Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt.

Comment

I liked Rolands original DT story so I cant wait for this one!

Hope the CD slipcase gets made soon so that the book can ship!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Roland (King) admits that when he started telling stories, he wasn't very good at it (W&G), but he feels he's gotten better at it (he has).
        What are you trying to prove here, Squire??

sk

Comment

Aaaahhhh, my challenges to W&G have uncontested for too long my friend....
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

True enough Siep, we've just learned to ignore him - Squire dangles pretty, shiny lures, but we wee fishies swim on by oblivious

Comment

Overall, I was not impressed with the Dark Tower Series. I found it too cheeky in places and was not happy about Stephen putting himself in the story. I also thought tying most of his other tales into it was a cheap "plug". I did however enjoy some parts of it. It could have continued on with more "gunslinger" back story. By the time I got halfway through Song for Suzannah I was pretty much over the whole tale. And I am a true die-hard fan of Stephen's body of work. For me his tales as Bachman are for some strange reason, his finest works. That's just my opinion, Gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                It could have continued on with more "gunslinger" back story.
                Agreed. One of the reasons Wizard and Glass is my favorite - correction, is man..ehm, most people's favorite DT novel.
                (And I told myself NOT to go there again......)

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                For me his tales as Bachman are for some strange reason, his finest works. That's just my opinion, Gentlemen.
                Glad to hear you say this. I also prefer many Bachman works over King's. They're darker, more violent.

sk

Comment

I'd like to pick me up a HC copy of The Bachman books sometime. Thought I'd just throw that out there.

I'd like more gunslinger backstory as well. I still see lots of untapped potential there, maybe King will do something with it.

Comment

I am not even gonna get started on the current conversation and just say that I finally finished the talisman and it was overall a great story even though I thought there were a good 200-300 pages, including some poorly used adverbs, that could have been cut. Normally I am ok with kings lengthyness but a lot of this one seemed unnecessary. Maybe I have an issue with straub that I am currently unaware of.

Comment

Just picked up "The Tyranny of the Night" by Glen Cook. Love his "Black Company" series, so hopefully this one will be good too.

Comment

I think it's straub's part of the Talisman you're having a problem with, Teri. Can't recall which parts I though were his; but based on Black House, I think that might be the case. Which parts were written by which author are more easily discernible in BH--you'll probably find the first part of BH unreadable, Teri.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

/\ ... Have to agree with Mr Boone, the first 100 pages +/- were a struggle for me

Comment

I started the book 3 times before I made it past that point. It read like Straub wrote the first 100 pages, then passed it off to King for the next 700. It was very uneven in tone.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The talisman made me disapointed in the s/l in the grab bag being his. Hopefully I am wrong about him. Ill give him a shot if i ever get through stephen king so it'll be a while

Comment

Forgot to add what I am currently reading, my first "screamplay" which is also my first screenplay as well. Stephen kings "general" as it was first in the book and I was glad it was..something to read on my wait for TWTTK. My phone accepts TWTTK as a word now since I forced it in so many times. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X