Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Christine on fire is one of my favorite shots of all time. Outside of The Stand; Christine could very well be my favorite SK novel. While Stand By Me will always hold a special place.
    I haven't seen Christine for a while and had forgotten the power of that image until I saw it again in this magazine. It is an iconic image.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I haven't seen Christine for a while and had forgotten the power of that image until I saw it again in this magazine. It is an iconic image.
      Agreed. Show that photo to folks within a certain age group and they'll know what it is right away, King fan or no. Maybe even some younger folks as well.

Comment

Upon further review it turns out I have two duplicates out of my dinged grab bag. The one I did not have makes the purchase worth it.

The two that I already have are Revenant by Boll Pronzini and Small World by Tabitha King.
        P1370012.jpg
        P1370014.jpgP1370015.jpg

Both of these are in mint condition but are missing the signature/limitation page. As I already have the signed/limited they will go to Powell's for trade.
        Last edited by Martin; 09-24-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

The book that makes this purchase worth it was a copy of The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

I already have a copy of book one The Strain that is also missing it's signature sheet:
          P1370017.jpgP1370018.jpgP1370019.jpgP1370020.jpgP1370022.jpgP1370023.jpg

Comment

With the addition of The Fall I realized that I now have all but one book published by Lonely Road (in some form.)

The book I do not have is The Exorcist. I took a family photo but I am unsure where my copy of The Arthur Darknell Double is.

P1370004.jpg

Comment

That's a sweet collection--Lonely Road makes great stuff. I've got a couple of their books and am looking forward to another, which will be my first lettered edition from them.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Really dig those penguin bookends!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  That's a sweet collection--Lonely Road makes great stuff. I've got a couple of their books and am looking forward to another, which will be my first lettered edition from them.
                  Thanks. I am currently very puzzled about where I put the Darknell Double book.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                    Wife bought those several years ago. I actually collect penguins.

Comment

Comment

I have to laugh, we collect turkeys at our house LOL!!

Comment

That Lonely Roads collection is very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            I have to laugh, we collect turkeys at our house LOL!!
                            Cool

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                              That Lonely Roads collection is very nice!
                              One missing and two more on order as well.

Comment

I like both the penguins and the books as well. The only Lonely Roads book I have is The Exorcist (thanks, CD grab bag!), but I would like to get my hands on more. The Arthur Darknell double and The Vampyricon are high on my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X