What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
    That's one I'd love to read, too. How is it so far? From what I recall of the description, it's a bit different from what Lee usually writes.
    I'm only 2 chapters in and haven't really read any Lee to compare it too. Basically (and you can get this from the blurb) it's a guy obsessed with Lovecraft (who isn't?) that takes a vacation trying to follow and learn what inspired some of his writings.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
      I haven't really read any Lee to compare it too.
      If you enjoy this Lee book, I highly recommend his other novels and story collections. I especially liked Operator B, Slither, and Flesh Gothic. Of course, I haven't been disappointed by a Lee book yet, but those three titles represent my favorites so far.
      "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I actually got some solid reading time in yesterday. Finished the Ketchum book, started and finished "The Painted Darkness," and then read the first few chapters of "Hell Hollow".

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorScribe View Post
          I've read quite a few books by Vonnegut, and I've yet to be disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed Galapagos as well as many others, including Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse-Five. I highly recommend his works.
          I agree completely. I've never read a Vonnegut book I didn't like, and many of them I've read multiple times.

This was my first time through THE SIRENS OF TITAN. I loved it.

Tom (a.ka. Tito Villa), try some Vonnegut and let me know what you think.

Comment

I'm about halfway through The Resort by Bentley Little.
            http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
            http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
            http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pray to Stay Dead by Mason James Cole
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

7th Sigma, by Stephen Gould. This one's really good. I had to put it down half-way thru last night because it was getting late and I needed some sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                  I agree completely. I've never read a Vonnegut book I didn't like, and many of them I've read multiple times.

This was my first time through THE SIRENS OF TITAN. I loved it.

Tom (a.ka. Tito Villa), try some Vonnegut and let me know what you think.
                  Which of his books should i go for first do you rekon?

Comment

The Dark Tower. Time to take the plunge...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Now on to Richard Laymon's Dark Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        Simmons a one hit wonder??
                        You can't be serious. He's an amazingly versatile author -much more so than Stephen King-, who knows how to tell a tale.
                        He has written some great fantasy/science fiction (Hyperion/Endymion), some grrrrreat horror stuff (Summer of Night is one of the best vampire tales ever, and I urge everyone to read The Terror - awesome!)
                        And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

sk
                        You know something? You're right! LOL. I forgot all about Summer of Night until I just read your post. I did read that and remember liking it...and I know I have Prayers to Broken Stones as well, but I can't remember ever reading it. I need to get into that closet of mine and find exactly what I have by him and maybe read one of his books. It seems for the past 20 years, all I've ever read regarding non-fiction is King or Koontz and forgot about all the others, except some Laymon and Ketchum stuff. I need to broaden my horizons....because of your post, I'm going to try another Simmons book. I need something good....I have to see exactly what I have by the guy.

Comment

Done with Pet Sematary and about 3 stories into the first volume of Dreamsongs.

And finally can post again, as right after vacation I came down with some nasty virus. Lots of catching up to do now.

Comment

Just started reading "The Sword of Shannara" series again. It's been ages, figured I'd start from the beggining as I just finished reading all the prequel series Brooks wrote and there are some in later series I have yet to read.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Sooooooo...

You went on vaction, caught a nasty virus, finished your time in Pet Semetery (did your wife plant you there? That's touching actually, a nice twist on the book!) and now you've come back to us.

Cool! Welcome back, Pete!!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Just started reading "The Sword of Shannara" series again. It's been ages, figured I'd start from the beggining as I just finished reading all the prequel series Brooks wrote and there are some in later series I have yet to read.
                                Book two of "Legends of Shannara" is due out on August 23rd
                                51qh4QbnZ6L__SS500_.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X