Amaranthine Books - Dracula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amaranthine Books - Dracula

Has anybody seen this ? I found this over the weekend and i think its quite interesting. It might be a little over the top but I personally think i haven't seen anything like this before

https://amaranthinebooks.com/product...vania-edition/

That is interesting!

Comment

I'm really into sprayed edges but not sure I'd pay that for it.

Comment

Looks cool but I would not pay that price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Looks cool but I would not pay that price for it.
          Agree the price is high.. but the concept is pretty interesting. Loved the idea. Never had a dracula book which glows in the dark lmao

Comment

There’s a thread on TDT about this book. It’s a really great looking product and completely over the top. But that didn’t stop me from going hmmm ...

Comment

Cool and interesting book. The price is the price I suppose but it seems steep.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                There’s a thread on TDT about this book. It’s a really great looking product and completely over the top. But that didn’t stop me from going hmmm ...
                I thought it looked familiar.

Comment

I'm considering buying the Jekyll and Hyde – Jekyll Edition. ~Cap

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                  Has anybody seen this ? I found this over the weekend and i think its quite interesting. It might be a little over the top but I personally think i haven't seen anything like this before

https://amaranthinebooks.com/product...vania-edition/
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                    I'm considering buying the Jekyll and Hyde – Jekyll Edition. ~Cap
                    Would you buy Jekyll, Hyde or both? It looks like a cool book. I am not sure I could read the white print on black paper version.

Comment

So now Folio Society is doing an edition of Dracula. Ever notice how titles like this seem to clump together?

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/dra...d-edition.html

Comment

Dark regions is also selling the amaranthine version i believe... folio one is not as cool feature wise as the other in my opinion. Though in both cases such exorbitant amounts for Dracula is just a put off.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                          Dark regions is also selling the amaranthine version i believe... folio one is not as cool feature wise as the other in my opinion. Though in both cases such exorbitant amounts for Dracula is just a put off.
                          Ehh the features seem pretty comparable to me. It just depends on your tastes. I like the look of the Amaranthine one, but I find the glow in the dark ink to be a bit cheesy / gimmicky. They are also relatively similarly priced, with the Amaranthine one being very slightly cheaper.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Man, as a long-time fairly serious Dracula collector (it's my favorite novel), I've gotta say that I find both of these new editions annoyingly overpriced. Drac is in the public domain, so you're not paying for any rights or anything, just the production costs. Although, they both are certainly nice- I don't find them worth the extremely high price points. Also, I don't really like the illustrations in the Amaranthine, and while the Folio illustrations looks better- I don't exactly love those either (I always wanted the Argentinian Symbolist artist, Santiago Caruso to illustrate it- and I believe he now has, but only in a foreign edition). These are tough for this Drac Fan to pass on, for sure, but, so far- I'm holding fast. If they ever go on sale, though..

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Would you buy Jekyll, Hyde or both? It looks like a cool book. I am not sure I could read the white print on black paper version.
                              I like the white Jekyll edition personally. I would not buy both editions. ~Cap
                              Last edited by c marvel; 10-10-2019, 12:01 AM.
                              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X