No announcement yet.

Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most fun I've had in awhile.... Seriously, some great stuff here!

Comment

I'm anxious for the voting portion, but waiting is part of writing. I've had to wait MONTHS to hear if a story has been accepted.
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
        I'm anxious for the voting portion, but waiting is part of writing. I've had to wait MONTHS to hear if a story has been accepted.
        I'm anxious as well. Just a few more days and the wait will finally be over. Well, that's not 100% true because then we'll all be waiting for the voting portion to be over.

Comment

I'm loving this whole Writing Contest atmosphere. It is so much fun and exciting; such a great learning experience! I hope you have these contests more often! Thanks for the great opportunity! Thanks CD & CD Forums staff!

Comment

Well, as we enter the homestretch of the submissions period, I have to think Dan's idea was a resounding success. With over a hundred submissions, I'd say this contest has certainly attracted a lot of folks to the forum. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
              Well, as we enter the homestretch of the submissions period, I have to think Dan's idea was a resounding success. With over a hundred submissions, I'd say this contest has certainly attracted a lot of folks to the forum. Congrats!
              No kidding. This contest might have opened the doors for future contests. Let's all hope so.

In the meantime, the waiting has given plenty of time for reading. 60+ down. There are some pearls in here. I'm glad we get more than one vote now.
              Last edited by Draven Ames; 06-07-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                I'm glad we get more than one vote now.

Me too! This is ridiculous - in a good way. I've read some good tales so far.
                http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Yup, me too.

This was a great idea to generate some excitement and participation.
                  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

This was a blast- I am loving reading through all these! So much fun... and huge round of applause to all those who entered- writers of the macabre, unite! haha...

Wait, so we get more than 1 vote now???

Comment

I just hope when voting time rolls in, stories that are really worth it will be picked, that the winner won't be someone who got all his facebook friends to sign up and vote... (i actually read this remark on another forum that was discussing this contest, I think it does bring up a valid concern...)

Now back to reading entries, still got quite a few left so i guess this week i'll be slacking around the office... more than usual that is.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        I just hope when voting time rolls in, stories that are really worth it will be picked, that the winner won't be someone who got all his facebook friends to sign up and vote... (i actually read this remark on another forum that was discussing this contest, I think it does bring up a valid concern...)

Now back to reading entries, still got quite a few left so i guess this week i'll be slacking around the office... more than usual that is.
                        I guess we will have no way of knowing-atleast there are three positions available. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                          I guess we will have no way of knowing-atleast there are three positions available. It is what it is.
                          Interesting. I just keyword searched twitter etc. and there are indeed folks who are out promoting.

I don't particularly have a problem with it, it's the age of social media. However, I hope ethics will be maintained and those with extensive social media networks will simply ask their followers to check out the contest.

This is my first contest and so far, it's been a great experience. I was motivated to finish and polish a short story, I discovered this forum, and reading the entries has been instructive and entertaining.

Best wishes to everyone,

Katherine

"Cabin Fever" - second last page. :-)

Comment

I myself posted the link to this contest on Twitter-encouraging others to participate such as Draven and Gombegger-but I have seen no one actually looking for votes. As of yet anyway!

Comment

So, let me see if I have this right . . .

We get one vote for our favorite story.

Voting goes for a week.

Will the stories still be posted during the voting period? I figure.

The top three stories, by vote, win the lollipops.
                              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I've been afraid of this becoming a "popularity contest" since the beginning. The army always taught me that if "you aren't cheating, you aren't trying". call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure there will be a LOT of people trolling for votes. A friend and I were discussing this, and I think the best way to vote would be to close the vote to only people who submitted, give them 3 votes that can't be used on their own story, and make it a blind vote meaning nobody knows who has the most votes so that they can't intentionally skew the vote. sort of like college football voting lol. thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X