Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Nice, Martin! I especially like that John R. Little book. Well done.
    Thanks. If you haven't started collecting Mr. Minnion's Chap Books yet you are missing some great items!

Comment

At first glance, I thought I wrote this because you pretty much described me.

I finished my first complete re-read of The Sandman last year (especially since that dang prequel was finished - in hindsight I should have just skipped it.) 100 Bullets is on my re-read (and complete since I never did finish it when it was originally being published.) I should also add Powers to that but I don't have those, along with Queen & Country.

New comics - I've tried finding something new and have struggled. The new Punisher was supposed to be good - pass. Black Panther I just couldn't get it. The new Batman I picked up being Tom King was intriguing, but the story didn't do anything for me. I did grab the first half dozen issues or so of the new Wonder Woman because I love everything about Greg Rucka (except his choice of soccer teams.) There are a few other new series I've tried but haven't found anything worth sticking with.

Speaking of Tom King though, I picked up his two collections from his run on Vision and I'm loving the first one. It's making me a bit uncomfortable though, but I am interested to see where this is going.

Sorry to hijack the thread (I did that on the Spirits on too . . .)

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Great additions! I never picked up Locke and Key. I've heard that it's great, but I've been eschewing comics for the last five years or so. I was a HUGE comic book collector for years, but a lot of stuff that Marvel and DC starting doing left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been feeling an itch to catch up on some stuff lately though, like FINALLY finishing Sandman and 100 Bullets along with checking out some of the horror Archie books.

I agree about the White Noise chaps. They are always fantastic productions. I have to pick up the last two, but hoping to rectify that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        At first glance, I thought I wrote this because you pretty much described me.

I finished my first complete re-read of The Sandman last year (especially since that dang prequel was finished - in hindsight I should have just skipped it.) 100 Bullets is on my re-read (and complete since I never did finish it when it was originally being published.) I should also add Powers to that but I don't have those, along with Queen & Country.

New comics - I've tried finding something new and have struggled. The new Punisher was supposed to be good - pass. Black Panther I just couldn't get it. The new Batman I picked up being Tom King was intriguing, but the story didn't do anything for me. I did grab the first half dozen issues or so of the new Wonder Woman because I love everything about Greg Rucka (except his choice of soccer teams.) There are a few other new series I've tried but haven't found anything worth sticking with.

Speaking of Tom King though, I picked up his two collections from his run on Vision and I'm loving the first one. It's making me a bit uncomfortable though, but I am interested to see where this is going.

Sorry to hijack the thread (I did that on the Spirits on too . . .)
        Not hijacking at all. You are bringing additional views to the table. I learn from peoples views on stories, thanks!

Comment

Enigma Key from Skelton Crew Studios:

P1350797.jpg

Skelton Crew kindly included the Enigma Key for giving Bode a new home.

Comment

Joyland Illustrated Edition:

The HardCase Crime illustrated edition of Joyland by Stephen (With a Cemetery Dance Slipcase)
            P1350784.jpgP1350785.jpgP1350786.jpgP1350787.jpgP1350789.jpgP1350790.jpg

This one adds to my signed limited and Paperback editions.

Comment

Haven by Tom Deady

P1350791.jpgP1350792.jpg

This one will be my first new author read for 2017. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly:
                P1350793.jpgP1350795.jpgP1350796.jpg

It is a PC copy of the Lettered edition. I was able to add this one to my collection from Tommy right here on the board. Loved the story when it first came out but adding a lettered copy was an offer I could not refuse. Now the question is to I sell off my limited or keep both. My logical self says sell the limited but the rest of me says 'it's a great read you must keep all copies!'. The second me usually wins.

Comment

^That's the problem with multiple personalities!

Nice adds Martin. Dig the slipcase for Joyland!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    ^That's the problem with multiple personalities!

Nice adds Martin. Dig the slipcase for Joyland!
                    Thanks, realized this morning that I should have ordered an additional slipcase for my signed edition. Hopefully they will have a few extras.

Comment

Darkness Whispers by Richard Chizmar and Brian James Freeman from Scarlett Galleon:

P1350806.jpgP1350807.jpgP1350808.jpg

Scarlett Galleon is new and if this book is any indication I will be buying more from them. Beautiful book and authors whom I like everything I read from them.

Comment

The Fireman by Joe Hill (PS Publishing Signed Limited)
                        P1350800.jpgP1350798.jpgP1350799.jpgP1350801.jpg

Only snapping a few interior art photos but the art is very nice and fits with the story very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          The Fireman by Joe Hill (PS Publishing Signed Limited)

Only snapping a few interior art photos but the art is very nice and fits with the story very well.
                          That looks great! Did you order it directly from PS? I pre-ordered it last year but have not yet gotten a shipping notice from them. Either way, it really looks fantastic. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Interior photos:
                            P1350802.jpgP1350802.jpgP1350804.jpgP1350805.jpg

This should complete my The Fireman set (until Skelton Crew puts out a flaming phoenix or something) so I will try to get a family photo up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                              That looks great! Did you order it directly from PS? I pre-ordered it last year but have not yet gotten a shipping notice from them. Either way, it really looks fantastic. Thanks for posting!
                              Ordered directly from PS. Unfortunately they do not send shipping notices and delivery times vary greatly on shipment coming from them, I assume the variance comes from how busy the customs center they enter through. If you do not have yours soon drop them a note and Nikki will look into it for you (I have had to do that a couple of times)

Comment

Nice adds, Martin! Do you collection all the Skelton Keys as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X