No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrie is now in my hands. By now, others have provided the details; suffice it to say this is a fine book with regard to how it looks and feels (nice size too, if you like the feel of a "substantial" book). Not sure how many remain at CD, B&N and Amazon, but fence-sitters should jump on in. This being the CD forum, this is not news, but it bears repeating: CD does mighty nice work.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
      Carrie is now in my hands. By now, others have provided the details; suffice it to say this is a fine book with regard to how it looks and feels (nice size too, if you like the feel of a "substantial" book). Not sure how many remain at CD, B&N and Amazon, but fence-sitters should jump on in. This being the CD forum, this is not news, but it bears repeating: CD does mighty nice work.
      It is a very nice edition, Troy. Wasn't my first CD purchase but it was my first arrival from them. I've since upgraded to the AEs and they are amazing as well. Definitely will be a crown jewel in my collection once they're all said and done.

Comment

Possibly a big day for me, in that I've basically gotten the better half to allow me to climb aboard the Doubleday Years train. Carrie is on its way, (I believe) The Shining is soon to follow, and (I believe) I am cleared for the rest as they come (I missed out on Salem's Lot and will watch eBay for bargains as the years go by...). Either way, I'm in, baby!
        Just to finalize my excited yet emasculated post - I have now cemented the "I believe" items in my original post - The Shining is on the way, and I'm ready to rock on subsequent titles.

And yes, they remain quite safe in the jar.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

To begin with: this is not criticism - just an opinion, and a question (I love CD!)

From what I've seen of the numbered artist edition and lettered edition of CD's Carrie (NOTE: I have not seen these in person, only photos online), it appears that only the numbered artist edition comes in a genuine traycase. The lettered's case may be described as a traycase, and for all I know it meets some official or accepted definition of 'traycase' (I'm no expert), but to me, a traycase is a box that opens like a book with a front, a back, and a connecting hinge/spine part, all arranged so that the book's cover is fully visible when laying in the 'tray' of the traycase. To me, nothing is as luxurious and awesome as looking down on the cover of a great book resting within a nice, lined tray (mainly I'm thinking of the super high-end ones similar to It), and upon seeing the Carrie lettered, I thought hmmm - you can't even see the cover; that there is a slipcase with a flap, and found it strange that a less limited edition had a better case than the most limited edition. Not to mention that the lettered Carrie's cover is not just a tweaked version of something else - it's pretty damn striking and begs to be looked at (I would paw at this on a daily basis if I owned one - and if you own one, treat her like she deserves! God I love books...).

This is all just my taste, and the CD Carrie lettered is quite a beautiful item that I would be proud to own - I'm not crapping on it - but does anyone else feel the same way? Perhaps the term traycase is broader than I grasp and this wasn't a surprise to anyone but the new dummy (me) - I welcome any correction I've earned.

Does anyone know if the rest of the Doubleday Years lettered editions will have such cases (I'm not in on the lettereds and have nothing at stake; just curious)? I don't think we've seen the Salem's Lot lettered yet, but perhaps I stand to be corrected on that as well.

Comment

CD generally strive for uniformity in their sets, so I imagine that all the lettered will have the same style of case. I also agree that they are not exactly traycases in the traditional sense, more like a portfolio, however I disagree that they are not on par with the artist state. I like the unique approach and think they are quite striking.

Comment

I love the Lettered case myself and see no problems with it.

Comment

Any idea when Night Shift will be announced and can I expect PS Publishing to get copies for us Europeans?

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
                  Any idea when Night Shift will be announced and can I expect PS Publishing to get copies for us Europeans?
                  I'm sure Brian or Dan will be along soon with dependable info, but in the meantime, I believe the last we heard was that NS will be announced near the end of this year. (I don't know about PS).

To elaborate: I believe one of them previously said the plan is to wait until the current volume (in this case, The Shining) has begun shipping before announcing the next one. I think (not sure where I heard this, but...) The Shining may begin shipping in October.
                  Last edited by St. Troy; 07-29-2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Brian or Dan will be along soon with dependable info, but in the meantime, I believe the last we heard was that NS will be announced near the end of this year. (I don't know about PS).
                    I'm sure they'll wait at least until The Shining ships.

Comment

We've been waiting until close to / after publications of the previous book in the series before announcing the next one. So not until we are closer to / after The Shining ships.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here's a little sneak peek at one of the signature sheets for THE STAND, which we'll be publishing in 2018. This image is not color corrected or professionally scanned, but I think you'll get the gist. I love the clouds and the overall depth. The art really keeps going into the distance, which is an awesome effect:

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Off to a great start; looks awesome.

Comment

Very promising!

Comment

Production update on THE SHINING with a photo of the slipcase is going out today via email!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                                Production update on THE SHINING with a photo of the slipcase is going out today via email!

Brian
                                Excellent!! Thanks Brian!

Comment

Working...
                                X