Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice adds!

Comment

Killer grab on Fevre Dreams, love that edition!

Comment

Thanks! That artwork you posted looks pretty neat!

Comment

Thank You sir!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Been looking for a reasonable copy of Subterranean's Fevre Dream for awhile. The art is cool, nice slipcase, Ebay comes through again.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17617[/ATTACH]
            You're welcome. ;-) It was almost mine.

I've been after a decent-priced copy of Sub Press' FEVRE DREAM edition myself for years. I almost snagged that one myself when it recently popped up -- and especially after the seller reduced in his relist to $149, but opted not to pull the trigger on it since it lacked a number. I'm still not sure I made the right decision, but of course it's all moot now...I'm just glad it went to a good, appreciative home.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Been looking for a reasonable copy of Subterranean's Fevre Dream for awhile. The art is cool, nice slipcase, Ebay comes through again. Have a great snow day, wherever you are.
              Nice catch! I snagged the last copy of that edition off Amazon many years ago. It's one of the only George R.R. Martin books I like.

I just looked it up to see when I got it - October 22nd, 2008, for $90.
              Last edited by Dave1442397; 01-22-2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                It's one of the only George R.R. Martin books I like.
                Me, too. I'm not a GRRM fan, per se, just a fan of this particular book. Maybe that's why I couldn't pull the trigger, even at $149 and even as much as I want it. Certainly not going to get any cheaper, though, so I need to get past that stumbling block so I pull the trigger next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Me, too. I'm not a GRRM fan, per se, just a fan of this particular book. Maybe that's why I couldn't pull the trigger, even at $149 and even as much as I want it. Certainly not going to get any cheaper, though, so I need to get past that stumbling block so I pull the trigger next time around.
                  I also have an ebook version if you just need a reading copy.

I used to read more GRRM back in the '80s. Tuf Voyaging was a good book, from what I remember.

I got bored with his endless serial books, though. I felt he was fishing for a bestselling series more than telling a story, and I guess by the time he got to Game of Thrones it worked out for him. Kudos to him, but it wasn't my thing.

Comment

Dave, appreciate the e-book offer, but I have a tpb of it...my desire for the S/L HC was in part to (vastly) upgrade, but also in part because from the pics I've seen it's just a stunning production (of a book that I enjoyed). I guess that's why I haven't picked up the cheaper signed HC 1sts I see on eBay...it's missing that second element (stunning production).

I've never been a fan of fantasy fiction -- and am only a half-hearted one for science-fiction -- so GRRM just isn't typically my cup of tea. Even his other horror work leaves me a bit cold. There's just something about FEVRE DREAM that hits the right buttons for me...

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      There's just something about FEVRE DREAM that hits the right buttons for me...
                      Yes, it's always been on my list of favorite vampire novels. I must read it again one of these days.

Comment

Great adds bugen and mhatchett! I'm extremely jealous of the Scarlet Gospels. I really want to get that edition, but it's so expensive. I hope that ensures copies are still available when I can afford it.

Comment

I won't have many decent pictures until I make it back to the states in June, but I've picked up some cool things worth mentioning. I got a lettered and limited broadside of Joe Hill's "By the Waters of Lake Champlain," The Scarlet Gospels limited (I'll be getting a lettered of that too), I just made my final payment on a lettered Psychos and lettered Pop Art chap book, and I got a limited and lettered NOS4A2/Wraith. Was lucky to snag that lettered for only $400. Here's a pic of the original artwork that came with it. image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                            I won't have many decent pictures until I make it back to the states in June, but I've picked up some cool things worth mentioning. I got a lettered and limited broadside of Joe Hill's "By the Waters of Lake Champlain," The Scarlet Gospels limited (I'll be getting a lettered of that too), I just made my final payment on a lettered Psychos and lettered Pop Art chap book, and I got a limited and lettered NOS4A2/Wraith. Was lucky to snag that lettered for only $400. Here's a pic of the original artwork that came with it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]17625[/ATTACH]
                            Nice!

Comment

Love the lettered NOS4A2, wish I'd ordered it when it was available!

Comment

Love it too:

Comment

Working...
                                X