No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Martin! The way that Cozzy is written on that Cozzy's Question reminds me of how Ozzy Osbourne would stylize his name in the 80's with the two Z's having slashes through them.

Comment

Nice additions Martin. I was very pleased with the cdcc swag as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        Very nice Martin! The way that Cozzy is written on that Cozzy's Question reminds me of how Ozzy Osbourne would stylize his name in the 80's with the two Z's having slashes through them.
        Thanks. Now I can't get Mr. Crowley out of my head!

Comment

Recently went to see Stewart O'Nan at Powell's books. He read from his new book and answered some questions. One of the things I asked was if he would be doing any more work with Lonely Road or Cemetery Dance. He mentioned a project in the works and said he felt he would always be willing to work with Rich and Brian. He specifically pointed out that Rich was willing to publish 'A Night at the Red Lobster', even though it is not a typical Cemetery Dance book, when it looked like he would have trouble getting it published. He also gave a number about how much Books to Benefit gave to charity from the edition of Faithful.

The new book is 'City of Secrets'.Read the first chapter while waiting for Mr. O'nan and think it will be another winner.
          P1340801.jpgP1340803.jpg

Also got my edition of 'The Night Country' Signed:
          P1340804.jpgP1340805.jpg

Comment

Centipede Press recently released 'The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth - Studies in the Horror Film' and had it on sale so I wnet for it:

P1340787.jpgP1340788.jpgP1340789.jpgP1340791.jpgP1340792.jpgP1340793.jpg

Comment

They also had 'The Shining :Studies in the Horror Film' scratch and dent copies available so I added it. It has a dinged corner but is a good reading copy:
              P1340795.jpgP1340796.jpgP1340797.jpgP1340798.jpgP1340799.jpgP1340800.jpg

Comment

I really like Stewart O'Nan...congrats on the signed items.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I really like Stewart O'Nan...congrats on the signed items.
                  Thanks. I really enjoyed meeting him.

Comment

Nice adds, Martin. Congrats!

Comment

Amazing stuff as always Martin!

Comment

Thanks guys. Just under three weeks until Joe Hill is at Powell's. About half way through The Fireman and am loving.

Comment

Very cool. Really like that Pan's Labyrinth, thanks for the pics!
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            Very cool. Really like that Pan's Labyrinth, thanks for the pics!
                            I am happy to have that one. I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for a paperback but with the sale of $25 I went for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Thanks. I really enjoyed meeting him.
                              Looks I screwed up; looking at his schedule, he was also here in Seattle, and I missed him. Did that last night, too, and vowed not to let that happen again. Darn it.

Maybe I'll "see" you in Portland for Hill's signing; looking like I'll probably make it down there, after all.

Edit: "...last time [he came through Seattle]" not "last night."
                              Last edited by RonClinton; 05-10-2016, 03:25 AM.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Looks I screwed up; looking at his schedule, he was also here in Seattle, and I missed him. Did that last night, too, and vowed not to let that happen again. Darn it.

Maybe I'll "see" you in Portland for Hill's signing; looking like I'll probably make it down there, after all.
                                Sorry you missed meeting Mr. O'nan. I will definitely be at the Joe Hill event.

Comment

Working...
                                X