Ghost Brothers of Darkland County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Hasn't been alot of King activity lately. lol. Wait until CD ships the Doctor SLeeps. lol
    I was thinking there was more King activity than ever! New novel just released, limited of Christine just released, along with The Shining and Pet Sematary on their way. Not to mention CD's limited edition of Doctor Sleep. Even I am feeling overwhelmed, haven't been able to get all the ones I wanted (missed out on Christine and Dr. Sleep).

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        You don't hand them out like you used to, so they are even more coveted now!
        Exactly! You're nobody until somebody HATECHU!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          I was thinking there was more King activity than ever! New novel just released, limited of Christine just released, along with The Shining and Pet Sematary on their way. Not to mention CD's limited edition of Doctor Sleep. Even I am feeling overwhelmed, haven't been able to get all the ones I wanted (missed out on Christine and Dr. Sleep).
          Theres no HATCHU's for Trade editions since I can afford those. lol. And all of the other stuff hasn't been release yet except Christine and from what I have seen it doesn't look that great. Not even sure I want it anymore.

Comment

Theres no HATCHU's for Trade editions since I can afford those. lol. And all of the other stuff hasn't been release yet except Christine and from what I have seen it doesn't look that great. Not even sure I want it anymore.

Comment

I was thinking the opposite, I love the way it looks. I also like that it's signed, even if it's not King's sig. That's part of what pushed me to get Pet Sematary.

Comment

Double post, again. Been getting these more often recently.

Comment

I was thinking the opposite, I love the way it looks. I also like that it's signed, even if it's not King's sig. That's part of what pushed me to get Pet Sematary.
                  Totally agree with you, as soon as Christine arrived I immediately ordered Pet Sematary.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Just saw the Indianapolis production. Very disappointed The Atlanta version was MUCH, MUCH better. They have completely eliminated the set and props. To me, that was 1/3 of the enjoyment. There is much more impact when the mother was pushed into a grandfather clock you can actually SEE, than one that was described 2 scenes earlier. Hope they bring back the full version if they go to Broadway with it.

Comment

Someone needs to post more pictures then because all I have seen are the cover photos which angered me that they had the "Afterwood by Richard Chizmar" and Introduction but some guy I never heard of" Plastered on the cover. No offence to Richard, we love richard

Comment

Someone needs to post more pictures then because all I have seen are the cover photos which angered me that they had the "Afterwood by Richard Chizmar" and Introduction but some guy I never heard of" Plastered on the cover. No offence to Richard, we love richard
                        The introduction is written by Michael Marshall Smith, a multi award winning novelist and screenwriter. Never heard of him? Then you're missing out on some really outstanding work. This guy has already caught the attention of Steven Spielberg, who purchased the film rights to his 1996 novel Spares.

Not sure why two names written on a dust jacket would anger you though, as they don't even obscure the artwork.

Personally, I am much more interested in the pages within a book than I am in it's dust jacket.

As for someone needing to post more pictures, there is a plethora of these floating around the forum already - so for me, the idea of posting even more is completely erroneous.
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

Didn't you say the art is unimpeded by writing underneath the dustcover anyway?

Comment

Didn't you say the art is unimpeded by writing underneath the dustcover anyway?
                            Yeah I did, and I also posted pictures to show everyone.
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Such anger. Clearly I missed your pictures somewhere along the way. Don't need to take my head off about it. I am also allowed to have my opinion on the writing on the dust jacket regardless of who wrote it. I even said no offence to Richard and would have to the other guy had I remembered his name. I just don't think I special edition needs what I feel is an advertisement printed directly on the front of the book.

Comment

Got my pre-sale tickets for the Baltimore show in November! There were a lot of good seats available when they went on sale. I got a side box for the same price as the floor. This will be my first time ever in a theater box seat. I might have to wear a tux and buy opera glasses.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X