No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was referring to my issues with TDT.org but I'm not having any issues here. I believe in your settings you can select that when you reply in a thread, you're automatically subscribed to it. You can also go through manually and subscribe to threads. You can do that at the top of the page via Thread Tools.

Comment

So, I am on vacation in Pittsburgh, PA. I have just spent 10 1/2 hours in a car having my first expereince at using a navigation device (a Garmin). The next person named Samantha I run into, I'm going to slap her silly and just walk away. I may get into trouble, but I will feel a WHOLE lot better--and ready to spend another 10 1/2 hours with my nav guide travelling back in about a week.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

10 vacation days in Pittsburgh, mostly visiting relatives. But there was one thing that I HAD to do while I was there (who knows if I'm ever I'm going back):

DSCF5238.JPG

I've seen them on The Food Network and TV every time a Pittsburgh team is in a championship game. The Primanti's Brothers Pitts-burgher sandwich. A 1lb cheesesteak sandwich with onions, tomatoes (stop signs), large-cut fries and coleslaw on the sandwich. Delicious!!! So good, I had another one the next day--a Hot Sausage (double meat, of course) and Cheese. I had successfully kept my eating under control for the entire time--until my last two days in Pittsburgh. Now I'm 12 lbs heavier.

But soooo much happier!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That looks awesome! Minus the coleslaw

Comment

Oh, that looks delicious!

Comment

Nice! I have been meaning to get to Pittsburgh one of these days for a hockey game (only about 4-5 hr drive for me). I'll have to put that on my list of stops should I venture that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                That looks awesome! Minus the coleslaw
                I hate coleslaw, myself; but this stuff is pretty mild and tastes great on the sandwich. Won't make me start eating coleslaw by itself, though (which the Rueben got me to do with sauerkraut).
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I hate coleslaw, myself; but this stuff is pretty mild and tastes great on the sandwich. Won't make me start eating coleslaw by itself, though (which the Rueben got me to do with sauerkraut).
                  Can't do sauerkraut except for on a Rueben :-/. Go figure. Some things just taste better mixed with others I reckon. I'd definitely be willing to give that sandwich a go!

Comment

Here in Tacoma we have a craft beer and gourmet hot dog place that has a few dogs with sauerkraut on them and it's delicious!

I'm not sure if I've had sauerkraut just by itself though. Something something getting old and forgetful something.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Can't do sauerkraut except for on a Rueben :-/. Go figure. Some things just taste better mixed with others I reckon. I'd definitely be willing to give that sandwich a go!

Comment

So I stumbled across this in my "home brewing adventures" I thought it was interesting and you guys might enjoy it. Some people on the internet decided to make "Graf" which is what they drink in the Dark Tower world instead of beer. To my knowledge it's not a drink the previously exsited, but something some people made based on how Stephen King described it. I might have to make some and give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLbRBl6p4Ec
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        So I stumbled across this in my "home brewing adventures" I thought it was interesting and you guys might enjoy it. Some people on the internet decided to make "Graf" which is what they drink in the Dark Tower world instead of beer. To my knowledge it's not a drink the previously exsited, but something some people made based on how Stephen King described it. I might have to make some and give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLbRBl6p4Ec
                        Very interesting video! I really want to give home brewing a go sometime.

Comment

So the beginning of November brings my city's annual BookFest - appearing this year..... Nick Cutter (author of The Troop, The Deep, and more). Margaret Atwood attended either last year or the year before!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Had at least one tornado tear through here last night about 7:10PM. Maybe a mile or so (KM or 2 LOL) from my house. Wasn't more than a small thunderstorm for me, but quite a bit of damage not too far away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18909[/ATTACH]

This is about a 5 minute drive from my house.

UPDATE - Environment Canada says 2 touched down. This picture was part of the damage of an EF2, and also an EF1 touched down just outside the city.
                            So the crazy weather here continues....in the last 14 hours, some places (Tecumseh, ON just east of me in Windsor) have record 6 inches of rain!
                            http://www.am800cklw.com/News/Headli...-(With-Photos)

Comment

Pretty sweet costume!

https://www.facebook.com/clint.case....9226003102855/

Comment

I picked these up a few years ago. One of my best buys from Cemetery Dance. My GAK-O-Lanterns. Did anyone else pick them up??
                                IMG_0681.jpg
                                Last edited by mhatchett; 10-20-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X