Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
    I got a copy of the Centipede edition of Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron for Christmas.
    No if i could find a copy of "The other" by Millipede press!
    This is a rare early-number example...later numbers had a different design:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...025979392?s=21
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      This is a rare early-number example...later numbers had a different design:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...025979392?s=21
      Very cool! Where do you live?

Comment

Very cool! Where do you live?
        In a gated community surrounded by armed men in towers and a moat filled with crocodiles.

Comment

In a gated community surrounded by armed men in towers and a moat filled with crocodiles.
          So your saying it's not impossible?

Comment

So your saying it's not impossible?
            You'll be fine. Up here in the Northwest the crocodiles are pretty lethargic. Probably because the water is too cold.

Side story. My brother in-law used to live in McMinnville Oregon down the road from the chairman of Evergreen Aviation. Evergreen Aviation was a McMinnville based CIA front company. They evacuated the Shah of Iran and lost a plan while running drugs for the CIA in Central America. The owner had lions on his property. We could hear them roar from his backyard.

Comment

SFW.jpg
              After I picked up the Fantastic Fictioneers I decided to add to my reference collection. This is a great resource and the entries are extremely detailed and informative. The selected Bibliographies are chock full of interesting suggestions. These books are older 1985, but they are full of meaningful historical information. And they’re cheap since they are X-Library books, however since they were reference books and didn’t circulate, they are in great shape. I paid $7.00 for this set including shipping. I found a couple of other interesting sets and will post them as they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                You'll be fine. Up here in the Northwest the crocodiles are pretty lethargic. Probably because the water is too cold.

Side story. My brother in-law used to live in McMinnville Oregon down the road from the chairman of Evergreen Aviation. Evergreen Aviation was a McMinnville based CIA front company. They evacuated the Shah of Iran and lost a plan while running drugs for the CIA in Central America. The owner had lions on his property. We could hear them roar from his backyard.
                Snowfall.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  After I picked up the Fantastic Fictioneers I decided to add to my reference collection. This is a great resource and the entries are extremely detailed and informative. The selected Bibliographies are chock full of interesting suggestions. These books are older 1985, but they are full of meaningful historical information. And they’re cheap since they are X-Library books, however since they were reference books and didn’t circulate, they are in great shape. I paid $7.00 for this set including shipping. I found a couple of other interesting sets and will post them as they arrive.
                  Sweet deal!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21858[/ATTACH]
                    That’s a hell of a deal, and I’m very envious. I’ve been wanting these books for as long as I can remember. I wanted them for so long, in fact, that I had kind of forgotten about them. You’ve inspired me to start searching for them again. Again, congrats, that’s a fantastic find.

Comment

That’s a hell of a deal, and I’m very envious. I’ve been wanting these books for as long as I can remember. I wanted them for so long, in fact, that I had kind of forgotten about them. You’ve inspired me to start searching for them again. Again, congrats, that’s a fantastic find.
                      Ron There's a lot more of these titles available with libraries ridiculously selling off their Reference Collections. Companies like Thriftbooks are swooping in and buying entire collections for pennies, selling them for just a few dollars and making a profit. I have picked a few great reference works supper cheap. I'm sure you'll have no problem snapping something good up.

Comment

Ron There's a lot more of these titles available with libraries ridiculously selling off their Reference Collections. Companies like Thriftbooks are swooping in and buying entire collections for pennies, selling them for just a few dollars and making a profit. I have picked a few great reference works supper cheap. I'm sure you'll have no problem snapping something good up.
                        That’s encouraging. I gave up a decade or so ago when prices for the two decades previous stayed relatively static at hundreds of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Snowfall.
                          I believe they have made a few adaptations. American Made is another.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21858[/ATTACH]
                            Have not heard of these but they sound very interesting. Nice find!

Comment

That’s encouraging. I gave up a decade or so ago when prices for the two decades previous stayed relatively static at hundreds of dollars.
                              Here's one I found Ron.
                              https://www.ebay.com/i/312483845403?...26pg%3D2386202

Comment

Wow! That's a helluva deal.

E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.

Comment

Working...
                                X