This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    ...I have no idea what you're after with Marvin.
    I am after this:

https://youtu.be/FrkEDe6Ljqs?t=26
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
      Ahh yes. Nightshift. It's coming, but we're still having some printer problems on that front. I think I've talked about it before, but our main printer of 30+ years was bought by our "backup" printer and basically shut down. Unfortunately the backup printer can't currently do the King books. We've been shopping other printers to do them, but haven't been having a ton of luck yet.

According to our sales rep at the "backup" printer they should be able to do the King books by September (they're having a press installed that can handle them). We'll see though as that's what they said this time last year. In the meantime we're still contacting different printers trying to get quotes and find others that can handle them. It's been a huge pain in the butt on all fronts, because I know Brian and I both wanted to roll right into Nightshift once SB was done and here.

Edit: Also side note, I listened to way too much of that song before realizing what you were going for was in the title of the song...
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I thought that the printer that handled Sleeping Beauties (which is a beauty) was also going to roll right into doing Night Shift, no? Not busting your chops; I just lose track of this stuff.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

I thought that the printer that handled Sleeping Beauties (which is a beauty) was also going to roll right into doing Night Shift, no? Not busting your chops; I just lose track of this stuff.
          That was the original plan. But we found out about 3 months ago that apparently (no one ever told us) that that printer had filed for bankruptcy back in October of 2018 (which explains why they've been slow). The only reason we found out is because 3 months ago they notified us that they had been purchased by our backup printer and were being shut down. We're pretty sure Sleeping Beauties was one of the last things they ever printed. They were originally supposed to be doing the paperback of Richard's The Long Way Home, but that had to get shifted to the backup printer (thus the delays on that one).

Long story short basically we've lost 2 printers in 2 years and none of our remaining printers can currently handle projects like the big SK books. We're working on it though, and hopefully we'll have something figured out soon.

Instagram

Comment

Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.

Comment

Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.
              Hopefully. It's all really just a matter of finding someone who can do it right now. I know it's been stressing Brian out as we found out they couldn't do it right after he announced Revival. Luckily he's in a position there where he can make the changes needed to get it printed, where we can't with Nightshift as we're locked into the specifics because it needs to match (in style) the first 3 books in the Doubleday Years series.

Instagram

Comment

hahahaha well done!

Comment

Why can't the backup printer use the equipment they just bought when they acquired the primary printer?

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    Why can't the backup printer use the equipment they just bought when they acquired the primary printer?
                    We asked the same question. They're selling all of the presses from that printer and turning the building into a warehouse for paper. So what they really did was acquire the *customers* from that printer.

This book isn't late because we WANT it to be late...

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      We asked the same question. They're selling all of the presses from that printer and turning the building into a warehouse for paper. So what they really did was acquire the *customers* from that printer.

Brian

I think we should start a Kickstarter for the new BJF Printing company!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                        This is not what whiners on social media have led me to believe!

Comment

I've used this line several times, but sometimes I feel like it needs repeating:

"No deadlines, only headlines."

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            This is not what whiners on social media have led me to believe!
                            HA!

This will be in the next update, but I doubt folks have no idea what the feeling in the office was like when we found out they weren't keeping the "big press" we needed! Ugh.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I'd like to raise a pint in honor of Brian James Freeman who has been taking massive fire on social media and within forums and returning nothing but kill shots. Brian, I hate seeing all the shit you're dealing with. I for one appreciate the updates and transparency. I'm sure it's a struggle and I can't imagine the terror of basing the retail price of a book on a set of numbers from one printer, selling that book out pre-publication, and then being forced to produce a more expensive book based on an entirely different set of numbers from a new printer.

So I toast you and Dan and all the people who make these small presses such a huge part of our joy. Have a happy 4th!

Comment

Well said Jeff!!

Comment

Working...
                                X