• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Photo:
    P1380246.jpg

Information card:
    P1380253.jpgP1380254.jpg

General thoughts on Junes box.

This is my thirteenth box and on most of them I have felt I received value from the box. The couple of times I have not received value from I did get an item that I would have purchased on the secondary market so I was still pleased. This is the first box I have received that I simply felt I got nothing of value, not even the Joe Hill shirt. Which is unfortunate as it is the first box that took two months to get to me. This view may change if I find one of these books fantastic.

A lot has been talked about regarding the issues with doing business with The Nocturnal Reader's Box and I am aware that many people have still not received the June Box and no one has receive July or August yet as they have not shipped.

I have no interest in piling onto the company more, if you are a subscriber you are aware of the situations. I also have no interest in defending the company, if you are a subscriber you are aware of how poorly the company has handled some things.

I have said before, I like the product the company puts out and hope they make a go of it. Based on how the company responds to things I have some doubts that they will succeed but I have not bailed out yet.

Comment

Martin, I hate to say it as I’ve never posted a negative comment on a member’s collection thread before, but I would agree that you received nothing of value. A cheap one-dollar water water bottle (the kind companies give out for free at promotional events and even then no one wants them)...a shirt that looks like it was drawn by a middle-schooler...and I’ve read Shelly’s work, and a pair of 7-11 sunglasses makes absolutely no sense...a couple cheap tpbs, w/ one that’s been out for years.

That’s just a sad testament to a company coming quite apparently to a sputtering end. You would’ve thought with the two-month delay, they would’ve made at least a better show of it so it wasn’t so obvious.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I have no interest in piling onto the company more, if you are a subscriber you are aware of the situations. I also have no interest in defending the company, if you are a subscriber you are aware of how poorly the company has handled some things.

I have said before, I like the product the company puts out and hope they make a go of it. Based on how the company responds to things I have some doubts that they will succeed but I have not bailed out yet.
        Well said. And I completely agree with your viewpoint on this. But I skipped September. I had to. It started to feel like insanity to let the charges pile up with no boxes in the mail. I'm owed June July and August as well as the King box. And I'm really worried that NRB won't be able to continue after all the problems that started with the King box preorder. People are jumping ship and the money he's bleeding might be too much. If I get my boxes I'll consider hopping back on. But I REALLY doubt that I'll get all of my boxes by September 15.

And it's sad, because I like Vincent. He really does have fantastic ideas for what to put in these boxes. He's shared with me exclusive DJ artwork that he wanted for UNBURY CAROL. It was pretty sweet. He's been a great guy in all my communications with him. His major flaw is that he's a hothead and lacks the emotional distance needed to separate a professional complaint from a personal attack. In recent communications, he's striking a very different tone. Hope that means he's growing into his role. Hope it's not too late for NRB.

Comment

I like the Roland/Oy print do you know where it was first published?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
            I actually do not know. Maybe Mr. Freeman will see this and remember.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
              That's a Alan M. Clark print.

We sold them along time with many others years ago. Alan prints them himself. I believe he still offers some of them on his web site.

http://ifdpublishing.com/zencart2/
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Misery by Stephen King
                Published by Suntup Editions 8/8/2018
                200 Copies, 185 numbered in Black ink and available for sale. Remaining 15 numbered in Red ink and distributed by publisher.

Well I was lucky enough to purchase one of these when the public sale went live.

Every aspect of this publication exceeds my expectations. First up I will show how Suntup packaged the item. I have never received anything packaged with this much thought or care.

P1380255.jpgP1380256.jpgP1380257.jpgP1380258.jpg

The announcement stated that the first 50 Orders would receive additional swag and a Renaker Penguin. Somehow I managed to get the extras!
                P1380259.jpgP1380261.jpg
                Yes, the Penguin was wrapped in Penguin gift wrap.

Tomorrow I will start showing the contents.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Misery by Stephen King
                  Published by Suntup Editions 8/8/2018
                  200 Copies, 185 numbered in Black ink and available for sale. Remaining 15 numbered in Red ink and distributed by publisher.

Well I was lucky enough to purchase one of these when the public sale went live.

Every aspect of this publication exceeds my expectations. First up I will show how Suntup packaged the item. I have never received anything packaged with this much thought or care.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20929[/ATTACH]

The announcement stated that the first 50 Orders would receive additional swag and a Renaker Penguin. Somehow I managed to get the extras!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20930[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20931[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, the Penguin was wrapped in Penguin gift wrap.

Tomorrow I will start showing the contents.
                  Oh Martin you are a big tease. Keep it up and you will be in the same boat as Mr. I don't like Bentley Little. ..
                  Seriously though looking forward to seeing the pictures. I have to wait for CD to get their copies before I get mine

Comment

Now for the Misery Traycase:
                    P1380270.jpgP1380272.jpgP1380287.jpgP1380288.jpgP1380289.jpgP1380273.jpg

Comment

And the Swag:
                      P1380262.jpgP1380315.jpgP1380316.jpgP1380317.jpg

Comment

The Penguin:
                        P1380290.jpgP1380294.jpgP1380293.jpgP1380264.jpgP1380265.jpg

Comment

The Book:
                          P1380274.jpgP1380275.jpgP1380276.jpgP1380277.jpgP1380278.jpgP1380280.jpg

Comment

Packing details:
                            P1380267.jpgP1380268.jpgP1380269.jpgP1380266.jpgP1380262.jpg

Comment

Details:
                              P1380295.jpgP1380296.jpgP1380297.jpgP1380298.jpgP1380299.jpgP1380300.jpg

Comment

More Details:
                                P1380301.jpgP1380301.jpgP1380303.jpgP1380304.jpgP1380305.jpgP1380306.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X