No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my copy of The Road and it is a fantastic production. Another example of a book that needs to be held to be appreciated. The weight, texture, and smell are all things I can't deliver in video. And every page looks like it's covered in ash. Such a wonderful effect.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I got my copy of The Road and it is a fantastic production. Another example of a book that needs to be held to be appreciated. The weight, texture, and smell are all things I can't deliver in video. And every page looks like it's covered in ash. Such a wonderful effect.

Nice video. I did not purchase this one so I am unable to fully appreciate it. If you would kindly send me your copy I will hold it a bit and then get it right back to you. Thank you!

Comment

Well your enthusiasm for the story combined with an Audible sale finally pushed me off the ledge on this one. I will be listening to the story sometime in December. If I don't like it I am holding you personally responsible!
        Last edited by Martin; 11-30-2019, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Well your enthusiasm for the story combined with an Audible sale finally pushed me off the ledge on this one. I will be listening to the story sometime in December. If I don't like it I am holding you personally responsible!
          The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            The Road is so good that if you don't like it I'll stop giving Jeff a hard time about his displeasure with Bentley Little.
            Well I better like it then!

Comment

The story is just so so for me but the Suntup production is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                I passed on the Suntup edition so I will being reading via Audible.

Comment

This is a very low risk gamble. So I expect to be getting grief about my Little rage for the foreseeable future.

I certainly hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I did. I'm long overdue for a re-read.

That's too bad. I imagine I feel about this book the way you feel about Horns. At least as it relates to a favorite book getting the Suntup treatment.

Comment

Video was great as always, Jeff. I still know I did the right thing on passing on it, even though it’s my favorite book, but your video certainly gave me some pangs of regret.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That's too bad. I imagine I feel about this book the way you feel about Horns. At least as it relates to a favorite book getting the Suntup treatment.
                      I'm not sure Horns will ever be top for me production wise on the numbered. The enclosed slipcase, snakeskin, it's just hard to beat IMO even if you don't care for the book. RB is my second favorite thus far and I really love that story as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Video was great as always, Jeff. I still know I did the right thing on passing on it, even though it’s my favorite book, but your video certainly gave me some pangs of regret.
                        Well, that was the most I could hope for! I am bummed that you didn't join me in THE ROAD IS THE ULTIMATE BOOK AND SUNTUP MADE THE ULTIMATE EDITION OF SAID BOOK treehouse, but I respect your decision. Oddly, it seems I have no one to share my glee with--considering that Brian is sitting over there in his THE ROAD WAS JUST OKAY BUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE BOOK IS KILLER treehouse. So either the book is fantastic but the production is wanting or it's the other way around. And then there's me, just completely high off of this Cormac McCarthy Suntup edition.

Comment

Well, that was the most I could hope for! I am bummed that you didn't join me in THE ROAD IS THE ULTIMATE BOOK AND SUNTUP MADE THE ULTIMATE EDITION OF SAID BOOK treehouse, but I respect your decision. Oddly, it seems I have no one to share my glee with--considering that Brian is sitting over there in his THE ROAD WAS JUST OKAY BUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE BOOK IS KILLER treehouse. So either the book is fantastic but the production is wanting or it's the other way around. And then there's me, just completely high off of this Cormac McCarthy Suntup edition.
                          I'm still sitting in the Horns tree house of the mind sniffing my two copies. But, you're more than welcome to bring over The Road for a visit. Just be careful that you don't wake RB. He can be cranky and starts getting all apocalyptic

Comment

I'm still sitting in the Horns tree house of the mind sniffing my two copies. But, you're more than welcome to bring over The Road for a visit. Just be careful that you don't wake RB. He can be cranky and starts getting all apocalyptic
                            I'll bring HORNS23 along.

Comment

I'll bring HORNS23 along.
                              Play date!

Comment

It looks like you will be permitted to continue correcting Jeff regarding this. About 80% through and I am really enjoying The Road.

Comment

Working...
                                X