Bluelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluelines

Another general query. Is their a collectors market for bluelines, and where do people think they sit in the value chain of books?
    http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

I own a couple of Stephen King bluelines (It and Misery). I think that, because these are virtually unique, they are rather valuable. I don't know if there's a market out there or not, because they are so scarce. They are, however, a "different" kind of collectible that I'm sure doesn't appeal to most collectors.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Greenelk View Post
      Is their a collectors market for bluelines
      Now, what are bluelines??

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Now, what are bluelines??

sk
        I believe that they're proofs made from the printing plates
        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Hi Guys, found this description of bluelines out on the interwebby thingy

"Bluelines are proofs of the page negatives — actual representations of each printed page of your book created by holding special light-sensitive paper up to the film. (Everything that will print turns blue, hence the term "bluelines.")"
          Last edited by Grant Wootton; 10-09-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

As to what they look like, I have only one in the collection, being CD's "Strange Highways" by DRK. I'm with John on these, in that they're rare, but due to the nature of the process, they're not much good for reading and need to be stored carefully as they're quite fragile.

Blueline # 1.JPG

Blueline # 2.jpg

Comment

Blueline # 3.JPG

Blueline # 4.JPG

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of mine:

It

Misery

John

Comment

They're pretty cool John, particularly IT - must be massive in size given the way they're produced

Comment

I think I'll pass.....

sk

Comment

I guess I just don't understand the purpose of them in the first place. But then I'm slow...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        I think I'll pass.....

sk
                        One's enough for me - they may be collectible, but they're also not that pleasing, aesthetically speaking, when sitting on the shelf

Comment

Well, Mr. Woot's interwebby thingy is good for somethings. So now I know it's a negative used to check accuracy and position or sctaches and smudges before plates are made.

I assume htey are so rare because there's a different process that can be used or that these things just get thrown away...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            They're pretty cool John, particularly IT - must be massive in size given the way they're produced
                            I think it is kind of neat. Unfortunately, the IT is missing four signatures. It's still about 2 1/2" thick. Both bluelines have the original markings from the various people who work at the printers and, of course, are not in "mint" condition, showing that they were the original working items.

And I agree, aesthetically, they're not attractive, but I've always liked the oddball things anyway.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                              I think it is kind of neat. Unfortunately, the IT is missing four signatures. It's still about 2 1/2" thick. Both bluelines have the original markings from the various people who work at the printers and, of course, are not in "mint" condition, showing that they were the original working items.

And I agree, aesthetically, they're not attractive, but I've always liked the oddball things anyway.

John
                              I concur on the oddball aspect - love 'em

Comment

Working...
                              X