Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Dark Discoveries Website Store Update - 100+ books (Incl. Rare CD, NEP, BL, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Dark Discoveries Website Store Update - 100+ books (Incl. Rare CD, NEP, BL, etc.)

A while back I expanded the Dark Discoveries Website to include a few new and used books from some of my fellow publisher friends at Cemetery Dance, Necessary Evil Press, Overlook Connection, Bad Moon, Biting Dog, Tasmaniac, Thunderstorm and others (much in the spirit of WHISPERS Stuart David Schiff's offerings back in the '70's). I'm expanding my store even more now and offering even more titles from authors that have been in DD (or that will be in the future) to give people a chance to check out more of the author's work and maybe try a publisher they haven't yet.

I've just uploaded a huge amount of new, used and preorder titles and have got over 100 titles up on the site now. Here are just a few of the books for sale now and some are out of print and very tough to find (or are signed by some contributors and unavailable elsewhere):

BAD CANDY (Promotional Chapbook w/ Al Sarrantonio & Paul Melniczek - Bad Moon) Our price $11.99 ($10.79 w/ 10% coupon).

KEALAN PATRICK BURKE - MASTER OF MOORS (Signed/# NEP HC – List Price $45) Our Price: $26.99 ($24.29 w/ 10% coupon).

KEALAN PATRICK BURKE - THE TURTLE BOY: PERGRINE'S TALE (Signed/# Cemetery Dance Signature Series HC- list price $35 - OOP) Our Price: $29.99 ($26.99 w/ 10% coupon).

THE BLEEDING EDGE – Edited by William F. Nolan & Jason V Brock (Signed 1st Trade HC – Featuring Bradbury, Mathesons, Lansdale, O’Bannon, Johnson, Shirley, Braunbeck, etc. – Signed by 4 - $64.95 list price) Our Price: $44.99 ($40.49 w/ 10% coupon).

BRETT McBEAN - CONCRETE JUNGLE (Signed/# Trade Paperback - Tasmaniac Press - list price $14) Our price $9.99 ($8.99 w/ 10% coupon).

MICHAEL LOUIS CAVILLO - AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $40 list price) Our price $19.99 ($17.99 w/ 10% coupon).

TIM CURRAN - BONE MARROW STEW (Signed/# Tasmaniac HC – List Price $40) Our Price: $29.99 ($26.99 w/ 10% coupon).

JOHN EVERSON - SIREN (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $60 list price) Our price $34.99 ($31.49 w/ 10% coupon).

RAY GARTON - MAN IN THE PALACE THEATER (Signed/# Chapbook - Subterranean Press) Our price $14.99 ($13.49 w/ 10% coupon).

GREG GIFUNE - A VIEW FROM THE LAKE (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $55 list price) Our price $24.99 ($22.49 w/ 10% coupon).

NATE KENYON - SPARROW ROCK (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $55 list price) Our price $24.99 ($22.49 w/ 10% coupon).

EDWARD LEE - LUCIFER'S LOTTERY (Signed/# HC – Cemetery Dance - list price $40) Our Price: $35.99 ($32.39 w/ 10% coupon).

IN LAYMON'S TERMS (Trade HC – Cemetery Dance - List price $50) Our Price: $43.99 ($39.59 w/ 10% coupon).

JACK KETCHUM – OFFSPRING (Signed Overlook Connection TPB – list price $19.99) Our Price: $14.99 ($13.49 with 10% coupon).

JOHN MACLAY - LITTLE RED BOOK OF VAMPIRE STORIES (Signed/# Borderlands Press HC - OOP) Our price $19.99 ($17.99 w/ 10% off coupon).

RICHARD MATHESON - DARKER PLACES (Signed/# Gauntlet Press HC - OOP) Our Price: $99.99 ($89.99 w/ 10% off coupon).

PAUL MELNICZEK - A HAUNTED HALLOWEEN (Signed/# HC - Dark Regions Press - list price $45) Our price $32.99 ($29.69 w/ 10% coupon).

LISA MORTON - THE SAMHANACH (Trade Paperback novella - Bad Moon - List price $13.99) Our price $7.99 ($7.19 w/ 10% coupon).

JAMES NEWMAN - ANIMOSITY (Signed/# NEP HC – List price $45) Our Price: $29.99 ($26.99 with 10% coupon).

NORMAN PARTRIDGE - JOHNNY HALLOWEEN (Signed/# HC - Cemetery Dance - $30 list price) Our price $25.99 ($23.39 w/ 10% coupon)

NORMAN PARTRIDGE - SPYDER (Signed/# Chapbook - Subterranean Press) Our price $14.99 ($13.49 w/ 10% coupon).

TOM PICCIRILLI - FUTILE EFFORTS (Signed/Limited Cemetery Dance HC - list price $40 - OOP) Our price: $29.99 ($26.99 w/ 10% off coupon)

TOM PICCIRILLI - THRUST (Signed/# Bloodletting HC- list price $45- OOP) Our Price: $29.99 ($26.99 w/ 10% coupon).

AL SARRANTONIO - HALLOWEEN & OTHERS (Signed Cemetery Dance HC – list price $40 - OOP) Our Price: $19.99 ($17.99 with 10% coupon).

(STEPHEN KING) RICHARD BACHMAN - THE RUNNING MAN (Rare 1st Edition Pseudonym PB) Our price $19.99 ($17.99 w/ 10% coupon).

JEFF STRAND - GLEEFULLY MACABRE TALES (Trade Paperback collection - Dark Regions Press - List price $17.95) Our price $12.99 ($11.69 w/ 10% coupon).

SON OF RETRO PULP TALES – Edited by Joe & Keith Lansdale (1st Trade HC – Subterranean Press – Signed by Nolan & the Lansdales – list price $40) Our Price $24.99 ($22.49 w/ 10% coupon).

PETER STRAUB - PORK PIE HAT (Signed Trade HC – Cemetery Dance - $19.99 list price for unsigned) Our Price: $14.99 ($13.49 w/ 10% coupon).

JEFFREY THOMAS - THE FALL OF HADES (Signed/# HC - Dark Regions Press - list price $45) Our price $32.99 ($29.69 w/ 10% coupon).

JEFFREY THOMAS - DOOMSDAYS (Signed/Lettered Edition HC w/ Slipcase - Dark Regions Press - list price $150) Our price $59.99 ($53.99 w/ 10% off coupon).

WRATH JAMES WHITE - POPULATION ZERO (Signed/# HC - Cargo Cult Press - list price $50) Our price $42.99 ($38.69 w/ 10% coupon).

Here's the link to the front page of the webstore and just click on the side menu for individual publishers and items:

http://darkdiscoveries.1freecart.com/

The special 10% off coupon runs until the end of this month. The code is: DD10 and just enter it in the box during checkout. You can also email me directly for any orders at: [email protected] . I'll be continuing to add more and more books and magazines as time goes on so keep checking back. And I welcome want lists as well. If you're looking for something in particular, please let me know as I have a good chance I can get ahold of it for you.

(*With the exception of certain heavier books, Shipping is always a one-time charge of $3 for the US, $4 for Canada and $8 for overseas - no matter what the size of the order is)

- James Beach
    Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Dark Discoveries
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    Last edited by darkdiscoveries; 06-28-2011, 12:24 AM. Reason: updated list

Thanks for the post. I hadn't heard of your site before and just ordered some of your Stephen King collectibles. I didn't get a 10% coupon when I signed up for the newsletter, but I'll keep an eye out for another email. I'm sure I'll use it on another order!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      Thanks for the post. I hadn't heard of your site before and just ordered some of your Stephen King collectibles. I didn't get a 10% coupon when I signed up for the newsletter, but I'll keep an eye out for another email. I'm sure I'll use it on another order!
      Hi Dave. Thanks for your order! Not sure why it didn't forward the coupon code to you, but I refunded the 10% difference back to you now and i'm sorry about that.

And for everybody else, the coupon code is: DD10 to make it a bit easier. Please do still feel free to sign up for our newsletter as we have free stories, special promotions, coupons, etc. from time to time.

- James

Comment

Hello James,

Just signed up for the mailing list and placed an order. I also did not receive my 10% coupon code. Good stuff.... and guess what I just saw as I was typing my reply, the coupon code. I'm an idiot, it's late.

Chris
        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
        gamertag : calason

Comment

Originally posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
          Hi Dave. Thanks for your order! Not sure why it didn't forward the coupon code to you, but I refunded the 10% difference back to you now and i'm sorry about that.

And for everybody else, the coupon code is: DD10 to make it a bit easier. Please do still feel free to sign up for our newsletter as we have free stories, special promotions, coupons, etc. from time to time.

- James
          Thanks, James

Comment

Originally posted by calason View Post
            Hello James,

Just signed up for the mailing list and placed an order. I also did not receive my 10% coupon code. Good stuff.... and guess what I just saw as I was typing my reply, the coupon code. I'm an idiot, it's late.

Chris
            Chris - That's okay! Sent back the 10% difference for you as well and thanks for your order. Guess next time i'll just include the code in the post (LOL)!

- James

Comment

Thanks to everybody who's checked out my store and for those who've picked a few things up. I've updated the list here and have a bunch more books coming in from Bad Moon, Dark Regions, CD, etc. very soon.

Continuing to add more magazines as well and have a number of out of print issues or CD, copies of Deathrealm, Eldritch Tales and many others. If you're looking for any specific books or mags please feel free to drop me a line at: [email protected] with any want lists!

- James

Comment

James, I got my order yesterday, thank you. I got to read one of the old magazines from the '80s last night. It was a blast to see a list of SK books for sale at what would be considered bargain prices today.

Comment

Thanks to everybody who's checked out my store and for those who've picked a few things up. I've updated the list here and have a bunch more books coming in from Bad Moon, Dark Regions, CD, etc. very soon.
                  I did take a look and saw a few I definitely was interested in, it's just too bad I am unable to spend the money on them at the moment, but hopefully soon I can pick up a couple at least
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I just wanted to give a big shout out to DD and especially James for his patience in helping me sort something out Helpful and friendly! Thank you!!!
                    Misery(aka Lori H )

Comment

Just updated it to reflect some new additions. Thanks to everybody who has checked it out/and or picked up something. Again, I do appreciate it!

- James

Comment

Hi James, I just placed an order and the DD10 coupon would not work. If it has expired, no problem - I just wanted to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          Hi James, I just placed an order and the DD10 coupon would not work. If it has expired, no problem - I just wanted to check.
                          Hi Dave. Thanks for ordering the book and i'm not sure why the coupon didn't work as it should have ran through today. I'll send you back the difference now and i'm sorry about that! Maybe time to get a new shopping cart going.

Thanks - James

Comment

Hi Dave. Thanks for ordering the book and i'm not sure why the coupon didn't work as it should have ran through today. I'll send you back the difference now and i'm sorry about that! Maybe time to get a new shopping cart going.

Thanks - James
                            Thanks, James.

Comment

Just made my first order through the store for some paperbacks. When payday comes along i'm very interested in ordering one of the limited editions. Its a nice website and all round great job. Looking forward to the books arriving!

Comment

Working...
                              X