X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff, Martin!

Comment

The second was from Cemetery Dance:

I remembered ordering the Early Reader's Grab Bag. I just did not remember that it was to include 8 books.
      The selection is nothing short of spectacular. In fact I have five of these on order as limited editions. Of the three that I do not have on order, two will be bought as soon as announced and I would have been on the fence about the other.
      P1360927.jpgP1360928.jpgP1360929.jpgP1360930.jpgP1360931.jpgP1360932.jpg

Comment

More from the Cemetery Dance Early Reader's Grab Bag:
        P1360933.jpgP1360934.jpgP1360935.jpg

Comment

Wow! Wish I'd picked that up!

Comment

Two days later I added two more books and several bookish trinkets with the September Nocturnal Reader's Box:

So September theme was 'Monster Mayhem' and they marketed it with monsters throughout. I think I set my expectations high on this one. With that said this one is the least impressive box I have received so far.
            Group Photo (Missing Water Bottle:
            P1360936.jpg

Roll on essential oil sleep aid (Not something I would use):
            P1360937.jpg

Magnetic bookmark that mixes a character from Game of Thrones with Michael Jackson's Thriller video (Does nothing for me):
            P1360938.jpg

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde pin (Cool Item)
            P1360939.jpg

Miskatonic University Water Bottle (Cool Item)
            P1360940.jpgP1360942.jpg

Comment

More from the September "Monster Mayhem" Nocturnal Reader's Box:

A Howling themed small lined notebook (Best item in the box)
              P1360943.jpg
              P1360944.jpg

Their Book Selection remains the strongest attribute of this box:

Previously released book "Greener Pastures" by Michael Wehunt.
              Honestly never heard of it but it sounds intriguing and I love short stories
              P1360945.jpg

Newly released book "The Wicked" by James Newman
              I have come close to buying this on multiple occasions over the past few months
              Thrilled to have this one.
              P1360946.jpg

Frankenstein tote bag. (Perfect item for this months theme)
              P1360948.jpg
              Last edited by Martin; 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

An art print that is Lovecraft inspired. (nice print)
                P1360947.jpg

Overall it was a cool box but I think I just had higher expectations with the monster mayhem theme.
                P1360949.jpg

I have committed to buying through October and will decide if I want to continue after that. October is the first box that will be without a theme.
                P1360950.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  The second was from Cemetery Dance:

I remembered ordering the Early Reader's Grab Bag. I just did not remember that it was to include 8 books.
                  The selection is nothing short of spectacular. In fact I have five of these on order as limited editions. Of the three that I do not have on order, two will be bought as soon as announced and I would have been on the fence about the other.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20000[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20001[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20002[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20004[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20005[/ATTACH]
                  Great bunch of books from the Early Readers bundle. Interesting that Mystery Road is number 27 of the novella series and Sour Candy is number 30. If those numbers are correct--which I assume they are-then there are still two more unannounced Novella series book in the pipeline. That's exciting because I really dig this series and wish they came out on a more regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Great bunch of books from the Early Readers bundle. Interesting that Mystery Road is number 27 of the novella series and Sour Candy is number 30. If those numbers are correct--which I assume they are-then there are still two more unannounced Novella series book in the pipeline. That's exciting because I really dig this series and wish they came out on a more regular basis.
                    I am not sure if those numbers are accurate and there are contradictions inside Sour Candy. Mystery Road states Novella Series 27 with a copyright of 2017. However Sour Candy states Novella Series 28 with a copyright of 2016. These are advance copies so who knows.

Comment

I mentioned this item elsewhere on the board. This is a magazine put out by https://mondotees.com/. The magazine is named Birth.Movies.Death and focuses, as the title suggests, on movies. This issue is the Stephen King special issue. As I have never purchased from them before I kept my expectations low.

Well I was extremely pleased with this purchase:
                      P1360986.jpgP1360987.jpgP1360988.jpgP1360989.jpgP1360990.jpgP1360991.jpg
                      Last edited by Martin; 09-21-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

More on Birth.Movies.Death:

The issue has cool articles on It (new and old), The Dark Tower, Gerald's Game and many older movies
                        P1360992.jpgP1360993.jpgP1360994.jpgP1360995.jpgP1360996.jpgP1360997.jpg

Comment

And more on Birth.Movies.Death:

I highly recommend this magazine and you get more content than the price of admission of $6.00 ($11.00 shipped). The only actual criticism I have is a magazine dedicated to Stephen King movies is simply not complete without an article on The Shawshank Redemption.

P1360998.jpgP1360999.jpgP1370001.jpgP1370002.jpgP1370003.jpg

Comment

This looks really good. And $11 isn't bad honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              This looks really good. And $11 isn't bad honestly.
                              A 90 page magazine loaded with content that interests me. I think $11.00 was a bargain.

Comment

Christine on fire is one of my favorite shots of all time. Outside of The Stand; Christine could very well be my favorite SK novel. While Stand By Me will always hold a special place.

Comment

Working...
                                X