UK Limited Edition of The Wind Through The Keyhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Relatively rare edition overall Mr Elk, although not that expensive in relation to other SK limiteds, mainly because the production values, overall, of the UK releases aren't anywhere as lavish as their North American counterparts
    Grant, on this we're going to have to disagree. The last two "limiteds" published by Scribner (Under the Dome and 11/22/63) have been terrible--simply a blank sheet, signed by King, in the book. Nothing really special about those.

John

Comment

There is another version now too, a limited from W H Smith LINK to Ebay I love the cover to this and am going to try and pick up a few copies this weekend!

Comment

Awesome!! Tom, will you be picking them up from a known source? Or just from auctions?

Comment

I will be picking them up from W H Smith, a big UK bookstore/stationary shop, on Saturday

Comment

Pete, you know W.H. Smith, don't you. It was mentioned in Python's "Bookshop" skit.

"No, well we don't have 'Rarnaby Budge' by Charles Dikkens with two Ks, the well-known Dutch author, and perhaps to save time I should add that we don't have 'Karnaby Fudge' by Darles Chickens, or 'Farmer of Sludge' by Marles Pickens, or even 'Stickwick Stapers' by Farles Wickens with four M's and a silent Q!!!!! Why don't you try W. H. Smith's? "
            "I did. They sent me here."
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Lilja has posted an article about the various editions of Wind:

http://liljas-library.com/article.php?id=3090

Lots of UK variations!

John

Comment

Mental isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                  Grant, on this we're going to have to disagree. The last two "limiteds" published by Scribner (Under the Dome and 11/22/63) have been terrible--simply a blank sheet, signed by King, in the book. Nothing really special about those.

John
                  See what you mean John, but I guess I was referring more to what I consider to be the "real" Limited Editions (to be honest, I personally don't count the UTD and 11/22/63 amongst my own little collection as being limited editions, they're just, as you say, trades with an additional page or two stuck in them). To me, limiteds are of the Grant, CD, Philtrum, etc etc ilk where they truly are productions

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                    Pete, you know W.H. Smith, don't you. It was mentioned in Python's "Bookshop" skit.

"No, well we don't have 'Rarnaby Budge' by Charles Dikkens with two Ks, the well-known Dutch author, and perhaps to save time I should add that we don't have 'Karnaby Fudge' by Darles Chickens, or 'Farmer of Sludge' by Marles Pickens, or even 'Stickwick Stapers' by Farles Wickens with four M's and a silent Q!!!!! Why don't you try W. H. Smith's? "
                    "I did. They sent me here."

Ah! You're right!

Comment

You know you're bigtime whem MP mentions you in a skit!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                        See what you mean John, but I guess I was referring more to what I consider to be the "real" Limited Editions (to be honest, I personally don't count the UTD and 11/22/63 amongst my own little collection as being limited editions, they're just, as you say, trades with an additional page or two stuck in them). To me, limiteds are of the Grant, CD, Philtrum, etc etc ilk where they truly are productions
                        But... UTD and 11/22/63 US where limited... to US citizens with US credit card... (yeah that p****d me off big time and the only reason I'll buy something from them in the future would be if they include a one day ticket @ disneyland with SK as personal guide)

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                          But... UTD and 11/22/63 US where limited... to US citizens with US credit card... (yeah that p****d me off big time and the only reason I'll buy something from them in the future would be if they include a one day ticket @ disneyland with SK as personal guide)
                          Didn't prevent me from getting them down here (although I really like your SK / Disneyland idea - bloody brilliant !!!!)

Comment

So I'm sat at London City airport for my monthly trip to Scotland, and i'm looking at a trade paperback version of TWTTK which claims to be an 'airport exclusive' - anyone know if the exclusive tag is warranted?
                            http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

i thought I read somewhere that the paperback was due in October... Or that might have been for 11/22/63, not sure if I got the two mixed up. Sounds pretty exclusive to me as I'm sure there are no readily available paperback versions of the new DT book available.

Comment

Maybe it's a bootleg....
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X