Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Personally I never really considered them to be a set. I like Survival Guide a lot, but personally I don't really think it has much to do with World War Z, other than the author. That said I'm sure that the contract with the original publishers of the trade versions of the books had an awful lot to do with both the size and price of these two editions.
    I hadn't realized some of the contracts would have size constraints. I do agree it would have been cool to have both Brooks books the same size. To be honest though, I received Survival Guide first, and was impressed overall. So I was surprised when WWZ arrived and it was oversized. Needless to say, I had no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      I hadn't realized some of the contracts would have size constraints. I do agree it would have been cool to have both Brooks books the same size. To be honest though, I received Survival Guide first, and was impressed overall. So I was surprised when WWZ arrived and it was oversized. Needless to say, I had no complaints.
      I'm not saying it did, I've never actually seen the contract. I do know that sometimes contracts have weird things in them though, such as no artwork, and things along those lines. I would typically say that price of the book, print run, and what we perceive as to how well we think it will sell are usually the major contributing factors to what size we decide to make a book.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I'm not saying it did, I've never actually seen the contract. I do know that sometimes contracts have weird things in them though, such as no artwork, and things along those lines. I would typically say that price of the book, print run, and what we perceive as to how well we think it will sell are usually the major contributing factors to what size we decide to make a book.
        Makes sense. Also I imagine Zombie Survival Guide had a lot more designing to go with it, since it's littered with pictures, at least when compared to WWZ. So I figure it would be a more expensive book if it had been oversized as well, and personally I'd rather have WWZ in the larger format than both in the smaller. Actually it hardly matters to me at all

Comment

Was able to pick up a few titles I have long coveted recently:

First up is Rick Hautala's The Wildman Lettered:
          P1320306.jpgP1320307.jpgP1320308.jpgP1320309.jpgP1320310.jpg

This was the first and only complete lettered edition to be released by the short lived Full Moon Press. It is in a wood case, with a soft brown leather lining, silver gilded pages, satin ribbon marker, full color interior art, bound in blue leather and each lettered also has an Alex McVey remarque.

Comment

Adding the lettered completes my Wildman collection adding to my ARC and inscribed Limited:
            P1320311.jpgP1320312.jpgP1320314.jpgP1320315.jpgP1320315.jpg

Comment

I also finally added a Secretary of Dreams Volume II ARC. This one is also remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne.
              P1320316.jpgP1320317.jpgP1320318.jpgP1320319.jpgP1320320.jpg

This completes my Secretary of Dreams set as I am unwilling to spend the money the lettered editions sell for. I have ARC's, Gift Editions and Limited Editions of Volumes I and II.

Comment

I also added the first 'The Princess and Mr. Whiffle' story 'The thing beneath the bed'. This one is a fourth printing signed trade edition and now goes with my limited of 'The Deep Dark Below'.

P1320321.jpgP1320322.jpg

Comment

Cool additions there, Martin. 'The Wildman' looks like a very nice production.

Comment

The lettered 'The Wildman' is fantastic.
                    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
                    — Roland Deschain
                    Wanted
                    The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Congratulations on completing both of those collections. ...

Comment

Very nice adds man! The Wildman looks fantastic.

Comment

I have the Wildman lettered too. I love the traycase!

Comment

Thanks, I was very pleased to add that to my collection!

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                            Cool additions there, Martin. 'The Wildman' looks like a very nice production.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              Congratulations on completing both of those collections. ...
                              Thanks!

Comment

The traycase is perfect for the story! I wish Full Moon Press had been able to survive.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                I have the Wildman lettered too. I love the traycase!

Comment

Working...
                                X