Daninsky's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
    I'll also point out that they started at #1 with what is (arguably) worst and least accessible of all his novels. Most collections would probably bury I WILL FEAR NO EVIL at the back end after the travelogues and miscellaneous letters, but the Virginia Edition puts it front and center. No idea what would prompt them to do so. Not that big of a deal, I suppose. It is still a beautiful and elegant collection with good editing and some fascinating introductory notes in each volume. I'll just never understand the organization.
    I may have a theory on that. Was the set released all at once, or one book at a time? If it was one book at a time starting at the worst is not a bad idea, making it a more desirable purchase, if not to start, than by the end to complete the set. Where as they started with the best/most popular books some people would opt out after getting their favourites... That said it would only pertain to the set being sold individually, if not that theory gets thrown right out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      I may have a theory on that. Was the set released all at once, or one book at a time? If it was one book at a time starting at the worst is not a bad idea, making it a more desirable purchase, if not to start, than by the end to complete the set. Where as they started with the best/most popular books some people would opt out after getting their favourites... That said it would only pertain to the set being sold individually, if not that theory gets thrown right out the window.
      I checked the site and they sell the whole set for $1,300.00 shipping included. I didn't see an option for purchasing single titles, but I didn't look that hard. I don't remember where I picked up my singlet.

Comment

Sold only as a complete set, all published at the same time. So alas...

Comment

46 volumes, whew! Glad I found the one I really wanted lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            46 volumes, whew! Glad I found the one I really wanted lol!!
            Hah. The 'unboxing' was an adventure of epic proportions.

Comment

Continuing on, my rather modest (but beloved) collection of books from PS Publishing. As discussed in another thread, sometimes their work tends to be rather hit-or-miss in terms of production quality. There's a lot about them that I love, but their lack of consistency is not one of them. They're great people, though, and I enjoy a great deal of what they put out. And they will always have a firm place in my heart, regardless, for their beautiful treatment of the Erikson novellas and Ian Cameron Esslemont's books.

These pics feature the PS stuff as well as whatever I have on their various imprints. Thanks for continuing to look at my books!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Daninsky; 01-12-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Very nice set! Are you Erikson and Esslemont books mostly matching numbers? I've only read Esslemont's first, but it was enjoyable enough.

Comment

Very nice set! Are you Erikson and Esslemont books mostly matching numbers? I've only read Esslemont's first, but it was enjoyable enough.
                  No, no. I started buying them too late to get matches. Given my druthers, I'd probably take matched sets over unmatched, but to be honest it isn't a big issue with me. I know that it is for some people, but matching the numbers up just isn't part of my particular obsession.

Comment

Nice pics of your PS collection. I personally currently only own one book from PS (Cage of Night by Ed Gorman) but am always tempted by some of their titles. I am definitely upset that I missed out on The Ceremonies. I have been fiddling with the idea of trying to pick up the lettered edition of the new Ramsey Campbell book when it's offered. With the new year, I'm reassessing my collecting goals so everything is up in the air right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                      No, no. I started buying them too late to get matches. Given my druthers, I'd probably take matched sets over unmatched, but to be honest it isn't a big issue with me. I know that it is for some people, but matching the numbers up just isn't part of my particular obsession.
                      I'm more or less the same way. I try to match numbers when I can, I think it's a nice touch to a continuing series, but give up hope pretty quick when I can't. haha

Comment

What a beautiful collection of books. Love it. Very impressive.

Comment

Thanks once again to everyone for their recent comments. I'll keep posting photos so long as people seem to enjoy them!

Moving along the wall, here are the photos of my rather modest Easton Press collection. I don't have a huge amount of them, but I do love most of the ones I have and I think all of the books they publish generally have tremendous shelf appeal.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow is about all I can say!

Comment

I was actually curious if anyone here was in a position to recognize the two sculptures I have flanking the Tolkien books in that first EP photograph. I'll take some better photos and discuss them a bit later in the thread, but if anyone can identify them before that, it'll make my day.

Comment

Love the Tolkien and EP collection. I had no idea that they had released a Conan anthology. Very freaking jealous! Can't say I know what the statues are. They do look vaguely familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X