Cemetery Dance Grab Bags & Other Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Received my Dinged Grab Bag order today and I could not be more pleased. All three books are absolutely mint condition, the flaw in each book is that they are limited editions with missing signature sheets.

I received one duplicate, Tabitha King's Small World. I can trade that when I venture to Powell's.
    I received one I was interested in but had not purchased, Bill Pronzini's The Revenant.

I received one I really wanted, Lonely Roads limited of The Fall. I actually have a copy of The Strain without the Signature sheet so I am thrilled to add this one.
    I am envious! I would have loved to get a copy of The Fall! My dinged grab bag was nearly as sweet. I got Small World, 4 Killers--which was never released to the general public--and Gone Girl which is a sharp production. I almost bought Gone Girl a few times so I'm happy to have a copy finally.

Comment

Congrats guys on your grabs!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I am envious! I would have loved to get a copy of The Fall! My dinged grab bag was nearly as sweet. I got Small World, 4 Killers--which was never released to the general public--and Gone Girl which is a sharp production. I almost bought Gone Girl a few times so I'm happy to have a copy finally.
        Great score but that combo would have been complete duplicates for me.

Comment

Both are great grab bags! Congratulations to you both!

Comment

My Dinged Grab Bag was at the USPS today. Inside-Revenant by Bill Pronzini. I can't see anything wrong with this one. It's signed, no bumps, it's in perfect condition to my eyes. The Book of Baby Names by Norman Prentiss. This one is a PC copy-Bent dustjacket and one big bump on the upper right corner. Now this fits the defintion of dinged. Sick Chick Flicks by John Skipp. It is a trade paperback and is in perfect condition-Just not signed. I think I'll especially enjoy reading the first Pronzini and Prentiss books. I'm quite happy I snagged this Dinged Grab Bag.

Edit-The only thing I saw after looking at the Pronzini book again is a tiny raise or rumple on the back of the dustjacket. I guess calling that book dinged means quality control measures are in place.

Cap
            Last edited by c marvel; 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM.
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

My tote bag o'books grab bag has arrived in the beautiful pacific northwest. Hopefully I will have it in my hands tomorrow!

Comment

Well received my Tote bag o'books grab bag today. I made out like a bandit!

This grab bag contained a previously offered tote bag, one lettered book and miscellaneous other books. They could use books from CD and other publisher's. If you were one of the first to order the lettered would be an actual letter rather than a PC copy.

I received two duplicates:
                * Orphans in Wonderland by Greg Gifune. Graveyard Edition #2, missing signature sheet.
                * The Girl on the Glider by Briane Keene, missing signature sheet.

I also received:
                * The Listener by Robert McCammon 1st Trade Edition. So I already have the Audio Book of this and have the Signed Limited on order but was excited to hold this book in my hands.
                * Heroes by Richard Chizmar, John Schaech and Nino Cammarata Signed and Limited #122 from SST. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought this. Thrilled to have it!

* Lettered edition (K) of Femme by Bill Pronzini. I already have the trade and the limited but am happy to add the lettered.
                * Everville by Clive Barker Signed Limited #439 from Gauntlet Press. I was shocked to see this one. With Damnation Game I know have two Barker books on my shelf to read!
                Last edited by Martin; 09-12-2018, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Well received my Tote bag o'books grab bag today. I made out like a bandit!

This grab bag contained a previously offered tote bag, one lettered book and miscellaneous other books. They could use books from CD and other publisher's. If you were one of the first to order the lettered would be an actual letter rather than a PC copy.

I received two duplicates:
                  * Orphans in Wonderland by Greg Gifune. Graveyard Edition #2
                  * The Girl on the Glider by Briane Keene, missing signature sheet.

I also received:
                  * The Listener by Robert McCammon 1st Trade Edition. So I already have the Audio Book of this and have the Signed Limited on order but was excited to hold this book in my hands.
                  * Heroes by Richard Chizmar, John Schaech and Nino Cammarata Signed and Limited #122 from SST. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought this. Thrilled to have it!

* Lettered edition (K) of Femme by Bill Pronzini. I already have the trade and the limited but am happy to add the lettered.
                  * Everville by Clive Barker Signed Limited #439 from Gauntlet Press. I was shocked to see this one. With Damnation Game I know have two Barker books on my shelf to read!
                  Sweet haul!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    Sweet haul!!!
                    Ditto! Nice haul, Martin!

Comment

A super grab bag. But now for the hook.....Everville is the sequel to Great And Secret Show. Soo as a collector you now have the obligation to look for the first book. .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        A super grab bag. But now for the hook.....Everville is the sequel to Great And Secret Show. Soo as a collector you now have the obligation to look for the first book. .
                        Curses!

Comment

Working...
                        X