Misery from Suntup editions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    These are my thoughts exactly. I wound up selling off my two CD Doubleday Portfolios because I realized they just weren’t my thing and I’d wind up spending another $200 or so to keep up the set, merely to have it on my shelf. Much rather have it in the hands of someone who really loves it. I can’t see myself spending $300 on something I’m not that into so I can spend even more money. Makes me wonder if we’ll see some EotD portfolios start showing up on the aftermarket once Misery is behind us.

I’d love to get in on a Lifetime Subscription plan from a Press. I’ve heard the horror stories from people burned by some of these deals, but when they pay off it’s pretty huge.
    I do hope some Eyes of the Dragon art portfolio's start showing up on the market for a reasonable price. I would love to own but can't justify the retail.

Comment

Looks like the lifetime subscriptions sold out fairly quickly. Apparently the lettered Misery are all gone but still some numbered editions available.

Comment

Good luck for those who try today.

Comment

Well, so much for that. By the time I got to click enter to complete my paypal payment, it said it was sold out. I did buy a gift edition, though

Comment

That was brutal. And I didn't get a numbered. I walked away bruised with an Artist edition. Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?

Comment

By the time I went to bed last night I had decided to try for the limited this morning. Well I clicked as soon as it struck 8:00 and the order went through flawlessly. I received order number 1973, which I found interesting and have secured a limited of Misery!

Comment

It probably didn't help that Stephen King announced it and posted a link to it on Facebook.

Comment

Something about the Chrome browser and the Suntup site didn't mesh. Kept getting a redirect to the same order page and/or a Database Error message. Switching to Internet Explorer worked, though by the time I got it all sorted out the Numbered was gone. Oh well, just as well, given that I was leaning toward the Artist's Edition anyhow (though that 4-payment plan was tempting).

Congrats to those who got a Numbered.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    Well, so much for that. By the time I got to click enter to complete my paypal payment, it said it was sold out. I did buy a gift edition, though
                    Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?
                      Has not been announced, that I've seen...just that it will be based on preorders, will be comparatively limited for a King LE, and that it will be capped. Don't know why Paul just didn't announce what that cap is, though.

Comment

That was brutal. And I didn't get a numbered. I walked away bruised with an Artist edition. Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?
                        Sorry you missed on the Limited. They have not stated a number for the artist edition yet. If I remember correctly they will determine the print run based on a pre-order window but expect it to be low.

Comment

Anyone know how many artist editions they're producing?
                          Has not been announced, that I've seen...just that it will be based on preorders, will be comparatively limited for a King LE, and that it will be capped. Don't know why Paul just didn't announce what that cap is, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Something about the Chrome browser and the Suntup site didn't mesh. Kept getting a redirect to the same order page and/or a Database Error message. Switching to Internet Explorer worked, though by the time I got it all sorted out the Numbered was gone. Oh well, just as well, given that I was leaning toward the Artist's Edition anyhow (though that 4-payment plan was tempting).

Congrats to those who got a Numbered.
                            I went in using Edge browser and had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              By the time I went to bed last night I had decided to try for the limited this morning. Well I clicked as soon as it struck 8:00 and the order went through flawlessly. I received order number 1973, which I found interesting and have secured a limited of Misery!
                              Congrats! I will breathe your second-hand joy.

I guess I should have used Safari and not Chrome!

Comment

I guess I should have used Safari and not Chrome!
                                Yep, me, too. Funny how it's often the little, unexpected things that trip one up.

Comment

Working...
                                X