• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few more.

First up is my new hat:
    P1230685.jpg

Comment

My current read is Owen King's Double Feature. Still in the first section but it is very good so far:
      P1230686.jpg

Comment

Now my Arc Grab Bag:
        The Man Who Turned Both Cheeks by Gillian Royes
        P1230687.jpg

El Dorado Blues by Shaun Morey
        P1230688.jpg

Merciless by Lori Armstrong
        P1230689.jpg

Golden Dawn by Thomas M. Kostigen
        P1230690.jpg

Comment

I have all the hardbound Joe Hill's as well as the individual issues.
          Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Yes I agree.I have been getting the hard covers as hey come out. seems we are doing the opposite.I am only getting Joe Hill comics in hard back and collecting comic and hard covers of Stephen King DT series.

Comment

The Latest issue of Locke & Key:

I really love the variant cover
            P1230691.jpgP1230692.jpg

Comment

Recently spotted an audio of a few Stephen King stories. One of the story is read by Stephen King and one is read by Tabitha King so I had to have it:
              P1230700.jpg

Comment

I have a couple of dozen bookmarks in rotation here are a few of them:

First up is one of the one Cemetery Dance used to include in each order:
                P1230693.jpgP1230695.jpg

Next is a Scribner's Bookstore bookmark:
                P1230696.jpg

One I received when I saw the Dalai Lama in 2001:
                P1230697.jpg

A Dark Tower Comic one:
                P1230699.jpg

Comment

First Edition of Misery:
                  P1230701.jpgP1230702.jpgP1230703.jpg

Comment

Not a First Edition of The Stand (the short one):
                    P1230704.jpgP1230705.jpgP1230706.jpg

Comment

Look up the titles you got in the grab bag. Very nice indeed. Love the bookmarks, too.

And I hope you've READ the better version of The Stand.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Indeed I have read the better version and the short one!
                        Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Look up the titles you got in the grab bag. Very nice indeed. Love the bookmarks, too.

And I hope you've READ the better version of The Stand.

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist, as I know you couldn't either!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Resist what? I am sure you have realized that the uncut version of The Stand tells the better story!
                            Sorry, couldn't resist, as I know you couldn't either!

Comment

I know the the uncut version cheapens the sacrifice of Larry, Glenn, and Ralph with Flagg being reborn as Russell Faraday--it takes a superb morality tale and recasts it as a hopeless quest for peace and serenity; and that it leaves little details of the 70's and 80's in a story of the 90's, making the book and veryu bumpy ride; and that I seriously doubt King predicted AIDS in 1978, so it couldn't be the way it was originally intended; and that the scene between Frannie and her dead father before burying him was the only worthwhile addition to the work; and that the scene between the Kid and Tom Cullen was gratuitous and completely unnecessary; and while King obviously wants The Stand to be remembered as the complete and uncut version, he never went back and rewote W&G to have Roland and his Ka-tet enter Topeka of 1996 (so it's the 1978 version that's most important to the DT series); and I could go on and on, but there's really no point. King is allowed a vanity project every now and again (can't think of someone more deserving), but it doesn't make it better.

Anyway, glad to see you got a copy of the original for your collection.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

tell us how you feel Squire Don't hold back.. I have a paper back edition of the short version. I will try to read it This year.I love the uncut version.
                                I know the the uncut version cheapens the sacrifice of Larry, Glenn, and Ralph with Flagg being reborn as Russell Faraday--it takes a superb morality tale and recasts it as a hopeless quest for peace and serenity; and that it leaves little details of the 70's and 80's in a story of the 90's, making the book and veryu bumpy ride; and that I seriously doubt King predicted AIDS in 1978, so it couldn't be the way it was originally intended; and that the scene between Frannie and her dead father before burying him was the only worthwhile addition to the work; and that the scene between the Kid and Tom Cullen was gratuitous and completely unnecessary; and while King obviously wants The Stand to be remembered as the complete and uncut version, he never went back and rewote W&G to have Roland and his Ka-tet enter Topeka of 1996 (so it's the 1978 version that's most important to the DT series); and I could go on and on, but there's really no point. King is allowed a vanity project every now and again (can't think of someone more deserving), but it doesn't make it better.

Anyway, glad to see you got a copy of the original for your collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X