No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that Pan's book looks nice. How would you describe the quality of the binding/paper?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
      Damn that Pan's book looks nice. How would you describe the quality of the binding/paper?
      The paper is nice and does the book justice. The binding concerns me. I may be wrong but it feels like it may not hold up with reading. It is probably good binding for a paperback but the fact that is a paperback and has a heavier paper makes me worry about how it will hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        the fact that is a paperback and has a heavier paper makes me worry about how it will hold up.
        That's rarely a good combination. That said, though, Jerad @ Centipede seems to me to take great care with his productions, so it would not at all surprise me if his book bucks the trend.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

A few items's I had signed at Joe Hill's appearance and Powell's Books:

He had a sing along where three lucky people got to go up and be in the Kazoochestra. Alas, no Kazoo for me but I did get my song sheet signed.
          P1340945.jpg

Also had my Fireman preview signed. Unfortunately I will not have my ARC until later this week so it will not be signed in this go round.
          P1340946.jpg

My paperback of NOS4A2:
          P1340947.jpgP1340948.jpg

Comment

Joe was kind enough to sign a couple of DVD's he had some involvement in:
            P1340956.jpgP1340957.jpg

I was the last person on his last day of signing for the US book tour (13 straight days). He said he had also signed 1,500 sheets for PS, 1,500 bookplates for CD and 2,500 sheets for the publisher. As a result he was forgetting some letters in his name. As witnessed on the Creepshow DVD.

Comment

Here are my current three copies (so far)
              1: Publishers Signed Tip in sheet (upside down) with Hardcover ISBN
              2: Signed 1st/1st from Powell's appearance
              3: Publishers Signed Tip in sheet with Books-A-Million ISBN

P1340952.jpgP1340950.jpgP1340951.jpgP1340953.jpg

He was also kind enough to sign a couple of oddball items I had:
              !: My CDCC Bag P1340954.jpg

2: My NOS4A2 Mug P1340955.jpg

Comment

Awesome stuff, Martin! Love the mug and signed Horns DVD, very cool!
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  Awesome stuff, Martin! Love the mug and signed Horns DVD, very cool!
                  Thanks, I am a bit slow sometimes but I think he signed Creepshow JHK (Joe Hillstrom King.)

Comment

I think you're right, that's actually even cooler! I've heard stories of how tough signing tours are, especially since many authors tend to be the quiet, solitary types. I guess they take a toll even on the young, hungry ones. But good for him. I bet he's glad when he gets home and sinks into that favorite chair.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very nice, Martin! I think it's awesome that Joe is so up close and personal with his fans. I hope to meet him some day myself.

Comment

I am way behind on updating this thread and hope to have some catch-up time this winter but I had to show this baby off.

The Babadook book:
                        The DVD is beside it to show its size.
                        P1350532.jpg

Comment

There are so many impressive elements to this book I could have taken a picture of every page to show you but I settled on just a few. One note of interest for me is that the book as no copy-write information, no author, no publisher, no bar-code or any other marker. It is just the story. The art on each page is actually done on separate paper and glued to the page, this adds a texture to the page that is very nice. It is housed in a plain black box with a tri-fold front.

P1350531.jpgP1350533.jpgP1350534.jpgP1350535.jpgP1350536.jpgP1350537.jpg

Comment

I LOVE that Babadook book! I wish I had gottten one. Such a cool addition to your collection. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That's really cool, Martin! Congrats!

Comment

Pretty neat. I really enjoyed that film, a very smart, eerie flick.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X