Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I'll pass. Without King's signature, I just don't see why I'd want them. I'm sure they will be the highest quality, but...

John
    Well, John, those were my sentiments as well. But then I thought - wait, I'm not buying a signature, but an amazing edition of one classic King piece-of-history.
    Of course I would have preferred a signed (by King) limited. The ones I do have are my pride and joy.
    But if I think of the beautiful (non-signed) gift editions on my shelf, From a Buick 8, Full Dark, No Stars, It, etc., there's no reason for me not to go for a gift and numbered edition.
    The lettered I decided to pass on.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      I already have the unsigned limited edition of Carrie on pre-order from PS Publishing, so there was no point in jumping on this announcement.
      But Mr. Dogz the books are OVERSIZED EDITIONS..

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        Brian, will The Stand use the text of the original release or the uncut release?
        Hope it will be the original.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          But Mr. Dogz the books are OVERSIZED EDITIONS..
          Ah.... But so is PS Publishing's Lettered Edition of Carrie.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Well, John, those were my sentiments as well. But then I thought - wait, I'm not buying a signature, but an amazing edition of one classic King piece-of-history.
            Of course I would have preferred a signed (by King) limited. The ones I do have are my pride and joy.
            But if I think of the beautiful (non-signed) gift editions on my shelf, From a Buick 8, Full Dark, No Stars, It, etc., there's no reason for me not to go for a gift and numbered edition.
            The lettered I decided to pass on.

sk
            My thoughts exactly. CD Does a super job on the gift editions. I am going to still keep my PS. Carrie that is on order. Agree that Christine and Pet Sematary are not the best quality in a limited but PS still did nice job on them.

Comment

I am going to guess its the Original Stand, I am speaking on behalf of the printers haha.

Okay done! I went for the Artist edition, a traycase will look so good.

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                Ordered the gift edition, with CDCC 10% off and $40 gift certifacate from book club its a really affordable deal.
                I thought these editions could not be bought with any certificates!

sk

Unfortunately, savings certificates, store credit, special offers, or other discounts cannot be applied to this item, and this item cannot be used to qualify for any special offer or discount or deal.
                Last edited by frik51; 04-07-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Ah.... But so is PS Publishing's Lettered Edition of Carrie.
                  Come on......
                  OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....OVERSIZED EDITIONS....OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....ALL WILL BE OVERSIZED EDITIONS....

Comment

Oversized Groundhogs!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Come on......
                      OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....OVERSIZED EDITIONS....OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....ALL WILL BE OVERSIZED EDITIONS....
                      Yeah I have no doubt that I will jump on the others with the exception of The Stand if it's the original, but I already have my eyes on PS Publishing's oversized lettered edition of Carrie, so today's book announcement is pretty much redundant for me.
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

NO MORE GROUNDHOG...
                        Originally posted by Highbury View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                          LOL!!!!
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Unfortunately, savings certificates, store credit, special offers, or other discounts cannot be applied to this item, and this item cannot be used to qualify for any special offer or discount or deal.
                            The CDCC discount doesn't apply because they're special. Regular Gift Certificates are fine. The old discounted "savings certificates" we used to sell can't be used because they were sold at such insane discounts. Sorry!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

the stephen king site won't even come up for me. I don't know how anyone can choose the PS edition over the Cemetery Dance one. It seems they are putting more into it than they did with Christine and Pet Sematery though so I guess only time will tell. Since I already paid for the PS one a month or so back, I wont worry about money that is already gone and just go with both.

Comment

Will the future editions in this 6 book set be priced the same as Carrie? I would probably jump on Night Shift and quite possibly Salem's Lot, but they are quite a lot bigger than Carrie so they might cost more?
                                Night Shift will be close to the same, depending on a factor that hasn't been settled yet! Printing of the other books will be, unfortunately, a lot more... especially The Stand. That's going to be an intense one for the printer...

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X