No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement. Really appreciated. Still in a little bit of shock. I am off next week but I have to give a decision on whether I take the buy out or not by the end of April.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
      I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement. Really appreciated. Still in a little bit of shock. I am off next week but I have to give a decision on whether I take the buy out or not by the end of April.

Jim
      Sorry to hear this. It's a really tough decision. Not knowing all the details, I would probably opt for the buy out. Ive seen so many layoffs where I'm working and those people don't get options. Though I've never been in your position and I can only imagine how hard it is. I hope it all works out for you and a year down the road, you can look back on this difficult time from a place of comfort.

Comment

Never woulda thought it, but I actually found a Cemetery Dance book at the thrift shop. I bought it because I couldn’t bear to leave it there. Even though it’s a Bentley Little Book. 6AD24883-1C8A-4FBE-A2FE-A1F02EE1F016.jpg

Comment

The Book Gods will make you a Little fan one way or the other...
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Never woulda thought it, but I actually found a Cemetery Dance book at the thrift shop. I bought it because I couldn’t bear to leave it there. Even though it’s a Bentley Little Book. [ATTACH=CONFIG]21341[/ATTACH]
            This is the one that converts you!

Comment

Never woulda thought it, but I actually found a Cemetery Dance book at the thrift shop. I bought it because I couldn’t bear to leave it there. Even though it’s a Bentley Little Book. [ATTACH=CONFIG]21341[/ATTACH]
              Honestly it's not all that surprising to me. There's a handful of titles that enough of them went to book distributors / Amazon / B&N that they could show up in those types of places. Basically any of our major release Trade Hardcovers. So Bentley Little, Stephen King, and Robert McCammon.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Time to get your Little on. . Come on we all know you want to. This picture just proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say you’re never to old to learn something new, so we’ll see if I test that theory...
                  Well, wish me luck (and my wife's ears' patience) in this old dog learning new tricks -- I just pulled the trigger on a Yamaha Stratocaster w/ humbucker and five-position switch (plus amp, cable, tuner, etc.)...should be here in a couple days! My wife's leaving tomorrow for five days, so the timing to allow me to get introduced to it couldn't be better for, ahem, both of us.

YamPacifica.JPG

Comment

Well, wish me luck (and my wife's ears' patience) in this old dog learning new tricks -- I just pulled the trigger on a Yamaha Stratocaster w/ humbucker and five-position switch (plus amp, cable, tuner, etc.)...should be here in a couple days! My wife's leaving tomorrow for five days, so the timing to allow me to get introduced to it couldn't be better for, ahem, both of us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21353[/ATTACH]
                    You should be an expert by the time she returns! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      You should be an expert by the time she returns!
                      Yeah, that’s what I figure, too...I mean, how hard can it be to go from zero to Eddie Van Halen?

Comment

Yeah, that’s what I figure, too...I mean, how hard can it be to go from zero to Eddie Van Halen?
                        I'm pretty good at Rock Band

Comment

Ron let me know when you have your first concert, I'm there!!

Comment

Ron, Do you have experience with other instruments? If so that should help. Either way have fun and hope you love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21353[/ATTACH]
                            Last edited by Ben Staad; 04-03-2019, 03:28 PM.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              Ron let me know when you have your first concert, I'm there!!
                              Word around here is he has already scored his first paying gig. He will be doing a new theme song for Jeffingoff's unboxing videos. He is being paid the handsome sum of three slightly used Bentley Little books.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Word around here is he has already scored his first paying gig. He will be doing a new theme song for Jeffingoff's unboxing videos. He is being paid the handsome sum of three slightly used Bentley Little books.
                                HAHAHAHAHA LOVE THIS!

He'll get
                                THE CIRCLE (unsigned trade edition)
                                WALKING ALONE (unsigned trade edition)
                                The MAILMAN (unsigned trade edition)
                                And I'll throw in a beer cozy based on THE STORE that I got from NRB.

Comment

Working...
                                X