Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Nice grab! Relatively low print on that one for a modern SK book.
    I have heard varying numbers on the print run and I believe they are still available so I am not sure what the true run size is. Of course the ones available now may be later printings, I have no idea. I am happy to have it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
      Very cool and a worthy addition to any room full of books, no doubt! Thanks for sharing Bode.
      Happy to share him and happy to have him protecting my books!

Comment

Very nice! I still need to tackle that series one of these days.
        Locke & Key is a fantastic read. They are working on a TV series so you should get to it before the show airs. Just my opinion.

Comment

Man that Schrodinger's Clock looks outstanding! The White Noise Press chapbooks really are exceptional.

I probably will get to Locke & Key sooner rather than later. I do have the first graphic novel already. But thanks for the heads up!

Very nice additions overall Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Richard Chizmar's 'A Long December'.

I am about half way through this one and can't recommend it enough. I have already read a few stories that will stick with me for a while After the Bombs, The Silence of Sorrow, The Lake is Life and Midnight Promises are all stories that left me thinking about them long after I finished them.
            Man, just wait til you finish that title story. I finished the book the week it was published and that last tale still lingers. And lingers...

Comment

Man that Schrodinger's Clock looks outstanding! The White Noise Press chapbooks really are exceptional.

I probably will get to Locke & Key sooner rather than later. I do have the first graphic novel already. But thanks for the heads up!

Very nice additions overall Martin!
              First off, nice adds, Martin! I'm a Locke & Key junkie as well and I'm proud to see that you're into all the variants too! Agree that the last story was a bit of a let down but totally agree, Dan that you've got to read the series! I think you'll love it! I checked it out from my local library and have seen been tracking down pretty much every comic 1st/1st variant available since!

I debated on getting a "Bode"; now I wish I would have gone ahead and order it . A great piece. Might have to chase one down via the aftermarket.

Are you also going to grab the San Diego Comic Art Gallery Exclusive cover, Martin for Small World?

Edit: Can't say enough about the White Noise chaps. The best bang for your buck every quarter.
              Last edited by Brian861; 01-12-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Super adds. I love the Locke and Key series. I read the first three volumes an never got back to it. All six hardcover books are on my bookshelf. Might have to reread the first three and Read the last three soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Super adds. I love the Locke and Key series. I read the first three volumes an never got back to it. All six hardcover books are on my bookshelf. Might have to reread the first three and Read the last three soon.
                  I read 'em all in one sitting LOL.

Comment

Great additions! I never picked up Locke and Key. I've heard that it's great, but I've been eschewing comics for the last five years or so. I was a HUGE comic book collector for years, but a lot of stuff that Marvel and DC starting doing left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been feeling an itch to catch up on some stuff lately though, like FINALLY finishing Sandman and 100 Bullets along with checking out some of the horror Archie books.

I agree about the White Noise chaps. They are always fantastic productions. I have to pick up the last two, but hoping to rectify that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Great additions! I never picked up Locke and Key. I've heard that it's great, but I've been eschewing comics for the last five years or so. I was a HUGE comic book collector for years, but a lot of stuff that Marvel and DC starting doing left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been feeling an itch to catch up on some stuff lately though, like FINALLY finishing Sandman and 100 Bullets along with checking out some of the horror Archie books.

I agree about the White Noise chaps. They are always fantastic productions. I have to pick up the last two, but hoping to rectify that soon.
                      Not at all a comic guy myself; just collecting/reading Joe Hill's. Can't wait for his graphic novel collection to come out next month so I can read those. I can't bring myself to remove the individual copies from the bags

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                        Man, just wait til you finish that title story. I finished the book the week it was published and that last tale still lingers. And lingers...
                        That seams to be the nature of these stories! Great wintertime read.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          First off, nice adds, Martin! I'm a Locke & Key junkie as well and I'm proud to see that you're into all the variants too! Agree that the last story was a bit of a let down but totally agree, Dan that you've got to read the series! I think you'll love it! I checked it out from my local library and have seen been tracking down pretty much every comic 1st/1st variant available since!

I debated on getting a "Bode"; now I wish I would have gone ahead and order it . A great piece. Might have to chase one down via the aftermarket.

Are you also going to grab the San Diego Comic Art Gallery Exclusive cover, Martin for Small World?

Edit: Can't say enough about the White Noise chaps. The best bang for your buck every quarter.
                          I will probably grab it but if the price is too much I will pass. I am not obsessive about it but would like to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I was never a comic book guy. A grabbed a few of the Dark Tower comics when they started and could not get into them. Locke & Key is the only comic I have ever gotten into. It does show me that I am clearly missing some great stories but I have yet to venture out to more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Not at all a comic guy myself; just collecting/reading Joe Hill's. Can't wait for his graphic novel collection to come out next month so I can read those. I can't bring myself to remove the individual copies from the bags
                              I am the opposite, I read the individual volumes and put the collections on the shelf.

I have read all the stories to be included in the collection but will probably buy it anyways.

Comment

Nice, Martin! I especially like that John R. Little book. Well done.
                                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X