No announcement yet.

PAPERBACK EDITIONS OF KIN & OTHERS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is spurred me to get my hands on Kin in the very near future. I loved Turtle Boy (on Kobo). So much to read, so little time. Good problem to have though right?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      This is spurred me to get my hands on Kin in the very near future. I loved Turtle Boy (on Kobo). So much to read, so little time. Good problem to have though right?
      The best kind of problem to have!
      http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

When I read the part about the community surviving thanks to meth I was wondering if you got the idea for that from Methland or something since I saw you had been reading it on Goodreads. After reading the description of that one on Goodreads I decided I wanna check it out sometime. I don't read many non-fiction books, but do enjoy them. Enjoy true-crime books. Read "I" The Creation of a Serial Killer in one day I was so interested in it. Having half of it coming from the serial probably played a role in that. Also loved Killing Pablo about the hunt for the drug lord Pablo Escobar. It's amazing how towns thrive thanks to what someone does for it thanks to money made from illegal drugs and how towns will protect people like that. The way he lived in prison was amazing too. I don't know if that would be useful as research in writing a novel, but I imagine "I" The Creation of a Serial Killer could be useful in that you can discover how a serial killer feels/thinks.

And no problem in sharing Kin, thanks for writing it! Not sure if that has been read by the BIL yet, they are down in FL so I don't get much chance to talk to him. I also recommended they get The Turtle Boy too since my sis has herself an eReader
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Hey RJ: I actually read Methland after deciding to incorporate meth addiction and culture into the Kin sequel. The book came highly regarded, so that, along with a few documentaries, and my recent trip to Florida, aided immensely in research. I'll also keep an eye out for those other books you mentioned. Thanks!

Comment

Mr. Kealan sir. Are there any online bookstores selling your books particularly Kin in epub file version for us non-Kindle or Nook people?
            Last edited by sunnyckf; 03-10-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyckf View Post
              Mr. Kealan sir. Are there any online bookstores selling your books particularly Kin in epub file version for us non-Kindle or Nook people?
              Hi Sunny,

Absolutely. Here are some links for you:

Smashwords.com

Kobo.com

Diesel Ebooks

Sony Ebooks

Hope these help!

Kealan

Comment

Great story in The Turtle Boy, KPB. Haunting and unforgettable. Your prose is beautifully eerie and dripping with passion for your characters. I can tell this one came from the heart. Bravo!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks Mr. Kealan! Just bought and downloaded Kin from Smashwords. Was introduce to your work via Master of the Moors when you did the e-book serial. Really kept me on toes waiting for each chapter. But didn't have a card then or I would've gotten The Turtle Boy and your other limited editions as well.
                  Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                  Hi Sunny,

Absolutely. Here are some links for you:

Smashwords.com

Kobo.com

Diesel Ebooks

Sony Ebooks

Hope these help!

Kealan

Comment

A question about the Timothy Quinn series: was the prologue "Genesis" written for Stage Whispers or was it included in one of the fours novellas?
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Great story in The Turtle Boy, KPB. Haunting and unforgettable. Your prose is beautifully eerie and dripping with passion for your characters. I can tell this one came from the heart. Bravo!
                      Thanks very much! It did indeed come from the heart. The locations are all real, and I was inspired to write it after seeing my stepson and his best friend digging for gold in the back field in the heart of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyckf View Post
                        Thanks Mr. Kealan! Just bought and downloaded Kin from Smashwords. Was introduce to your work via Master of the Moors when you did the e-book serial. Really kept me on toes waiting for each chapter. But didn't have a card then or I would've gotten The Turtle Boy and your other limited editions as well.
                        Thanks Sunny! Man, that e-serial is going back a while. My first novel! Glad to reconnect with you!

Comment

A question about the Timothy Quinn series: was the prologue "Genesis" written for Stage Whispers or was it included in one of the fours novellas?
                          It was originally published in Cemetery Dance's edition of PEREGRINE'S TALE.

Comment

Loved Stage Whispers. Great first four acts in the play of Timothy Quinn--looking forward to Nemesis when it arrives in the mail Saturday. I am ascending you the the ranks of my favorite authors where you'll be rubbing elbows with the likes of Stephen King, Ronald Kelly, Michael Moorcock, Umberto Eco, and Mark Helprin!

It also means I have a lot of catching up to do on your works...

Last edited by srboone; 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yes it does you bad man..Well as they say better late than never.

Comment

Loved Stage Whispers. Great first four acts in the play of Timothy Quinn--looking forward to Nemesis when it arrives in the mail Saturday. I am ascending you the the ranks of my favorite authors where you'll be rubbing elbows with the likes of Stephen King, Ronald Kelly, Michael Moorcock, Umberto Eco, and Mark Helprin!

It also means I have a lot of catching up to do on your works...

Wow, it's quite an honor to be sharing a list with those luminaries! Thank you sir, and I'm delighted you enjoyed the story so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X