Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord on 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.
    I just got me some of these and my problem was solved!

goats2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.
      Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      I agree. I love the EGO tools. I have the mower, snowblower, leaf blower, and weed eater. They all work great and I can use the same batteries in all of them.
      Thanks, guys!

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I just got me some of these and my problem was solved!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21397[/ATTACH]
      I'd love you have a goat but, the city would probably frown upon it in city limits.

Comment

I switched over to battery as well. I went with Black & Decker and it's lasted me close to 5 years now. It will not cut down small saplings but it works fine for normal weed eating and edging. Over the years I added a drill and small chainsaw that uses the same size battery. So I have three batteries that I cycle through.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          I switched over to battery as well. I went with Black & Decker and it's lasted me close to 5 years now. It will not cut down small saplings but it works fine for normal weed eating and edging. Over the years I added a drill and small chainsaw that uses the same size battery. So I have three batteries that I cycle through.
          Thanks! Leaning towards the Ego as it has great reviews.

Comment

Adding to what Ben said. Buying stuff that's all the same brand makes a lot of sense on the battery front, as batteries and chargers aren't usually interchangeable across the different brands. It ends up being a lot less clutter / and more convenient if all your stuff uses the same batteries.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Adding to what Ben said. Buying stuff that's all the same brand makes a lot of sense on the battery front, as batteries and chargers aren't usually interchangeable across the different brands. It ends up being a lot less clutter / and more convenient if all your stuff uses the same batteries.
              I went with Dewalt for this exact reason. I'm sure that there are better weed eaters out there but I already have a handful of batteries from drills, saws, etc.

Comment

I'm still using corded equipment. A pain with extension cords sometimes, but I don't have to bother with batteries or chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  I'm still using corded equipment. A pain with extension cords sometimes, but I don't have to bother with batteries or chargers.
                  Same. I have a gas-powered mower, but everything else (edge trimmer, leaf trimmer, and blower) are corded. I had nothing but problems with my gas-powered and battery-powered trimmers, so have stuck with corded...though I've cut a couple electric cords with the leaf trimmer, which always makes for sparkly excitement. So it takes a bit more attention to make sure you keep the cord out of the way, but I find that it otherwise makes things pretty easy.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

DRP posted a link to Jeff's video in their newsletter.

Comment

He’s going to be impossible to live with now.

Comment

Wait. I thought you moved to Colorado not Chicago?

Comment

I prefer the word insufferable. And maybe I'd be a little less so if you'd not stir your coffee like you're a cement mixer!

Comment

I should be banned from technology. I had wanted to post a picture of my copy of Shirley Jacksons book from LOA in the recent purchases thread...I cannot get any of my cords to connect to my computer. They are all saying device is not recognized or just doesn't even detect the plugged in device.

Either way it's my first purchase from Library of America. It's a decent book and similar to other book club style books I've purchased before. Overall happy with purchase and I thought their packaging was pretty good. Plastic wrapped book (not bubble wrapped), in a box, which had a cardboard shim, and a few airbags. Not bad for a modest purchase.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              I should be banned from technology. I had wanted to post a picture of my copy of Shirley Jacksons book from LOA in the recent purchases thread...I cannot get any of my cords to connect to my computer. They are all saying device is not recognized or just doesn't even detect the plugged in device.

Either way it's my first purchase from Library of America. It's a decent book and similar to other book club style books I've purchased before. Overall happy with purchase and I thought their packaging was pretty good. Plastic wrapped book (not bubble wrapped), in a box, which had a cardboard shim, and a few airbags. Not bad for a modest purchase.

I bought one too. I agree with everything you said, it is a nice book for the price. One other thing I noticed is how thin the pages are. I guess that's how they were able to get 800+ pages in a book that's only about an inch thick. I am looking forward to reading this one, as I haven't read any of her stuff other than The Lottery when I was in high school.

Shirley Jackson.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                I prefer the word insufferable. And maybe I'd be a little less so if you'd not stir your coffee like you're a cement mixer!
                                It's already begun... Honestly, guys, what did we expect? Did you see the knife he uses for his unboxing videos?! There's obviously always been a little bit of a prima donna there.

Just kidding, Jeff! Really cool to get that mention from DRP in their newsletter. I always appreciate your unboxing videos so here's to more people getting to check them out!

Comment

Working...
                                X