Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1856

Thread: Martin's Collection

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Hey Martin, thanks to your posts, I tried out the NRB. I really dig it! I dropped another subscription I had and decided to move forward with this one. Thanks!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Two real strong book selections this month:
    Previous release The Fury by John Farris
    Attachment 20539Attachment 20540
    A classic story I have never read. Happy to add this to my collection, and I got a signed copy!

New release, The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch
    Attachment 20541Attachment 20542
    I know nothing about the book or author but it sounds very intriguing

Attachment 20543Attachment 20544

Now the bad:
    For the third straight month I did not receive my box until after the next renewal payment processed. That is after upgrading to priority shipping. The Nocturnal Reader's Box shipped on the 8th but the USPS says the received the item on the 13th. Something clearly went sideways and hopefully it will not be a systemic problem.

This months print is a low resolution. This was identified by The Nocturnal Reader's Box prior to my receiving it and is being resolved at this time.

The T-Shirt came as the wrong size. I checked my account and prior shirts and they are the correct size. I have sent an email to resolve this.

Conclusion:
    I really like The Nocturnal Reader's Box and am hoping they work out the kinks.

SCORE on the two signed copies! That's pretty awesome. Bummer on the shipping snag. I hate those little bumps in the subscription, but I'm so excited for the stuff on the horizon that I couldn't really imagine quitting now. It would be like selling stock and then watching that stock skyrocket a week later.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    Hey Martin, thanks to your posts, I tried out the NRB. I really dig it! I dropped another subscription I had and decided to move forward with this one. Thanks!
    Glad you are enjoying it. They have done a great job in both book and trinket selection for my taste.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    SCORE on the two signed copies! That's pretty awesome. Bummer on the shipping snag. I hate those little bumps in the subscription, but I'm so excited for the stuff on the horizon that I couldn't really imagine quitting now. It would be like selling stock and then watching that stock skyrocket a week later.
    Although I do not have your inside information I am not thinking about cancelling at this time. I may drop the priority shipping if it turns out that it does not improve the transit time as it should. I also would prefer to have the month's box in hand before the following month is charged. If that is the new norm I may choose to drop out. The prospect of things to come would probably not keep me subscribed if I chose to no longer participate. I can't imagine spending over $40 each month in order to get an item or two I want.

Received a very prompt response from The Nocturnal Reader's Box that they will send me the correct sized shirt. Very good customer service!
    Received my replacement shirt today. Quick response and follow through!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    You can add me as another subscriber do to you. I just ordered a 3 month subscription to NRB. Hopefully will be cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by saginawhorror View Post
    You can add me as another subscriber do to you. I just ordered a 3 month subscription to NRB. Hopefully will be cool stuff.
    Hope you enjoy it!

I managed to order two copies of Shining in the Dark. Ron Clinton offered to trade a book for my extra copy. With that offer I managed a snag a book I have almost ordered on multiple occasions.

I now own Goblin by Josh Malerman.
    P1370602.jpgP1370605.jpgP1370606.jpgP1370607.jpgP1370610.jpgP1370611.jpg
    The book is gorgeous, my only complaint would be that I do not care for the bright white paper.
    I have read Bird Box my Malerman and enjoyed it. There have been mixed reviews on this board about Malerman's work, I will see how I like this one.

I now own Goblin by Josh Malerman.

The book is gorgeous, my only complaint would be that I do not care for the bright white paper.
    I have read Bird Box my Malerman and enjoyed it. There have been mixed reviews on this board about Malerman's work, I will see how I like this one.
    It just got real! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I completely agree about the paper selection. Paul seems to favor that bright white stock and I think it's too cold.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Yeah, I just couldn’t feel the love for GOBLIN that you did, Jeff, so thought I’d give it another shot at love in Martin’s arms.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Yeah, I just couldn’t feel the love for GOBLIN that you did, Jeff, so thought I’d give it another shot at love in Martin’s arms.
    That's the best move. If I could find someone who was looking for a signed first edition of HAVEN, I'd do the same thing. I cannot love this book and books was meant to be loved.

So once I can get to reading it I guess I will break the tie on this one.

Received my Biblio Key and Hardbound Road Rage today:
    P1370714.jpg

I can't recall who all signed the Biblio Key but the book is signed by Joe Hill and Stephen King!
    P1370715.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Nice. Congratulations .

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Very nice Martin!!

Thank you gentlemen!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Hell of a score there sir!

CONGRATS! Sweet score!

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Hell of a score there sir!
    Thank you. I see someone already has theirs up on eBay. Mine is safely in a bookcase.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    CONGRATS! Sweet score!
    Thank you sir. Thirteenth King Signature in my home with three more expected in the next year!