Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Nice! I'd like to hear your thoughts upon reading it. Trying decide if I want to go limited or lettered for the Earthling release and I've heard very little about this book.
    I think that's exactly why Paul gave away some ARCs on the Earthling Facebook page. He asked us to read it over the next month or so and post a review on Facebook. I should be getting it soon. And I'll do my best to spread the review around. I'll write about it on Facebook, maybe do a goofy YouTube video, and definitely come here and be most honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I am saddened to hear you weren't impressed with Come to Dust. The description sounds good, hopefully I will like it.

Congratulations on the ARC!
      It wasn't a bad book. It actually had a very refreshing, original concept. The author did a great job of outlining the religious and political fallout of children coming back from the dead. But the main character and supporting cast just seemed one dimensional. I don't know. It was an interesting book, but not really worth another journey. I hope you connect better with it. I'm excited to read Bleed.

Comment

Very nice adds, Martin! Jealous of the Strange Weather Arc! Can't wait to dive into that one. Although, with my commute these days, I'm more into audiobooks.

Some cool things you got in the box as well. I'm a huge fan of Jaws so love that of course. The pick of the litter there is definitely SOTL.

Comment

Some cool adds there Martin. Not big on the surprise box things. Trinkets don't really interest me. Got enough random junk as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Some cool adds there Martin. Not big on the surprise box things. Trinkets don't really interest me. Got enough random junk as is.
            I love trinkets if they are something I will use, tied to a specific work of book/movie/company or cool to display in my den. I can see myself quickly have too much junk if I keep with this box though. I will decide by mid October.

Comment

That's a lot of cool stuff from your box. I really dig The Troop pin!

Comment

That's a lot of cool stuff from your box. I really dig The Troop pin!
                I have heard good stuff about that story but have not read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I have heard good stuff about that story but have not read it.
                  I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a rather quick read and well worth checking out.

Comment

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a rather quick read and well worth checking out.
                    Checked my library and they have it in book, audio and e-book. Guess I have to add it to my TBR list.

Comment

August Nocturnal Reader's Box
                      Theme: Infected & Infested

Pleased with my third Nocturnal Reader's Box (even though I did not get the bonus item, a Salems' Lot inspired postcard.)

First up is a "Captain Trips" hat inspired by The Stand:
                      P1360819.jpg
                      Pretty cool item

"The Power of Coffee Compels You" mug inspired by The Exorcist:
                      P1360821.jpg
                      Also a pretty cool item

A zombie head pin inspired by Patient zero:
                      P1360823.jpg
                      I like the touch of using the book cover as the pin backboard.

The Infected and Infested bookmark:
                      P1360825.jpgP1360826.jpg

Comment

August Nocturnal Reader's Box continued

Infected & Infested Bath Bomb by Fizzy Fairy Apothecary:
                        P1360827.jpg
                        A blood red bath bomb with a fun surprise in the middle. I am a shower guy so I will not use it and I would not expect my wife to use it out if fears it would be hard to remove the red from the tub.
                        I must admit that I like the smell of this. This next remark is sexist: It does smell rather masculine for a bath bomb. I think of bath bombs as a feminine product. I will probably leave it unwrapped in my den as I enjoy the scent.

"The Girl Who Never Killed Bugs" art print by Ally Burke:
                        P1360828.jpg
                        It is a cool print but I doubt I will display it.

The trinkets are hit and miss for me but were The Nocturnal Reader's Box holds my attention is their book Selection. This month is no exception with three books, two I already wanted (one signed) and one I had never heard of but am interested in. Yes this month they included three books.

First a book I wanted in signed paperback. "Mapping the Interior" by Stephen Graham Jones:
                        P1360829.jpg

Another I wanted but would not have bought for a while as the first book in the series currently sits in my TBR pile. "This Book is Full of Spiders" by David Wong:
                        P1360831.jpg

I have never heard of this book but am intrigued by it. "The Grip of It" by Jac Jemc:
                        P1360830.jpg

Comment

August Nocturnal Reader's Box Continued

P1360817.jpgP1360832.jpgP1360833.jpg

Bummed I did not get the Salems' Lot postcard but as it is not listed in the contents I can't be too bummed. I definitely got value from the box. And yes the Monster Mayhem preview states "August" in error as this was the August box and Monster Mayhem is Septembers box.

Comment

I also received the Signed limited of Vacation by Mathew Costello this week.

P1360836.jpgP1360837.jpgP1360838.jpgP1360839.jpg

The good news is that this one does not add to my too be read pile as I have already read it. This one will go on the shelf for a future re-read. If you have not read this book I highly recommend it!

Comment

I did get a Shining pin from the fine folks at The Nocturnal Reader's Box as well:

P1360835.jpg

Comment

Cool stuff, Martin.

Comment

Working...
                                X