No announcement yet.

Daninsky's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely editions! I am mighty jealous of the Erikson, those are selling for quite the pretty penny now. Wish I snatched them up when they were available. I also have the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, just the s/l edition though. But what a beautiful book!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Lovely editions! I am mighty jealous of the Erikson, those are selling for quite the pretty penny now. Wish I snatched them up when they were available. I also have the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, just the s/l edition though. But what a beautiful book!
      Yeah I had originally only picked up the s/l of KotSK, but when it came time to ship the Lettered editions, Bill sent out an email blast announcing that they had two left over. I was lucky enough to manage to grab one. It was stupidly expensive, even at List, but is truly one of the most beautifully produced books SP has ever put out.

The demand for these Erikson editions is completely crazy. Prices are maddening to follow. They fluctuate more wildly than any other series I've collected. I really have no idea why. 80% (and that is no exaggeration) of the people I know who have purchased the SP edition have never even read the series! Which is fine and all, but i just don't understand such demand and such prices for a series of books that many of the buyers have never read. Probably why it gets bought and resold so frequently.

Camelot just listed a matched S/L set about 6 weeks ago for 2500 bucks, which was as cheap as I have ever seen it. I think it sold in less than 60 seconds after they sent the email. 9 months ago someone on Ebay paid that for GotM alone!

Comment

Utterly ridiculous! I remember a few years ago you could get GotM for a couple hundred, now it's price is staggering. I think part of the attraction is having a matching set of one of the longer continuous fantasy series. The art seems really impressive so far too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a crash eventually though.

Comment

Very impressive acquisitions! I'm glad, though, after hearing about the prices of many of these books that fantasy fiction has (generally speaking) never appealed to me, and series less so. Between Erikson, Martin, an Abercrombie, and a similar voracious demand for others like them, such series/fiction sure has their fans.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
            GRRM, Tim Powers, and Dan Simmons
            Man, those lettered are nice. I really like Summer Of Night. I always want to buy more lettered editions, but the heavy price tags due havoc on my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Man, those lettered are nice. I really like Summer Of Night. I always want to buy more lettered editions, but the heavy price tags due havoc on my budget.
              Yeah, they can be a burden to manage. A lot of mine were luck. The Moore was reduced greatly in price in a flash sale at a bookstore. The Reynolds and Ellison were both purchased directly from SP during their 24-hour sale last year, so were 50% off. The Summer of Night had a very small manufacturer's problem-a few very very light glue spots on the inside spine of the traycase. Nothing on the book itself and not at all noticeable from the outside anyway, but it got me a 50% break on the book. Still expensive, but reasonable. The GRRM and that Tim Powers were the only two I paid full retail for. All the rest came at a discount to mitigate the damage. Made it a lot easier.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.

Comment

Hello, friends. It's been a minute, but I finally freed up enough time to finish photographing my Subterranean Press collection for this thread. Hope y'all continue to enjoy the pics. I certainly enjoy the books. As usual, feel free to ask for closer looks on anything you want to see.
                Attached Files

Comment

Continuing with SP...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice...I really appreciate Sub Press' consistent nod to quality and production values. In my mind, Centipede and Sub Press are in a league of their own (and, of course, Centipede takes the Grand Prize). There are some other very nice presses out there, to be sure -- the benefactors of this forum site, for example -- but those two, in my mind, are the tops. I just wish Sub Press published less fantasy and hard sci-fi, a couple of genres that I'm just not partial to.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for the pics!
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Outstanding! Truly. There are many books there I would love to have in my collection. I've recently set up a new bookshelf so I have been reorganizing. Might be time to add some family pics to my thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Very nice...I really appreciate Sub Press' consistent nod to quality and production values. In my mind, Centipede and Sub Press are in a league of their own (and, of course, Centipede takes the Grand Prize). There are some other very nice presses out there, to be sure -- the benefactors of this forum site, for example -- but those two, in my mind, are the tops. I just wish Sub Press published less fantasy and hard sci-fi, a couple of genres that I'm just not partial to.
                          They do put out some very nice books, but typically lacking a lot of the bells and whistles Jerad works into his releases. I will admit that I read less hard sci-fi and fantasy than I used to, but I still enjoy several authors within those genres and SP tends to publish most of them. I find that horror/thriller/pulp are all a bit more to my taste these days, though if I could only bring one series of books with me to a desert island, it would be Steven Erikson entirely without question. I do enjoy SP's eclecticism, though. Their catalog truly runs the gamut.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Outstanding! Truly. There are many books there I would love to have in my collection. I've recently set up a new bookshelf so I have been reorganizing. Might be time to add some family pics to my thread too.
                          Thanks! And you really should! I love seeing other folks' collections. This section is one of my favorite parts of the forum.

Comment

Just updating this thread a bit after being too busy to do so for months. Here's my Clive Barker shelf. Clive is one of the (very) few authors whose work I collect with an obsessiveness I usually reserve for publishers. I have about twice this many paperbacks or trade hardcovers, but they are boxed up atm. All of the ones pictured here are signed/limited or signed/lettered. Clive Barker was my principle horror author back in the late 80's and early 90's. He tends to be a bit hit-or-miss with his work in the last 15 years, with nothing ever truly rivaling the output from his first decade, but I still find him quite readable.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Did you pre-order CD's edition of The Damnation Game?

Comment

The Barker's look great! What is the red one laying flat on the upper shelf?

Comment

Working...
                                X