[INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kshane View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread - a mod can move this if it's not. Was this book born out of CEMETERY DANCE: A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? That book was announced in early 2003 - here's a link from February 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20030219..._Code=chizmar8 I was wondering if the table of contents were ever revealed for A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? It was supposed to have "brand new, never-before-seen fiction and non-fiction from dozens of the horror/suspense genre's biggest stars! It will also include a scattering of significant reprints".
    Yes, CD 15 was turned into Best of CD 2. No a TOC was never revealed for CD 15.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks Dan! Did CD ever make proofs or arcs of A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? If so, it would have to be one of the most rare items CD ever made.

Comment

Thanks Dan! Did CD ever make proofs or arcs of A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? If so, it would have to be one of the most rare items CD ever made.
        Nope. CD 15 got stalled (for reasons I don't actually know) in early phases and never actually had anything to have been turned into an ARC. I think conceptually it was transformed into Best of CD 2 maybe 8 years ago or so. In fact this thread was started when this was still CD 15 publicly, but I think we were already Best of CD 2 behind closed doors back then. The book itself had been essentially ready for the past couple of years, but the signature sheets had been taking a really long time to circulate. There's 3 pages of signatures. It's a load of people signing and (30+ signatures) and it took years to get all of those signatures taken care of.

There's another "Best of" book that the signature sheets have been circulating for nearly as long and I still don't have back. That one's been a bigger hassle, as we had to start one of the sheets over again, as the one set got lost mid circulation. It eventually made it's way back to us, but not until after all the authors who had to re-sign signed new sheets.

Instagram

Comment

I have an ARC for a CD title Dark Masques. The ARC has a publication date of December 2010. I am assuming that this one died on the vine. Would have been a great limited edition though.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers Dan! Appreciate the info.

Comment

Thanks to Martin as well - is this the book you're referring to? https://web.archive.org/web/20101217...ROD/o_jnwill01 That might be interesting to see a list of titles CD only released as an ARC - probably hasn't happened too many times.

Comment

Thanks to Martin as well - is this the book you're referring to? https://web.archive.org/web/20101217...ROD/o_jnwill01 That might be interesting to see a list of titles CD only released as an ARC - probably hasn't happened too many times.
                No. The one at this link was produced by Gauntlet Press and is a graphic novel adaptation of some of the stories in the series. I have this one and it’s a beautiful book

Comment

Dark Masques is the only one that I can think of.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have an ARC for a CD title Dark Masques. The ARC has a publication date of December 2010. I am assuming that this one died on the vine. Would have been a great limited edition though.
                    Does this ARC have the same content as the Pinnacle paperback? If so, I must add it to my McCammon want list. (I am a hopeless McCammon completist.)

Dark Masques.jpg

Comment

I will list the full table of contents in the CD ARC of Dark Masques. It has at least some of the contents on the link from kshane but no illustrations. It may have the same contents as the edition listed by Mr. Grigsby (yes you will want to have this for you McCammon collection):

Edited by J.N. Williamson
                      Previously published as Masques 1984 by Maclay and Associated Inc. and Masques II 1987 by Maclay & Associates Inc.
                      465 Pages

Rediscovering Masques by Gary A. Braunbeck
                      Introduction by J.N. Williamson
                      Nightcrawlers by Robert McCammon
                      Somebody Like You by Dennis Etchison
                      Samhain: Full Moon and I Have Made My Bones Secure by Ardath Mayhar
                      Third Wind by Richard Christian Matheson
                      Redbeard by Gene Wolfe
                      The Turn of Time by David B Silva
                      Soft by F. Paul Wilson
                      House Mothers by J.N. Williamson
                      Party Time by Mort Castle
                      Everybody Needs A Little Love by Robert Bloch
                      Angel's Exchange by Jessica Amanda Salmonson
                      Down by the Sea Near the Great Big Rock by Joe R Lansdale
                      The First Day of Spring by David Knoles
                      Czadek by Ray Russell
                      The Old Men Know by Charles L. Grant
                      The Substitute by Gahan Wilson
                      The Alteration by Dennis Hamilton
                      Trust Not a Man by William F Nolan
                      Long After Ecclesiastes by Ray Bradbury
                      My Grandmother's Japonicas (with tributes) by Charles Beaumont
                      Popsy by Stephen King
                      Second Sight by Ramsey Campbell
                      The Yard by William F Nolan
                      The New Season by Robert Bloch
                      The Near Departed by Richard Matheson
                      Ice Sculptures by David B Silva
                      Wiping the Slate Clean by G. Wayne Miller
                      The Litter by James Kisner
                      Splatter: A Cautionary Tale by Douglas E. Winter
                      Deathbed by Richard Christian Matheson
                      American Gothic by Ray Russell
                      Moist Dreams by Stanley Waiter
                      Dog, Cat, and Baby by Joe R. Lansdale
                      Nothing from Nothing Comes by Katherine Ramsland
                      If You Take My Hand, My Son by Mort Castle
                      Maurice and Mog by James Herbet
                      Fish Story by Dennis Hamilton
                      Outsteppin' Fetchit by Charles R. Sanders
                      In the Tank by Ardath Mayhar
                      Hidey Hole by Steve Rasnic Tem
                      The Night is Freezing Fast by Thomas F. Montelone
                      Buried Talents by Richard Matheson
                      Lake George in High August by John Robert Bensink
                      Wordsong by J. N. Williamson
                      The Man Who Drowned Puppies by Thomas Sullivan
                      The Boy Who Came Back From the Dead by Alan Rodgers

I also agree with Dan. This has been the only CD ARC I have seen that never came to be.

Here is the cover photo from my collection thread. https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...lection/page32

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I will list the full table of contents in the CD ARC of Dark Masques. It has at least some of the contents on the link from kshane but no illustrations. It may have the same contents as the edition listed by Mr. Grigsby (yes you will want to have this for you McCammon collection):
                        Thanks, Martin! I really appreciate it. Added to my want list.

Comment

Got my shipping notice today for the trade edition. It’s kind of weird, you would think after the long wait ( when I ordered this book I had 3 kids in grammar school now my youngest has just finished up her first year of college) you’d think I would be excited about finally getting it. While I am and can’t wait for fall to get the limited edition I also feel a little down. It’s like the wait has been so long and it never seemed like the book was going to come out , that now that the end is in site it’s kind of sad. .... I know but I’m weird like that

Comment

Yes, same for me...it's been well over a decade, maybe as many as 14 years since I first ordered this tome. And, like you, getting an email letting me know it finally shipped, after so long, is anti-climatic. Yes, I am finally glad to have it, but where it used to mean something special to me, and something I looked forward to, my brain and interests are in an entirely different place now so also like you I'm sad and profoundly disappointed in that it took so long to get it. It's also mostly the reason I promised myself to never order another book from CD unless it's in stock. If it's not, it's a pass. Sometimes a hard pass, but given its overall track record (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this), there's just no reason to believe I will get the book anytime soon, as in years. Again, sad indeed.

Comment

Is there a reason my reply to bookworm 1, made more than 48 hours ago, was not approved for publication? After waiting for a book order for more than 14 years, do you not think I am justified in supporting bookworm 1's 'sadness' and for myself, how getting a notice for that same volume is likewise both sad and anti-climactic? Truth to power Brian and Richard. Can't simply hide from it when I am certain what I'm feeling isn't much the same as many who previously ordered this volume is. Censoring what I have to say only deepens my resolve to see something and to say something. Again, just saying.

Comment

The trade edition arrived today. This is one MASSIVE book.

Comment

Working...
                                X