Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, I think they are more sadistic than that. They would just burn your wings off and watch you struggle until your eventual death.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Nah, I think they are more sadistic than that. They would just burn your wings off and watch you struggle until your eventual death.
      ......but the secrets I would be carrying to my death just might be worth it. I could then haunt Jeff and tell him about all the wonderful Bentley Little spinoffs that they came up with during the meeting. Especially the Bentley Little choose your own adventure books with introductions in each volume by Josh Malerman.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        ......but the secrets I would be carrying to my death just might be worth it. I could then haunt Jeff and tell him about all the wonderful Bentley Little spinoffs that they came up with during the meeting. Especially the Bentley Little choose your own adventure books with introductions in each volume by Josh Malerman.
        GAH! I'll HAVE to buy those!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I dunno...they might have a CD fly swatter!! Could be dangerous!
          Damn it, Brad! Now I need an official CD Fly Swatter.

Comment

Hi CD,

Do you have a better update as to the production status of "The Southern Reach" trilogy? Have been watching the production updates page for quite awhile; however, the update blurb remains the same, even though newer info has been posted various times in the forum. From what I've been able to gather via the forum, the book has already finished being proof-read and the signature sheets are in-office. What's the next step/hold-up in the production? Are we just waiting on the author to provide the secret bonus materials? Will the secret bonus materials still even be included? Let me know what you think as I'm dying for a better update on this one. As always, any info is appreciated. Thanks CD!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Hi CD,

Do you have a better update as to the production status of "The Southern Reach" trilogy? Have been watching the production updates page for quite awhile; however, the update blurb remains the same, even though newer info has been posted various times in the forum. From what I've been able to gather via the forum, the book has already finished being proof-read and the signature sheets are in-office. What's the next step/hold-up in the production? Are we just waiting on the author to provide the secret bonus materials? Will the secret bonus materials still even be included? Let me know what you think as I'm dying for a better update on this one. As always, any info is appreciated. Thanks CD!
              The signature sheets only just came back from the author not that long ago. Brian will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think we're just waiting for an opening in our schedule at the printer. They're currently pretty booked full of projects we had rolling before the sig sheets turned up.

Also as a side note, we're not really sure how COVID-19 is going to effect our printers yet. There's a lot of "non essential" businesses being shut down across the country currently and we don't know how that'll effect our printers.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yep, Dan is correct. It's one of the books that is ready for the printer, but we have others already with them and we can't send everything at once.

We cannot guess at when it will be sent because we have no idea how our printers, supplies, etc, are going to be affected over the next few months. Right now, they're open for business, but that could change today, or tomorrow, or next week. We'll have to see.

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks Brian & Dan! Appreciate the update & am glad to hear that it is just waiting for a slot with the printer. Definitely don't mind giving it more time. I was just worried since the production update for this one has stayed the same for so long. Thanks again for the update and be safe!

Comment

Dan & Brian, can you guys comment on whether the bonus materials were finally delivered or not? It was mentioned previously that you may be forced to go to print without them.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      Dan & Brian, can you guys comment on whether the bonus materials were finally delivered or not? It was mentioned previously that you may be forced to go to print without them.
                      I thought we said on that one. I'll let Brian answer though as I don't want to give you wrong information.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        We've had a hard time staying in touch with the author. We know he's super in demand right now, so that happens. If the bonus materials arrive before the book goes to press, we can still add them, but as of now, they haven't arrived.

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

That seems kind of shitty on Jeff's part, to be honest.

That said, I know you guys have to do what you have to do. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            Yep, Dan is correct. It's one of the books that is ready for the printer, but we have others already with them and we can't send everything at once.

We cannot guess at when it will be sent because we have no idea how our printers, supplies, etc, are going to be affected over the next few months. Right now, they're open for business, but that could change today, or tomorrow, or next week. We'll have to see.

Brian
                            How many people are normally employed by these printers? I was thinking that might determine whether or not they are allowed to stay open. I'm not so much worried about delays as I am about the people this will affect financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              How many people are normally employed by these printers? I was thinking that might determine whether or not they are allowed to stay open. I'm not so much worried about delays as I am about the people this will affect financially.
                              Around here (WA), the only thing that determines if they’re able to stay open is if they’re considered by the state as essential business...printers wouldn’t qualify here. No idea if that’s the case with CD’s printer(s), but if their state has issued the same directive, they’re shuttered for the time being.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Around here (WA), the only thing that determines if they’re able to stay open is if they’re considered by the state as essential business...printers wouldn’t qualify here. No idea if that’s the case with CD’s printer(s), but if their state has issued the same directive, they’re shuttered for the time being.
                                So far we haven't been told of any shutdowns of either printer, so I am thinking we're good for the time being. Like Brian said though, that could change any day with the way this situation is evolving.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X