Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie can you watch over and over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LD player didn't survive. Now I'm stuck with hundreds of LDs, taking up a considerable amount of space.
    I think I know where they eventually will end up.....

sk

Comment

!!!!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

You guessed it!!

sk

Comment

Hey, Siep, you can always do what my wife wants to do with my considereable cd collection. She wanted to glue them to the wall and have a shiny disco wall.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Haha - problem is, though, I barely have any wallspace left.
            Books all over the place..

sk

Comment

The Adventures of Buckaroo Across the 8th Dimension. What's not to love about this SF romantic...comedy...action...satire? Peter Weller as a rocket scientist, nuerosurgeon, quantum physicist, rock-n-roller trying to stop the Red 'Lectroids of Planet 10 from taking over and destroying Earth in the process (I think). The plot is incoherent at times, the producer was suicidally insane and did not believe in the film (one day he'd say he didn't like a certain scene and would take it out, the next he'd put it back in--he committed suicide a few years later, but not over the film), the director never knew what the final cut of the movie looked like til it hit theaters, and the list goes on. It's surprising the film turned out as good as it did.

And it is a good movie in spite of everything--probably the strangest good movie you'll ever see.

It also has my favorite ending credit sequence ever. I saw it in the theater in 1984, wore out at least 2 VHS tapes (maybe more) and played it continuously for a week when it came out on DVD.

And I'm still holding out for the sequel promised in the end credits! (Still a believer after 27 years...)
              Last edited by srboone; 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

One movie that I forgot to mention in my original reply to this thread is the original Planet of the Apes. After I watched it for the first time about eight years ago, I immediately played it again. And then again a few months later. And a fourth time a year after that...
                "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Sad, but true - "Field of Dreams" is my personal all time favourite - can't say why, it's just one of those things that just "is, because it is" - followed closely by Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. The former gets an airing at least a year, the latter, well, I have the 3 edition set (original, extended version and the directors cut) so I just watch one of them every now and again). They'll be movies, for whatever reason, will be with me for life

Comment

I love that movie. I also love "A River Runs Through It"
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                      I love that movie. I also love "A River Runs Through It"
                      I'm in complete agreement about "A River Runs Through It". Since seeing this movie it has always been near the top of my list. For me it has a personal note because I grew up trout fishing so it really pushes the right buttons.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just a few (and mostly non-sf/fantasy):

The Green Mile
                        Shawshank Redemption
                        All of the Harry Potters
                        The Blind Side
                        The King's Speech
                        Driving Miss Daisy

Perhaps the last few indicate my age, but I think they are EXTREMELY good. I find myself more and more dissatisfied with most if not all the recent CGI-type movies. I'm more interested in a good/great story than the special effects, though a good movie can be ruined by lousy CGI.

John

Comment

The Exorcist
                          The Shining
                          The Wizard of Oz (LOL)
                          all the Alien movies
                          Night at the Museum
                          Cool Runnings
                          any Jack Nicholson movies
                          any Sandra Bullock movies

Comment

To be honest!!! I can watch 127 Hours & Fast and Furious Series again and again...Because both movies has a good concept & actions.........Rocks movies ever..
                            Watch movies @ 10starmovies with latest updated movies & also watch the office online for free TV show without any restriction or downloading..

Comment

A Christmas Story--every year, TBS' 24-hour marathon is a tradition!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A movie I could watch over and over again is Excalibur. I first saw it in high school; an English teacher got a bunch of us under 17ers into the theater to watch it for a class project. But today, it was announced that Merlin has died of esophogeal cancer. Nicol Williamson died on December 16, 2011 at the age of 75. For me, he will always be Merlin; nobody else come close to him. His Merlin sleeps with the dragon now; may he rest in peace.
                                Last edited by srboone; 01-26-2012, 07:41 AM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X