Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1820

Thread: Martin's Collection

  1. #1721
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    13
    That is a beautiful book and I loved the shots you took. I couldn't help noticing that you came in there with a buzzer-beater on release day (if the number 184 indicates that you were second to last in securing a copy!).

    I'm happily jealous! You've always been a thoughtful and kind guy in this forum and if I had to lose to anyone I'm so glad it was you!

    That is a gorgeous edition and I think it would be considered lettered-quality by many other publisher's standards.

    I'll say that going forward it's only going to be Suntup and Cemetery Dance for me.

  2. #1722
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That is a beautiful book and I loved the shots you took. I couldn't help noticing that you came in there with a buzzer-beater on release day (if the number 184 indicates that you were second to last in securing a copy!).

    I'm happily jealous! You've always been a thoughtful and kind guy in this forum and if I had to lose to anyone I'm so glad it was you!

    That is a gorgeous edition and I think it would be considered lettered-quality by many other publisher's standards.

    I'll say that going forward it's only going to be Suntup and Cemetery Dance for me.
    Thank you for the kind words. Sorry you were unable to Obtain the limited but I look forward to seeing your Artist when it arrives. I wouldn't put too much into the number as I also received the swag and it was supposed to go to the first 50 orders. That in of itself is puzzling to me as I assume more than 50 people took advantage of the pre buy that they were offered for owning the Eye's of the Dragon portfolio. There is even someone here who ordered based on that and did not receive the swag. I do not get it but I am happy to have what I have.

  3. #1723
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    9
    I was robbed!

  4. #1724
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was robbed!
    I am not sure what happened but I hope you get the swag!

  5. #1725
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. Sorry you were unable to Obtain the limited but I look forward to seeing your Artist when it arrives. I wouldn't put too much into the number as I also received the swag and it was supposed to go to the first 50 orders. That in of itself is puzzling to me as I assume more than 50 people took advantage of the pre buy that they were offered for owning the Eye's of the Dragon portfolio. There is even someone here who ordered based on that and did not receive the swag. I do not get it but I am happy to have what I have.
    My understanding is that lifetime subscribers got the swag on auto. Then the first 25 in the pre-sale. And the first 25 in the general public window. At least that's how it was for Hill House and I scored the planchette for that numbered. Hey, maybe I'll get number 184 in the non-King track and we can call ourselves Yin-Yang the Suntup gang!

    Consider it!

  6. #1726
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    My understanding is that lifetime subscribers got the swag on auto. Then the first 25 in the pre-sale. And the first 25 in the general public window. At least that's how it was for Hill House and I scored the planchette for that numbered. Hey, maybe I'll get number 184 in the non-King track and we can call ourselves Yin-Yang the Suntup gang!

    Consider it!
    I had not heard the 25/25 thing. That actually makes more sense.

  7. #1727
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,842
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Wow, my memory is really shot. I do not recall CD getting copies of this edition. Did they only get the Artist Gift Edition or were they able to offer a few Limited Editions?
    Only the Artist Edition. It was offered to cdcc and then was gone really quick. The one time I took an early lunch and got lucky. That is a beautiful book . Congratulations.

  8. #1728
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Only the Artist Edition. It was offered to cdcc and then was gone really quick. The one time I took an early lunch and got lucky. That is a beautiful book . Congratulations.
    Thanks, Glad you were able to grab one.

  9. #1729
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks, Glad you were able to grab one.
    That really is a beautiful edition. Now I regret not getting an AE. I don't remember how many times I went to the site and had it ready to check out and talked myself out of it. Misery was the first King book I bought in HC when it was published. I pre-ordered it at the local Waldenbooks when I was 14 and was so excited to get it.

    doh.jpg
    Last edited by subie09lega; 08-20-2018 at 02:07 PM.

  10. #1730
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    That really is a beautiful edition. Now I regret not getting an AE. I don't remember how many times I went to the site and had it ready to check out and talked myself out of it. Misery was the first King book I bought in HC when it was published. I pre-ordered it at the local Waldenbooks when I was 14 and was so excited to get it.

    doh.jpg
    It was the first King Hardbound book I bought.

  11. #1731
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    I am way behind on posts but had the time to snap a few photos of some recent additions.

    I will start with the Horns ARC from Suntup. I was able to win this on the post card drawing Paul, not sure how I beat out Jeffingoff with the roll he has been on but I am happy to add this to my collection:
    P1380362.jpgP1380363.jpgP1380364.jpgP1380365.jpgP1380366.jpg

  12. #1732
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Horns also contains a new introduction from Mr. Hill and two limitation statements. The second appears to be the one Paul went with.
    P1380369.jpgP1380368.jpg

  13. #1733
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Received this gem from a trade here and man it is a beauty.

    Edward Lee's Trolley No. 1852:
    P1380370.jpgP1380371.jpgP1380373.jpgP1380374.jpgP1380375.jpgP1380376.jpg

  14. #1734
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Lonely Road Books "William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection"

    Trust me when I say the photo's do not do this edition justice:
    P1380377.jpgP1380378.jpgP1380379.jpgP1380380.jpgP1380381.jpgP1380382.jpg

  15. #1735
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    More from "William Peter Blatty’s Lost Screenplay Collection"
    P1380383.jpgP1380384.jpgP1380385.jpgP1380386.jpgP1380387.jpgP1380388.jpg

  16. #1736
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Another Lonely Road Books edition, Gwendy's Button Box by Richard Chizmar and Stephen King:
    P1380389.jpgP1380390.jpgP1380391.jpgP1380394.jpgP1380395.jpg

  17. #1737
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    A few more of Gwendy:
    P1380396.jpgP1380397.jpgP1380398.jpg

  18. #1738
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,748
    Rep Power
    24
    Here is a recent ARC grab bag from Cemetery Dance:
    P1380399.jpgP1380400.jpgP1380401.jpgP1380402.jpgP1380403.jpgP1380404.jpg

  19. #1739
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,842
    Rep Power
    63
    Very nice adds. I'm reads This Dark Chest of Wonders now. 61 pages in and kind of on the fence with it.

  20. #1740
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,519
    Rep Power
    51
    Very nice stuff, Martin! Trolley No. 1852 looks exceptionally cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •