X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, you sold me.
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

I never watched the series, but I saw an epidode of Night Gallery: "Professor __________'s Last Lecture" I think it was titled, in which a professor at Miskatonic University was explaining the Cthulhu mythology to his comparative religion class. All the while, he's slowly turning into Nylarthotep. By the end of the lecture, all of the students are ready for the sanitarium: wide-eyed, drooling, hair disshevelled. Except for a mousy, bespectacled geek named "Howard" who is sitting in the back of the classroom furiously scibbling notes. I laughed myself into a headache over that. Wasn't creepy or scary, but I loved it!
      Last edited by srboone; 10-25-2011, 02:17 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have to agree with Haven, excellent series that I forgot to mention (knew I was forgetting at least 1 show)
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I never watched the series, but I saw an epidode of Night Gallery ...
          One of my earliest TV memories is an episode of Night Gallery. It was before I ever started school, so it was definitely a world shaping memory.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I watched the entire series of Night Gallery a few years back. It was my first exposure to it, and I loved it. Serling was the man.

Comment

I have a series on DVD called "Kindred: the Embraced" based on the game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle. It wasn't bad, but what i remember about it was thinking that the character (I belive a Tremere) who was the consort of whoever currently bore the title of Prince was one magnificent bitch. I haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being pretty good.
              Last edited by srboone; 10-27-2011, 08:48 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I remember when that was on, but I never watched it. I always thought it was an offshoot of the (dreadful) horror movie THE KINDRED. Shows what I know.

Comment

And still no AMERICAN GOTHIC????

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                    And still no AMERICAN GOTHIC????
                    Ah yes, I loved that when it was on, but as my memory serves, it sort of stuttered to a very unsatisfying end when it was cancelled?

I suppose Twin Peaks should be on my list then. Hooked from the get go, gutted when that was cancelled.

Carnivalle was something very enjoyable as well, but again, cancellation stopped it from fulfulling its potential I'd say.
                    http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

I loved Twin Peaks. I was really looking forward to a third season with Agent Cooper as the new Bob. Oh well, the series started to loose steam when Lynch released control anyway. I've got the series on DVD and have watched it entirely twice. Sometimes, I'll go out at night looking for a piece of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee....
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I loved Twin Peaks, too. Watching it week in and week out, we never had a clue of where things were going, and that was something great and amazing from network TV. I still remember the episode that ended with Agent Cooper's dream of the dwarf in the red curtain room. The scene alone had me going WTF over and over, but then to realize that the whole thing was filmed backwards to get that great dreamlike quality when it played forward - Wow!
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          I loved Twin Peaks.
                          First season: the best!
                          Second season: so-so. I don't really know when Lynch released control, but I lost interest about halfways the second season.

sk

Comment

At some point in the series, the action started rolling pretty quickly (compared the wonderfully deliberately-paced1st season); it was right around there.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, the network butchered AMERICAN GOTHIC. Even the DVD has the episodes out of order, which is baffling to me. I tried and failed to get into TWIN PEAKS. I think I was too young when it aired and a lot of it went over my head. I may have to rewatch it sometime and see how I fare.

Comment

Yes, do yourself a favor and give it another try. It won't seem as groundbreaking now, with all the boundaries that have been broken with cable series over the past decade, but it's still great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X