[INDEXED]A Book of Horrors edited by Stephen Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    What's the difference between the $60 edition hardcover and the trade hardcover being published? I know the $60 one will have two signatures and better materials most likely, but anything else? Will there be artwork inside that won't be found in the trade?
    Signed by the editor and the cover artist, different production values (better paper stock, better endsheets, better binding) and a totally different design, plus Les Edwards is painting some artwork inspired by Stephen King's story. I think it's going to be oversized, but I have to double-check my notes. And, as always, it's strictly limited -- a one-time printing and then it's done. The trade hardcover will be printed in larger numbers and can be reprinted again and again and again for as long as they want.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
      Signed by the editor and the cover artist, different production values (better paper stock, better endsheets, better binding) and a totally different design, plus Les Edwards is painting some artwork inspired by Stephen King's story. I think it's going to be oversized, but I have to double-check my notes. And, as always, it's strictly limited -- a one-time printing and then it's done. The trade hardcover will be printed in larger numbers and can be reprinted again and again and again for as long as they want.

Brian
      The cover part sounds cool indeed!

Thanks for the additional information.

Comment

Well, I had to pass on the deluxe this time, too. But got the $60 version and finally used my forum coupon, yeah!
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Mr. Edwards has a major challenge in front of him. The cover on the UK trade is beautiful.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Mr. Edwards has a major challenge in front of him. The cover on the UK trade is beautiful.
            Also his, so he's competing with himself! I'm sure he's up for the challenge! The UK artwork will be used as illustrated endpapers for the Limited Edition, I believe. It's going to be a beautiful book!

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Will CD/PS be offering a slipcase for this book?

Comment

You can still find the Deluxe Edition of A BOOK OF HORRORS over the "pond" @ 595 BP.

Our copies of the Deluxe Edition of A BOOK OF HORRORS are now sold out less than five hours after the book was announced.

Brian
                Been too busy and didn't get to my emails this week.
                Missed my chance to get the Deluxe Edition on this side of the pond.
                Tried my luck over at PS to see if they still had it on their site.
                Lucky Me! 595 British Pounds + 4.99 shipping = $1010.30
                AY

Comment

Originally posted by AY_gunslinger View Post
                  Been too busy and didn't get to my emails this week.
                  Missed my chance to get the Deluxe Edition on this side of the pond.
                  Tried my luck over at PS to see if they still had it on their site.
                  Lucky Me! 595 British Pounds + 4.99 shipping = $1010.30
                  AY
                  At least that's not too much more. I wish I knew why shipping from the UK to the US is so much cheaper than the other way around.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I wanted the Deluxe Edition, but it wasn't in my budget. I'm looking forward to receiving the $60 edition though!

Comment

I'm pretty excited over this book. I was only able to pre-order the trade but truthfully speaking it wont look out of place on my bookshelf.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Signed by the editor and the cover artist, different production values (better paper stock, better endsheets, better binding) and a totally different design, plus Les Edwards is painting an original cover inspired by Stephen King's story. I think it's going to be oversized, but I have to double-check my notes. And, as always, it's strictly limited -- a one-time printing and then it's done. The trade hardcover will be printed in larger numbers and can be reprinted again and again and again for as long as they want.

Brian
                        Hi Brian, will this edition be numbered?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                          I'm looking forward to receiving the $60 edition though!
                          I've received mine. It's even signed by a couple of authors!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            I've received mine. It's even signed by a couple of authors!

sk
                            I didn't realize it was shipping already! Cool that it is signed by a couple writers too. Is it numbered?

Comment

I didn't realize it was shipping already! Cool that it is signed by a couple writers too. Is it numbered?
                              I got my copy through the London based Forbidden Planet.
                              It's the regular trade edition, signed by just a couple of authors.

sk

Comment

Yep it's numbered.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X