Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Nice to see some contributions from Bob Jackson. Thanks for the pics! Can't wait for my copies to arrive!
    Hope yours arrives soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Hope yours arrives soon.
      I have a bit of a wait. My GE copy is remarqued and my AE copy is coming from PS. I'll just have to be patient.

I agree that Chadbourne has been doing great work for the Doubleday series. His limitation page art is a nice way to unify all the books in style too.

Comment

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Like others, I am waiting for my Remarqued AE. Your pictures only got me more excited for my copy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! Like others, I am waiting for my Remarqued AE. Your pictures only got me more excited for my copy!
          They are worth the wait.

Comment

Since we are half way home on the Doubleday set I thought I would show how they are looking on the shelf so far:

P1360598.jpg

Comment

Even without a King signature, the DD Years is my favorite set of limiteds.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                Even without a King signature, the DD Years is my favorite set of limiteds.
                A certainly am unable to disagree with you.

Comment

Had two packages on my doorstep when I got home today and was so I had to share.

Both are Joe Hill related.

First up is the ARC for Strange Weather:
                  P1360789.jpgP1360790.jpgP1360790.jpg

Possible bad news for me is that it states that the release will be promoted with a 5 city Author including Boston, Maine and New York. It is looking less likely that he will make it out to Portland this time around.

Glad my current read is short essays, easier to set it aside and read this!

Comment

The other package was the Locke & Key pins from Skelton Crew studios:
                    P1360793.jpgP1360794.jpgP1360795.jpgP1360796.jpg

And the family photo:
                    P1360791.jpg

Love the detail in these!

Comment

I also purchased a Stephen King related T-Shirt that I found online. I love the design but the cotton is not soft enough for my tastes:

P1360810.jpg

Part of the problem with the shirt pictured above is that I got it around the same time I got the Gwendy's shirt from the fine folks at CD and the quality of this baby is superb:
                      P1360811.jpgP1360812.jpgP1360813.jpg

This shirt is very soft and comfortable!

Comment

The last thing I will get to today is my July Nocturnal Reader's Box.

Not overwhelmed with this one. The books sound good and a couple of nice trinkets and some less impressive trinkets.
                        I judge my purchases on perceived value. In my first box I got a good perceived value. I think I did on this one as well but it is right on the bubble.

I will start with the art. I like the print but it is not related to a specific book and I am not sure if I will display it:
                        P1360798.jpg

The best item in the box was the Silence of the Lambs mini stemless wine glass:
                        P1360800.jpg
                        Got to admit I love this item!

The Jaws keychain/bottle opener is cool:
                        P1360801.jpg

The pin from The Troop is just OK (might like it better if I new the source material so that one is on me)
                        P1360802.jpg

Like the bookmark but I do not give a lot of points for a paper bookmark (even if I did get two)
                        P1360803.jpg

The NOS4A2 bike license is cool but a little on the corny side:
                        P1360807.jpg

Comment

More from the July Nocturnal Reader's box:

The books sound interesting but I am not familiar with the authors:
                          P1360804.jpgP1360805.jpg

My least favorite item is the Apron, very cheaply made and would last about a weekend of actual use:
                          P1360806.jpg

Family photo (Incomplete)
                          P1360797.jpg

P1360808.jpg

P1360809.jpg

I have decided to give the subscription through October. They will continue with themes for August (Infested and Infected) and September (Monsters) and then they are going without themes. I will decide whether to keep it based on how they do without the constraint of a theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have decided to give the subscription through October. They will continue with themes for August (Infested and Infected) and September (Monsters) and then they are going without themes. I will decide whether to keep it based on how they do without the constraint of a theme.
                            I feel about the same. I'm really looking forward to this month's box. I know one item in it is something I'll get a lot of use out of and they are delivering three books this time 'round.

I read Come to Dust and wasn't impressed. I was able to finish it (unlike Haven) but it wasn't anything I'd ever want to read again. I've got a few Centipede Press editions to read before I jump into Bleed.

I was also lucky enough to score an ARC of GOBLIN from Earthling, so I'll be reading that as soon as it shows up on my stoop!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I was also lucky enough to score an ARC of GOBLIN from Earthling, so I'll be reading that as soon as it shows up on my stoop!
                              Nice! I'd like to hear your thoughts upon reading it. Trying decide if I want to go limited or lettered for the Earthling release and I've heard very little about this book.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                I feel about the same. I'm really looking forward to this month's box. I know one item in it is something I'll get a lot of use out of and they are delivering three books this time 'round.

I read Come to Dust and wasn't impressed. I was able to finish it (unlike Haven) but it wasn't anything I'd ever want to read again. I've got a few Centipede Press editions to read before I jump into Bleed.

I am saddened to hear you weren't impressed with Come to Dust. The description sounds good, hopefully I will like it.

Congratulations on the ARC!

Comment

Working...
                                X