SCENIC ROUTE by Bruce Francis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCENIC ROUTE by Bruce Francis

So I've had an interesting run of luck at the Salvation Army lately. A while back I found a copy of Lansdale's LEATHER MAIDEN in fantastic condition. The other day I scored a signed 1st edition (7th printing) of FIGHT CLUB. I love Palahniuk's stuff and never bought a copy of FIGHT CLUB before so it was a sweet find. Then yesterday I went back and got a STRAIN paperback (I have the Lonely Road lettered edition of THE FALL and wanted to read the first book first), a hardcover 11/22/63 (the only King novel I've never bothered to read), a hardcover copy of LAST NIGHT A SUPERHERO SAVED MY LIFE (a collection of articles with contributions by Lansdale and Gaiman), and SCENIC ROUTE, a mystery book that I just had to buy.

I bought it because the cover was really cool and the quality of the production was above average. I didn't bother looking it up on Amazon or Goodreads, I just gambled with my $1.95 like a millionaire.

After getting it home I noticed it was signed. And taking the dust jacket off, really shows what a nice book it is. The DJ is in fair to poor shape.

Anyway, I can't find much on this book or the author (apparently this is his first book). There are a lot of copies for sale on eBay and none have sold. And the book also received the lettered treatment! So I'm really puzzled why an unknown author who wrote an unwanted book got such a great limited edition treatment. Anyone know anything about this book?

SR_cover.jpg

SR_naked.jpg

SR_sig.jpg

Bruce "$1.95" Francis
    SR_spine.jpg

Great finds, I'm a thrift store, yard sale miner myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Great finds, I'm a thrift store, yard sale miner myself.
      Thanks! Yeah there's nothing like finding that gem in the discard pile. Last night I was actually scouring the shelves looking for a reading copy of The Haunting of Hill House when I made these finds. I shudder to think that my books could end up on Salvation Army shelves some day.

Imagine finding a lettered Cemetery Dance or Suntup book!

Comment

I’ve never heard of it, but that is an incredible find at a thrift shop. I can say, though, that Lord John Press has always seemed to me to be a press that was more concerned with the artistic veracity and worth of the content than necessarily the popular draw of the contributor(s). So that may account for why a presumably obscure author got the deluxe treatment from them.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I’ve never heard of it, but that is an incredible find it at a thrift shop. I can say, though, that Lord John Press has always seemed to me to be a press that was more concerned with the artistic veracity and worth of the content than necessarily the popular draw of the contributor(s). So that may account for why a presumably obscure author got the deluxe treatment from them.
          In my set up, I stated that this was the author's first book. By all indications, it's also his only book. So now, of course, I'm speculating that Bruce Francis is a pseudonym for some other famous author and the book will be worth a fortune someday!

I'm moving this one up my TBR pile.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            In my set up, I stated that this was the author's first book. By all indications, it's also his only book. So now, of course, I'm speculating that Bruce Francis is a pseudonym for some other famous author and the book will be worth a fortune someday!

I'm moving this one up my TBR pile.
            You have discovered Bentley Little's pseudonym.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!! !!!

And WELL PLAYED, Martin!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!! !!!

And WELL PLAYED, Martin!!!!!
                That's awesome LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X