No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my copy of Glimpses in the mail today. Rather disappointed with the packaging they used - very loosely wrapped in thin bubble wrap and then dropped in a bubble envelope. Got a couple good corner dings as you can see in the photos. Bottom left corner of the spine and both bottom corners of the boards.
    IMG_0862.jpgIMG_0864.jpg

Comment

Same here. Mine arrived today, wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a thinly-padded envelope. Mine also has corner dings, pretty much just like yours. No way to know if it was like that before they shipped it or not....

Hunter

Comment

Same thing with me, I was pretty dissapointed by their packaging, one of my copies of Crooked House is a little dinged too, nothing to bad, but still dissapointing.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I sent them an email expressing our concerns and, since I placed another order a few days ago, I asked that they package them better to avoid this in the future.

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
          Same here. Mine arrived today, wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a thinly-padded envelope. Mine also has corner dings, pretty much just like yours. No way to know if it was like that before they shipped it or not....

Hunter
          Originally posted by Theli View Post
          Same thing with me, I was pretty dissapointed by their packaging, one of my copies of Crooked House is a little dinged too, nothing to bad, but still dissapointing.

Comment

Well that just plain sucks, I finally got notice it shipped yesterday, media, so no tracking of course. Looks like I can expect a dinged up book as well from the results of all your shipments. People who ship in envelopes to me have no love or respect of books, I would rather pay a couple of bucks more to get mine shipped in a box.
            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
              Well that just plain sucks, I finally got notice it shipped yesterday, media, so no tracking of course. Looks like I can expect a dinged up book as well from the results of all your shipments. People who ship in envelopes to me have no love or respect of books, I would rather pay a couple of bucks more to get mine shipped in a box.
              I never had my orders from them shipped in envelopes that I can remember (including when all US orders had free shipping), but I know what you mean about tracking. What is dumb that there actually is (or can be) tracking on items shipped media mail. I doubt I will ever be ordering a HC from them if this is how they ship things now. My last order was 2 PB books during the sale for good they had and I'm pretty sure they shipped in a small box.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Mine arrived via media mail and it did have a tracking number on it. They just never provided it to me. That happens a lot with my packages.

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                I never had my orders from them shipped in envelopes that I can remember (including when all US orders had free shipping), but I know what you mean about tracking. What is dumb that there actually is (or can be) tracking on items shipped media mail. I doubt I will ever be ordering a HC from them if this is how they ship things now. My last order was 2 PB books during the sale for good they had and I'm pretty sure they shipped in a small box.

Comment

My first order came in a box, but my last two came in bubble wrap envelopes. I hope they don't continue this practice...

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    My first order came in a box, but my last two came in bubble wrap envelopes. I hope they don't continue this practice...
                    I hope not too, for the sake of anyone buying from them and for their sake as well, since that will cause them to lose customers!
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

PS Publishing
                      made available
                      Hodder & Stoughton's limited edition
                      of Doctor Sleep

here is the quote from email:
                      "..
                      Hodder & Stoughton's limited edition is expected August/September and will feature the following:
                      • Slipcase
                      • Facsimile signature edition
                      • Limited to 700 copies
                      • £100 RRP
                      • Head and tail bands, ribbon marker
                      • Limited edition print of cover artwork
                      And here's the deal (c'mon it's PS, there's always a deal). We have a limited number of copies which we are offering at £95 plus postage (£2.99 UK, £4.99 Euro and US, and £7.99 ROW)
                      PLUS, if you order any other regular PS title at the same time you pre-order DOCTOR SLEEP, you will get a 20% discount off the PS title(s). (Please note: the discount applies only to additional titles ordered in the same basket as DOCTOR SLEEP but not the book itself)
                      ..."

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/doctor...ing-1826-p.asp

Enjoy!
                      AK

Comment

Neil Gaiman, Stardust: The Gift Edition - Deluxe Signed Limited (Hardback) 70% off

Another cool deal, that I want to share with everyone:
                        Neil Gaiman, Stardust: The Gift Edition - Deluxe Signed Limited (Hardback)
                        RPP: $147
                        On Sale for: $44
                        70% off
                        free shipping
                        (this is how I see the pricing from Canada).
                        http://www.bookdepository.com/Stardu.../9780062220837

Enjoy
                        Alex

Comment

The Gaiman edition looks cool. Thanks!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I love the book depository, you can find some great deals on there. And the free worldwide shipping is great!

Comment

Very true,
                              here is another great deal i just found:
                              http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/1122.../9781444744576
                              Hodder & Stoughton Ltd of 11.22.63 for $98 CAD (shipping inckuded).
                              The same book is still available on the publisher sitre for 100 UK pounds+shiping - go figure...

Also i found that bookdepository.co.uk and bookdepository.com often show different prices for thr same items.
                              AK

Comment

Looks to be out of stock.... THANK GOD!!!!!!!...... I need to say enough for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X