UK Limited Edition of The Wind Through The Keyhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Sigh Same as John, the completist screamed at me until I succumbed and pulled the trigger - I feel not too guilty, it was the voices in my head that made me do it, not a voluntary action on my part (and I'll keep telling myself this until I actually believe it )
    I knew you couldn't pass it up, Grant I'm holding off on this one. I have the Grant edition on order, and I think that'll do me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      I knew you couldn't pass it up, Grant I'm holding off on this one. I have the Grant edition on order, and I think that'll do me just fine.
      I'll need to do my DMG hunting of TWTTK after the April release - it'll cost a bomb, I'm sure, but the LSOE I have is way above the 800 mark so was unable to secure a signed limited

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        I'll need to do my DMG hunting of TWTTK after the April release - it'll cost a bomb, I'm sure, but the LSOE I have is way above the 800 mark so was unable to secure a signed limited
        Same here, but I did enter the lottery, so who knows. Years ago, when the Philtrum Press The Eyes of the Dragon was released, the same thing happened and I ended up with a copy after all.
        You can of course always get one of Bett Books DT sets....TWTTK guaranteed!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Same here, but I did enter the lottery, so who knows. Years ago, when the Philtrum Press The Eyes of the Dragon was released, the same thing happened and I ended up with a copy after all.
          You can of course always get one of Bett Books DT sets....TWTTK guaranteed!

sk
          Hey Siep !!!!! Welcome back !!!! Had looked at the DT series held by Betts, but even I couldn't justify the cost on that set of puppies

Comment

A bird (don't know if I can tell the name) sent out a newsletter about a 200-copies signed limited edition of TWTTK (not facsimile) for UK. Couldn't find info anywere so I asked him and he told me that the publisher have not made a public annoucment yet...

Comment

Oops - looks like I had inside information without even knowing it
              Last edited by Grant Wootton; 02-27-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I would verify that information with King's site before investing any money. As far as I know, the only UK limiteds of Wind are the ones with a facsimile signature.

John

Comment

I'll check it with my guy in the UK when I finish work today - I've no doubt at all that the offer made is genuine, and will certainly check on the bona fides of the originating source.

Comment

It seems that Hodder & Stoughton has published a 200-copy limited with a REAL King signature of The Wind Through the Keyhole. I don't know if this edition is numbered or not. Again, this seems to be different from the 700-copy "limited" edition H&S published with a facsimile signature. I don't have a copy of this one, but I've seen one offered for £425, which is beyond my means at the current time.

John

Comment

Woo Hoo !!!! Thanks John, this is the one I picked up a copy of last month (knew my guy in the UK would come through for me - see earlier posts on this thread)

Comment

Unbelievable ! I'll get a book that John hadn't bought

Comment

Yet.

John

Comment

Still a crazy price imo, i do have the money spare for a copy but i can't justify it!

Comment

well if its a present its completely justifiable so just sent it my way. lol

Comment

One of the things that concerns me is that the 700-copy edition with the facsimile signature states that it's a facsimile ONLY on the shrinkwrap--nowhere on the book itself, at least as far as I can see. Is the edition with the "real" signature numbered, as is the other edition?

John

Comment

Working...
                                X