Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Doctor Sleep and The Invisible Man were my latest watches. On my super informative review and scale, both were just meh for me.
    I was excited for the Invisible Man when I first heard it announced; however, I never got around to it. When I saw the commercials for it on tv, it looked like it was either a knock-off of "Hollow Man" with Kevin Bacon/Elizabeth Shue or a movie made in response to the "me too" movement which was exploding at the time. Having seen it, are either of those thoughts valid or should I just give it a go?

Comment

Doctor Sleep and The Invisible Man were my latest watches. On my super informative review and scale, both were just meh for me.
      I’m surprised. I’ve heard good things about both. Which version of Doctor Sleep did you watch, the theatrical or director’s cut? I heard the director’s cut, while not significantly different structurally, is a lot better.

Comment

I don't want to get off topic but anyone excited or not excited to get back in a theater to watch a movie?
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I was excited for the Invisible Man when I first heard it announced; however, I never got around to it. When I saw the commercials for it on tv, it looked like it was either a knock-off of "Hollow Man" with Kevin Bacon/Elizabeth Shue or a movie made in response to the "me too" movement which was exploding at the time. Having seen it, are either of those thoughts valid or should I just give it a go?
          Been so long since I've seen Hollow Man but wasn't that kind of a comedy? The Invisible Man is definitely not a comedy but I recommend everyone watch movies for themselves. I'm pretty hard on movies unless they absolutely blow my socks off. Unfortunately, most don't and I like a lot of films that others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’m surprised. I’ve heard good things about both. Which version of Doctor Sleep did you watch, the theatrical or director’s cut? I heard the director’s cut, while not significantly different structurally, is a lot better.
            The theatrical release I'm assuming since it was a RedBox rental. I loved the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              I don't want to get off topic but anyone excited or not excited to get back in a theater to watch a movie?
              I am but I don't believe they have opened back up here yet. I really want to see A Quiet Place 2.

Comment

Been so long since I've seen Hollow Man but wasn't that kind of a comedy? The Invisible Man is definitely not a comedy but I recommend everyone watch movies for themselves. I'm pretty hard on movies unless they absolutely blow my socks off. Unfortunately, most don't and I like a lot of films that others don't.
                Hollow Man was a thriller with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue. Maybe you're thinking of Memoirs Of An Invisible Man with Chevy Chase which I believe is more comedic, though I can't say for sure since I've never seen it.

Comment

The theatrical release I'm assuming since it was a RedBox rental. I loved the book.
                  I haven't read the book so I'd be going in rather blind to the movie. I need to watch this, but I've been dragging my feet over the last week or so with my movie watching.

Comment

I forgot to cancel my Shudder trial, so now I've got 30 days to kill watching Horror movies. I watched MANDY and THE HEADHUNTER.....Holy shit, what wastes of time those were. MANDY had about 30 minutes of story, if that, and it felt like a LAWRENCE OF ARABIA-length wannabe epic made by some random guy running around the woods and a quarry with a go-pro. Whacked-out and crazy, and not in a good way. THE HEADHUNTER......I won't say much, for fear of spoilers, but this was another one that was waaaay too dragged out, and it was barely 70 minutes. There are literally TWO people in this film, and one of them appears for maybe 60 seconds. After seeing the hero do the same three things over and over five times, I got it. But then they show him doing the same three things a few more times....Oy. The last 10 minutes were pretty clever, but this was not suited to be a feature film.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hollow Man was a thriller with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue. Maybe you're thinking of Memoirs Of An Invisible Man with Chevy Chase which I believe is more comedic, though I can't say for sure since I've never seen it.
                      Sounds like I really need to revisit Hollow Man then LOL.

Comment

I haven't read the book so I'd be going in rather blind to the movie. I need to watch this, but I've been dragging my feet over the last week or so with my movie watching.
                        You'll probably be ok then and the movie really isn't that far off from the book. The book just made me feel a lot more for the characters then the movie ever would have alone. Plus they wanted to tie the movie in with The Shining movie which I detest. Lots of King fans don't care for this book either but it's one of his best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                          I forgot to cancel my Shudder trial, so now I've got 30 days to kill watching Horror movies. I watched MANDY and THE HEADHUNTER.....Holy shit, what wastes of time those were. MANDY had about 30 minutes of story, if that, and it felt like a LAWRENCE OF ARABIA-length wannabe epic made by some random guy running around the woods and a quarry with a go-pro. Whacked-out and crazy, and not in a good way. THE HEADHUNTER......I won't say much, for fear of spoilers, but this was another one that was waaaay too dragged out, and it was barely 70 minutes. There are literally TWO people in this film, and one of them appears for maybe 60 seconds. After seeing the hero do the same three things over and over five times, I got it. But then they show him doing the same three things a few more times....Oy. The last 10 minutes were pretty clever, but this was not suited to be a feature film.
                          I have been enjoying the documentaries much better than the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have been enjoying the documentaries much better than the movies.
                            Yeah, the Hellraiser and Savini documentaries are on my radar, and I'm still chipping away at Creepshow....I'm amazed by how low-budget it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

Yeah, the Hellraiser and Savini documentaries are on my radar, and I'm still chipping away at Creepshow....I'm amazed by how low-budget it is.
                              The Savini one is great. Have not watched the Hellraiser one since I have never seen or read any of the series.
                              Last edited by Martin; 06-12-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Savini tonight, then. Thanks, Martin!

Comment

Working...
                                X