No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe J forgot about the announcement today!!! It was so busy at work that when I finally went to lunch around 1 I didn't even think about it. I was looking through my email and noticed all these emails about a Joe Hill book and was wondering what it was about. Finally realized what it was opened the cdcc email and placed my order. This looks amazing and it has my favorite Hill story of all time in it. Voluntary Committal.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      If the GoFundMe thing works let me know. Please help me fund the Joe Jill Lettered editions being produced by Letter Press Publications. I probably have to work on my pitch.
      I got a huge kick out of Joe Jill LOL! Those will be exclusive indeed! Someone really needs to edit my post as well.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note, the print run for the REVIVAL Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio is now set at 400 copies.

My local print shop already sourced the paper a while back for a little bit larger run than that, just to have it on hand in case supply chains broke down, so they're going to print the signature sheets this week, and then start on the actual prints later this month.

The big wait, time wise, will be the actual portfolio cases, but assuming the case maker isn't legally forced to close up shop for a while due to the COVID-19 crisis, we're in good shape. They're starting work now and their current schedule gets the cases here in plenty of time for the August ship date.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          On a totally unrelated note, the print run for the REVIVAL Limited Edition Artwork Portfolio is now set at 400 copies.

My local print shop already sourced the paper a while back for a little bit larger run than that, just to have it on hand in case supply chains broke down, so they're going to print the signature sheets this week, and then start on the actual prints later this month.

The big wait, time wise, will be the actual portfolio cases, but assuming the case maker isn't legally forced to close up shop for a while due to the COVID-19 crisis, we're in good shape. They're starting work now and their current schedule gets the cases here in plenty of time for the August ship date.

Brian
          Brian,
          Question for you. Since 20th Century Ghosts is scheduled for a December release will you be announcing additional books prior to that one shipping?

P.S. Love everything about today's announcement!

Comment

Brian,
            Question for you. Since 20th Century Ghosts is scheduled for a December release will you be announcing additional books prior to that one shipping?

P.S. Love everything about today's announcement!
            That is possible, but I need to see how the world situation affects the printers and case makers. I'm trying very hard to be accurate with announced dates.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              That is possible, but I need to see how the world situation affects the printers and case makers. I'm trying very hard to be accurate with announced dates.

Brian
              Makes sense. Now go to bed it is late on the east coast!

Comment

Makes sense. Now go to bed it is late on the east coast!
                HA! Busy day, but wrapping up now.
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

So when I first skimmed the announcement email for 20th Century Ghosts I was a little underwhelmed. I’m not a diehard Hill fan and this book has gotten the limited edition treatment in the past, so I was more on the “probably not” side of things. Then I started looking a little closer at the design and the flat-out spectacular art and now I’m pretty excited for this edition and am all in. Great job, Brian!

Any chance we can get pictures posted of the mock-up of the lettered edition? I’ll never be able to afford one if it becomes available, but I’d love to see what the plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    So when I first skimmed the announcement email for 20th Century Ghosts I was a little underwhelmed. I’m not a diehard Hill fan and this book has gotten the limited edition treatment in the past, so I was more on the “probably not” side of things. Then I started looking a little closer at the design and the flat-out spectacular art and now I’m pretty excited for this edition and am all in. Great job, Brian!

Any chance we can get pictures posted of the mock-up of the lettered edition? I’ll never be able to afford one if it becomes available, but I’d love to see what the plans are.
                    The art I have seen so far perfectly matches the stories. I am very pleased to be adding this to my collection and hope for Heart Shaped Box soon!

Comment

The art I have seen so far perfectly matches the stories. I am very pleased to be adding this to my collection and hope for Heart Shaped Box soon!
                      I’d LOVE a HEART SHAPED BOX limited from LPP. By far my favorite Hill book.

Comment

I’d LOVE a HEART SHAPED BOX limited from LPP. By far my favorite Hill book.
                        Mine as well. Heart Shaped Box and Locke and Key two of the best stories I have ever read!

Comment

Mine as well. Heart Shaped Box and Locke and Key two of the best stories I have ever read!
                          I'm REALLY hoping NOS4A2 comes along at some point!! I have the SubPress edition, but I would LOVE to see the body of work Letter Press would come up with!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            I'm REALLY hoping NOS4A2 comes along at some point!! I have the SubPress edition, but I would LOVE to see the body of work Letter Press would come up with!!
                            NOS4A2 is my least liked Hill novel but I still enjoy it and would buy an LPP version.

Comment

Here you go!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Comment

I do not have many Joe Hill books. I have The Fireman signed hc, IDW's The Graphic Novel Collection signed hc and two Dark Carousel LPs-one signed, one unsigned. I have the CD Credit-Even so, I'm going to lay off any big ticket items until I see how things shake out here. I did order one signed trade paperback from CD last week.

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X