No announcement yet.

Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a hard run at the end there though, striking up two more votes and nearly catching the leader in my group. LOL. Seriously a good time, great forum discussions, many good stories, many new friends. Thanks to all of those who tossed me your vote. It means a lot knowing that you liked the story.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Landau View Post
      Well done to Nikita whose 'Meat Socks' is a very worthy winner in my group and a suitably squirmy read! Comiserations to second placed Nik Houser's 'American Inferno' - another strong entry. To come in behind you guys is no shame. Grats to all the other winners too - let this be the momentum that keeps your internal fires lit and your wheels turning. Good luck to us all!
      I thank you for the kind words and I second what you said--there were some amazing entries in this contest and while I'm grateful that so many people enjoyed my story, I really do feel bad. I understand it's a contest and that's the nature of the beast and all but Nik, Adam, I thought your stories were wonderful and had the tables been turned, I would not have been ashamed to come in second.

Comment

Since it's so close to the end of this round I hope it's safe to comment on Meat Socks by Nikita. This was my favorite story out of all of them! Love me some Meat Socks.

MLD

Comment

Most of the votes should be over within the next hour. With the exception of group 1, which ends later in the day today, because I made the vote thread a day before the others.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Most of the votes should be over within the next hour. With the exception of group 1, which ends later in the day today, because I made the vote thread a day before the others.
            Scratch that. I forgot I could manually close a poll, so I will close group 1 when the last of the other groups voting has ended in about an hour.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              I made a hard run at the end there though, striking up two more votes and nearly catching the leader in my group. LOL. Seriously a good time, great forum discussions, many good stories, many new friends. Thanks to all of those who tossed me your vote. It means a lot knowing that you liked the story.
              I thought you did a great job with your story, Kenneth. Branded was a great entry and deserving of its votes. I hope you consider publishing it somewhere. I thought our group was one of the hardest to decide on.

Comment

I'm happy to have received as many votes as i did. I know where 2 came from, but the other 6 were completely random which is really cool. Thanks!

And good luck to all those in the next round! I'm curious to see how the voting will go when only a few stories will be taking part in the last poll.

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                  Love me some Meat Socks.
                  I rather enjoyed that cute story as well. Reminiscent of a great movie scene, "It puts the lotion on its skin."

Comment

Thanks, Draven. Appreciate the kind words. Good luck in the next round.

Comment

really liked meat socks nikita, that was a tough group indeed, several really great stories
                      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Meat Socks, was very good, but something about Nik's American Inferno just stuck with me in that group. Might be, because it was one of the first ones I read, but it most certainly was good as well.

Instagram

Comment

i agree, i loved American Inferno as well

Comment

We've recently been through a massive change at where I work. As part of major cut backs the whole department had to be streamlined by 42%, which meant that every unit within that department had to lose at least 1 member of staff, sometimes more. When you were told that you had retained your job there was no great push to celebrate because it was at the cost of your fellow colleague losing their job.

This is what it feels like now.

Too many good stories lost out on having a real chance of winning this. I know there is another stage, and I wish everyone involved the best of luck, and to those who missed out (for whatever reason), more than anyone I hope your stories find a perfect home. Hopefully some may resonate in the minds of the CD staff, and we'll see them soon in some other form.

Good luck, and thanks for allowing me on this.

Comment

^ what he said - so many great stories, i hope you'll all send them out, they deserve to be published - best of luck in the finals everyone, should be really tough, the competition is unreal for those three spots

thanks dan and CD for all of your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                                We've recently been through a massive change at where I work. As part of major cut backs the whole department had to be streamlined by 42%, which meant that every unit within that department had to lose at least 1 member of staff, sometimes more. When you were told that you had retained your job there was no great push to celebrate because it was at the cost of your fellow colleague losing their job.

This is what it feels like now.

Too many good stories lost out on having a real chance of winning this. I know there is another stage, and I wish everyone involved the best of luck, and to those who missed out (for whatever reason), more than anyone I hope your stories find a perfect home. Hopefully some may resonate in the minds of the CD staff, and we'll see them soon in some other form.

Good luck, and thanks for allowing me on this.
                                This is why you won your group, Craig. Very good way of putting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X