No announcement yet.

Rejection Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great attitude Nik. I like that story a lot.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks, man. Publishing is weird. I should also mention that I parted ways with my first agent, who repped a novel of mine that was serious "literature" when I decided to focus on genre fiction. The first story I wrote, which I wrote just for me after a long struggle of trying to please the former agent, was the one that got picked up for YBFH.
      www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Ken, cool trailer. Enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about the rejection, though. I've spoken in great depth about rejections in other writer forums, and there's no real way of dealing with them. Some days it is easy, and some days they hit you so hard it's hard to get back on your feet again. But we do, don't we? those that are here, and those that I know, are still standing because we believe in our work. Keep positive, ken. if the book is as powerful as the trailer, then I'm sure it won't be long before it's picked up. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Craig! I'm very hopeful for it, so we shall see.

Comment

I've had 43 rejections so far this year. 11 acceptances. That doesn't even include the agents or presses that I've shown Disintegration, my 2nd book, a neo-noir thriller. It's brutal out here, for sure.
            FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              Here is a fun little trailer I made for it sometime back...

You did really good with your trailer. I need to learn how to make those. Sounds like so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                I've had 43 rejections so far this year. 11 acceptances. That doesn't even include the agents or presses that I've shown Disintegration, my 2nd book, a neo-noir thriller. It's brutal out here, for sure.
                That is an incredible percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                  You did really good with your trailer. I need to learn how to make those. Sounds like so much fun.
                  Thanks! I have 20 years in the graphics industry to aid me, although a mac makes life very easy.

Comment

No wonder yours turned out so well. Are there free programs to create things like that? If so, which ones?

Comment

Hmm...I think a truncated version comes free with the mac, but ilife is only like $50 I think. They have templates they offer that you can build them from. As I get more into it, I am going to make my own templates though, more for fun than anything I guess. I just need to find the time to work on some music.

Comment

I wish I had fruityloops still. That music program is a lot of fun to create beats on. I could do something good with that. If I get it again, maybe we can trade some stuff.

Comment

Imovies is a strong program, although it crashes some. They now sell it for the iphone/itouch for like $4.99, but I am unsure of how well that works. Garageband comes with ilife, and it has a great new feature I have yet to try out where you can hook up your guitar and use built in effects. Iphoto is also key, but I think Idvd is falling out of the mix a little.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                            That is an incredible percentage.
                            Thanks. Some of those were flash and micro-fiction, and a few approached me to contribute, but so far it's been a pretty good year. I'd feel a lot better if I was getting in CD, and Weird Tales, and Shroud but when those guys pass, all I can do is keep shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                              Thanks. Some of those were flash and micro-fiction, and a few approached me to contribute, but so far it's been a pretty good year. I'd feel a lot better if I was getting in CD, and Weird Tales, and Shroud but when those guys pass, all I can do is keep shopping.
                              And keep submitting until they accept!
                              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                                And keep submitting until they accept!
                                For sure CW, for sure. My work floats around a lot, with my neo-noir anywhere from horror to fantasy to SF to crime, so I probably just need to write then a straight horror story.

Comment

Working...
                                X