Brian861's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest Little Book from BP:

A Little Cobalt Book of Blue Stories and Stuff 1.jpgA Little Cobalt Book of Blue Stories and Stuff 2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      The latest Little Book from BP:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21035[/ATTACH]
      I am hoping to read this one within the next few days.

Comment

Anyone up for a ride

Christine Blu-Ray 1.jpgChristine Blu-Ray 2.jpg

Comment

I can look this up but what is 4K Ultra HD? Sounds provocative!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
            I can look this up but what is 4K Ultra HD? Sounds provocative!
            It's the next level of HD - twice the resolution of bluray, plus higher resolution sound (usually) and HDR encoding.

basically a new tv, a new player, and probably some more speakers. All good things if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              It's the next level of HD - twice the resolution of bluray, plus higher resolution sound (usually) and HDR encoding.

basically a new tv, a new player, and probably some more speakers. All good things if you ask me.
              What he said plus, in my view the jumped in quality from HD to 4k is as big as the jump from SD to HD was.

Comment

I'm not very technical so the terms buzz over my head however better definition and sound all "sound" great. I don't suppose my 7 year old TV would support that though. Anywho...Congrats on the movie!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                What he said plus, in my view the jumped in quality from HD to 4k is as big as the jump from SD to HD was.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                  I'm not very technical so the terms buzz over my head however better definition and sound all "sound" great. I don't suppose my 7 year old TV would support that though. Anywho...Congrats on the movie!
                  Requires a 4K TV and 4K DVD player. Few broadcast systems are transmitting in 4K, many web broadcasts are. Example: The recent Olympics were only available in 4K when watching an internet broadcast.

Comment

Technically it's the 2 levels higher, as 2k is a thing. Here's a pretty good article about the different resolutions.

https://www.cnet.com/news/tv-resolut...they-all-mean/
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Thanks!

And thanks guys for the explanation. I don't currently have a 4K set up but I'm sure I will once everyone has moved on to 10K The sound wasn't that great on Blu-Ray so I'm sure the 4k is much better. They come on separate disc of course. Aren't some of the gaming systems 4k?

Comment

I'm holding out until they can direct beam stuff directly into my brain. Until then I'm sticking with my walmart brand and/or whatever TV I can afford.

Thanks!

And thanks guys for the explanation. I don't currently have a 4K set up but I'm sure I will once everyone has moved on to 10K The sound wasn't that great on Blu-Ray so I'm sure the 4k is much better. They come on separate disc of course. Aren't some of the gaming systems 4k?

Comment

Does make ya wonder at point does resolution top out. The a healthy human eye can only see so well.

Comment

Does make ya wonder at point does resolution top out. The a healthy human eye can only see so well.
                            Well, 8k is already a thing (not for home entertainment yet.) I remember when I first got a Sega Genesis, and there was something I "think" I read somewhere that said 16-bit video games was almost at the end of the scale of what CRT displays could display. Now displays seem to be limitless - but your question about the human eye's capability is a good one.

Comment

Well, 8k is already a thing (not for home entertainment yet.) I remember when I first got a Sega Genesis, and there was something I "think" I read somewhere that said 16-bit video games was almost at the end of the scale of what CRT displays could display. Now displays seem to be limitless - but your question about the human eye's capability is a good one.
                              Glad you could read my statement, Jason. I butchered that one lol.

Comment

Really cool get for being part of Brian's Patreon campaign:

BJF Czech Halloween Children 1.jpg BJF Czech Halloween Children 2.jpg

And a very cool inscription from the Boss Man:

SK Gwendy's Button Box..jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X