Dark Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Shadows

Does anybody else think this looks kinda cool? Tim Burton, Johnny Depp reunited! I never saw the original soap opera but this looks like it could be fun!

I used to rush home from school to watch the original! Barnabas Collins was the best!!! I got to meet Jonathan Frid many, many years later, interesting experience. I hope he can make some money off of this one.

Comment

Just saw this on ellen. Can't wait, HUGE Johnny Depp fan.

Comment

I think it's going to be fun.
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

I'm looking forward to it as well. Depp and Burton make a formidable team. As I said earlier I don't know much about the storyline but hell, who cares? lol. Hey, if Hatchett ran home to view it, it's good enough for me!

Comment

I recall reading the comics as a kid, and, the TV series a little later in life. The upcoming movie appears to be more of a comedic homage / outright pisstake of the original - however, given that Depp and Burton are teaming up again (and there appears to be no freaking lalalalalalala Elfman songs in it) I, for one, am very much looking forward to it's release

Comment

I enjoyed sweeny Todd. I don't know anyone else who did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Now you do Teri, I thought it awesome, both at the theatre, and since at home on Blu-Ray (gets better each time I give it a run, particularly the song lyrics)

Comment

I liked it as well, Teri. The only version I had seen was the Angela lansbury/George hearn one from 82--a filmed stage production (aside from a college production); the Burton/Depp film had elements to it that the others didn't. And Depp was terrific!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Depp is always terrific. Benny and joon is my favorite movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                      I really liked Sweeney Todd.
                      Can't really compare it to any other version, as I haven't seen any.

sk

Comment

Dark Shadows looks to be a lot of fun. I've seen a couple episodes of the show as a kid, but don't really remember it. This movie seems to be set many years later, and treating it in a more humourous way.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I first learned about Dark Shadows through the pages of Famous Monsters of Filmland.

This show looked like a lot of fun, but, living in the Netherlands, I obviously couldn't watch it.
                          Till a couple of years ago. Through Amazon, I ordered the first set of Barnabas Collins episodes, liked what I saw, and ordered some more...and more.
                          So far, I've seen a couple of hundred episodes - and though it's very, very slow, and the acting's so-so, I do like this series.

Can't wait to see Tim Burton's take.

sk

Comment

I loved jigsaw puzzles as a kid, and one time my sister's boyfriend let me borrow a Dark Shadows puzzle that he had. It was only 500 pcs (I think) but was very tough since most of it was black.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I used to rush home from school to watch the original! Barnabas Collins was the best!!! I got to meet Jonathan Frid many, many years later, interesting experience. I hope he can make some money off of this one.
                              Same here..I loved that show...had a crush on Quentin Collins..hehehe!! I definitely want to see this movie...love Johnny Depp!!

Comment

Working...
                              X