lettered editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lettered editions

I was just curious about of the letters had any meaning at all cause I saw a cemetery dance book labeled "PC" and was told it is Publishers Copy and im looking to buy one labeled "D". Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

Yes, a PC is publisher's copy. I know some publishers use it on lettered and numbered editions. Not 100% sure whether CD does that with numbered editions or not, but I am pretty sure they do. D is one of the actual lettered ones. To collectors caring about value an actual letter like D is typically more valuable than a PC copy
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Ahh ok I just didnt know if D has a special meaning or anything, so I take it a PC is more common than the normal A-Z lettered then? I dont really care about the letter or number I just wondered if D had any significance.

Comment

No, the D isn't special, other than being the only copy with that letter for the book. And yeah, there are more PC copies than individual letters, so those copies should always cost less. I don't really care much what number I get either, other than liking a set of books to have matching numbers like I am doing with the Passage trilogy.
        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
          No, the D isn't special, other than being the only copy with that letter for the book. And yeah, there are more PC copies than individual letters, so those copies should always cost less. I don't really care much what number I get either, other than liking a set of books to have matching numbers like I am doing with the Passage trilogy.
          Not always the case, I bought a PC of the lettered edition of He Is Legend from Gauntlet Press and was informed that there were only about 13 copies of those compared to 52 Lettered copies so sometimes the PCs are more rare than the lettered state, just depends on how you look at it, you can say that there is only one "D" compared to 13 copies of the PC state as well, it's all perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            Not always the case, I bought a PC of the lettered edition of He Is Legend from Gauntlet Press and was informed that there were only about 13 copies of those compared to 52 Lettered copies so sometimes the PCs are more rare than the lettered state, just depends on how you look at it, you can say that there is only one "D" compared to 13 copies of the PC state as well, it's all perspective
            What I meant is there will be more copies marked PC than, say, D. I expect there to be less PC copies of lettered books than actual lettered ones, but there is only one of each of the letters, which makes them more rare. I don't have the money for lettered books, but if I did I would probably prefer an actual letter unless I just couldn't resist the price of a PC. I typically couldn't really care less which letter I got though.
            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
              What I meant is there will be more copies marked PC than, say, D. I expect there to be less PC copies of lettered books than actual lettered ones, but there is only one of each of the letters, which makes them more rare. I don't have the money for lettered books, but if I did I would probably prefer an actual letter unless I just couldn't resist the price of a PC. I typically couldn't really care less which letter I got though.
              I agree that I would always prefer a numbered or lettered copy to a PC but PC's are good for association signatures and remarques and are usually a cheaper alternative, I tried collecting the same letter for a while but it is difficult with so few copies that I just gave up and take what I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                I agree that I would always prefer a numbered or lettered copy to a PC but PC's are good for association signatures and remarques and are usually a cheaper alternative, I tried collecting the same letter for a while but it is difficult with so few copies that I just gave up and take what I can get
                Yeah, PCs are good for all that. Would love to own a remarqued book, but at the moment it is definitely out of my price range. So are lettered titles at the moment. I do have 2 lettered titles right now, but neither were expensive (One is by Tom from these forums and the other is a Keith Minnion chapbook). Also have a lettered edition of Hautala's Waiting that I got during a sale.
                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                X